Hummer Forums by Elcova

Hummer Forums by Elcova (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   General H3 Discussion (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   New to this forum and I've already got a bone to pick... (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10653)

Wile E. Coyote 03-24-2006 07:29 AM

Hey all H3ers,

Thanks for the warm welcome that you gave me for joining this forum. There are a lot of knowledgeable and responsible owners here and I am glad that I've joined this forum to discuss H3 topics about upgrades and offroading. I am also glad that the members on of this forum give respect to the other members and that they are not just here to bully around and pump up their HUMMER ego. Actually, there is one guy I've encountered already after just a few days here. paragon? From his posting, he has a H2 SUT and let me tell you, he talks with an ego. All I did was respond to a question about ground clearance vs undercarrage protection and what I thought about it. It's an opinion and just that. Well Paragon responded and was kinda irritating. Here's a link to the string of discussion you might want to check out. paragon

Can anything be done about this matter?

bparker 03-24-2006 07:55 AM

LOL good luck with that. Trust me, you are/will just dig the hole deeper here.

This is self moderated forum. You have no choice but to take the good with the bad.

f5fstop 03-24-2006 08:49 AM

What needs to be done, it is an open forum, if someone doesn't like what other people post, either answer or move on.
I'm just going to sit back and read, this thread will get very interesting, very quickly....

Huck BB62 03-24-2006 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by f5fstop:
What needs to be done, it is an open forum, if someone doesn't like what other people post, either answer or move on.
http://hometown.aol.com/f5fstop01/images/lurk.gif[/IMG]

Interesting concept you got there.

nmikes 03-24-2006 11:33 AM

Threads can get out hand, once you've been on this thing long enough you will see such rediculousness to be almost unbelievable. This actually has been discussed before in other threads. I've gotten offended just as I think everyone here has. Its the culture of the forum. You just can't take it personally, the information is invaluable, but its not for the thinned skinned. Alot of people follow this forum pretty close, alot of them know what they are doing... so in the entrest of those that don't know so much... if someone has a counter argument it gets raised which I'm personal glad of, you see both sides of a thought and formulate your own opinion. Sometimes they are in tone 'mean spirited' but those that are at heart out to just be offensive and mean don't stay long.

RubHer Yellow Ducky 03-24-2006 11:39 AM

HEY ---

GUYS & GALS

U gota take the good with the bad !!! (open forum)

RYD

PARAGON 03-24-2006 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Woody:
Hey all H3ers,

Thanks for the warm welcome that you gave me for joining this forum. There are a lot of knowledgeable and responsible owners here and I am glad that I've joined this forum to discuss H3 topics about upgrades and offroading. I am also glad that the members on of this forum give respect to the other members and that they are not just here to bully around and pump up their HUMMER ego. Actually, there is one guy I've encountered already after just a few days here. paragon? From his posting, he has a H2 SUT and let me tell you, he talks with an ego. All I did was respond to a question about ground clearance vs undercarrage protection and what I thought about it. It's an opinion and just that. Well Paragon responded and was kinda irritating. Here's a link to the string of discussion you might want to check out. paragon

Woody
What part of NEW TO THIS FORUM do you not understand.

Go look at all of your incorrect assumptions and factual attempts and you will see why you don't get the ability to just skate around here posting what you want without someone calling BS about it.

You are flat wrong, it's not opinion. You are offering bad advice and are a newbie no one knows nor can trust. Others with more knowledge than some idiot like you have to step up and point this out and do it in a manner that makes it a warning to future idiots not to make frivilous posts about factually incorrect items.

Get it?

Hell, you are too damn stupid to know that you lumped to long standing members together. KenP has the lifted H2sut and HE posted it under HIS username. Look around in the H2 section if you want to figure out what I drive.

Huck BB62 03-24-2006 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by nmikes:
Threads can get out hand, once you've been on this thing long enough you will see such rediculousness to be almost unbelievable. This actually has been discussed before in other threads. I've gotten offended just as I think everyone here has. Its the culture of the forum. You just can't take it personally, the information is invaluable, but its not for the thinned skinned. Alot of people follow this forum pretty close, alot of them know what they are doing... so in the entrest of those that don't know so much... if someone has a counter argument it gets raised which I'm personal glad of, you see both sides of a thought and formulate your own opinion. Sometimes they are in tone 'mean spirited' but those that are at heart out to just be offensive and mean don't stay long.

You're gonna get a lot of "just go somewhere else then" and X2, X3, X4, repost whining, and stuff, you just have to wade through it because there's really some good stuff on here that's the dealer doesn't know and that you won't get by reading magazines. Some of 'em really don't want to read anything, or learn anything new, they're just here for the entertainment. This forum's definitely not for the thin skinned or those not willing to suffer foolishness. Just bring your sifter, let it ride. Most of 'em (I say most) take as good as they give!

frank6150 03-24-2006 11:56 AM

Damn. How the hell can you get the name of somebody you are trying to bash wrong?!

AZH3 03-24-2006 12:14 PM

Quote:

Hey all H3ers,

Woody

just let them go and be di*ks

HummerNewbie 03-24-2006 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by AZH3:
just let them go and be di*ks

Uhm Frank, I think this may have been directed at you

ShaggyX 03-24-2006 12:23 PM

Quote:

Hey all H3ers,

Woody
LOL...what a pansy.

PARAGON 03-24-2006 12:24 PM

Quote:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Woody:
Hey all H3ers,

Woody

just let them go and be di*ks </div></BLOCKQUOTE>better to be a dick than to suck a dick, huh?

AZH3 03-24-2006 12:29 PM

good one!

PARAGON 03-24-2006 12:30 PM

Quote:

good one!
too bad the same can't be said for you.

AZH3 03-24-2006 12:31 PM

LMAO

PARAGON 03-24-2006 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by frank6150:
Damn. How the hell can you get the name of somebody you are trying to bash wrong?!
Shut up Alec.