Hummer Forums by Elcova

Hummer Forums by Elcova (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   General H4 Discussion (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   H4. Great! But Don't Give Me an Automatic! (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35682)

Michael1 10-14-2008 06:53 AM

H4. Great! But Don't Give Me an Automatic!

The H4 concept looks great, but don't give me no stinkin' automatic, no matter how many gears it has. I want a 6-speed manual with good synchros, and a nice smooth clutch, just like the Europeans have. I'll do my own shifting, thank you. Always have. Always will.

Michael

RazM 10-14-2008 08:25 AM

Re: H4. Great! But Don't Give Me an Automatic!

Just give us the HX, who cares if it comes in standard... This isn't a Lamborghini, it's an offroad rig. Automatic does just fine.
:raar:

HummerHippy 10-14-2008 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RazM
Just give us the HX, who cares if it comes in standard... This isn't a Lamborghini, it's an offroad rig. Automatic does just fine.
:raar:

YES!!
But we'd prefer a manual tranny

Desert Dan 10-14-2008 04:14 PM

5-Speed or a 6-Speed all the way!!

RazM 10-14-2008 07:23 PM

All you people hoping for SFA and manual, go buy a Jeep. This is a HUMMER, and a HUMMER requires atleast IFS and automatic.

:D

Desert Dan 10-14-2008 07:41 PM

A manual should be optional!

Michael1 10-14-2008 09:56 PM

Quote:

All you people hoping for SFA and manual, go buy a Jeep. This is a HUMMER, and a HUMMER requires atleast IFS and automatic.

:D

If anything, they should drop the slushbox, and make it manual only. Let the girly men drivers go get a RAV 4 if they don't know how to shift.:perfect10s:

Michael

Desert Dan 10-14-2008 10:52 PM

Automatics are for people who don't know how to drive a stick shift

RazM 10-15-2008 01:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael1
If anything, they should drop the slushbox, and make it manual only. Let the girly men drivers go get a RAV 4 if they don't know how to shift.:perfect10s:

Michael

Why would a REAL man want to constantly hold a shaft in their hand while driving?:notallthere:

Just face it, manual gearboxes are going out and getting replaced with paddle shifters, and the stigma of requiring to learn a manual to be a "man" is long dead. Have fun replacing your clutch every x# of miles.

:drama: :giggling: :giggling: :giggling:

Michael1 10-15-2008 04:02 AM

Quote:

Why would a REAL man want to constantly hold a shaft in their hand while driving?:notallthere:

Just face it, manual gearboxes are going out and getting replaced with paddle shifters, and the stigma of requiring to learn a manual to be a "man" is long dead. Have fun replacing your clutch every x# of miles.

:drama: :giggling: :giggling: :giggling:

In Europe, manuals account for 85% of new vehicle sales, and it is projected that percentage will remain at that level for many years into the future. I think it's a bit premature to declare the manual dead, anymore than the sythesizer made musical instruments dead.

Also if you know how to drive a manual, you don't need to replace clutches. I've never had to replace one. The clutch packs in my automatics I've had, well, that's a different story.

Michael

wannabeH3 10-16-2008 07:29 PM

If i could hold on to my shaft all day long i would...