Hummer Forums by Elcova

Hummer Forums by Elcova (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   Other Off-Roading Vehicles (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Almost as high as a H2 now (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2417)

Rubiconman 09-30-2005 06:19 AM

Started at 7:30 Am yesterday, and finished at 7:00 Pm. I found that the front drive shaft rubs on the oem tranny skid.. so I removed it. Didnt have time to install the CV or the front swaybar disco's (too tired and sore) so I went home for some sleep(30 mile drive from my buds house). It was kinda like those beds at cheap motels with the quarter massages....vibration city.
Next day I went back and installed CV... at first when I opened the box I thought they sent me the wrong shaft. I didnt realise that the harmonic balancer had to come off. I installed it and the vibes are all gone now. Still haven't put on the swaybar disco's, the kit was missing the part that bolts to the front diff to attach the links. I called Chris @ 4wheel customs, he said he'd send them right out.
I came real close to losing my life this morning when I went to the shop to get it aligned (the local good year shop), there was a real nice set of 15x8 teflon 5 on 4.5 coated alloys, with 33x12.50 MTR's already mounted and balanced... just begging to be put on my rubi, but then I remembered....even if I charged it I would only be postponing the linching till the Visa bill came in.

Old shaft

New CV with fixed yoke

Still need to buy a new skid

h2co-pilot 09-30-2005 08:41 AM

It looks great!! Nice job Rubi.

DennisAJC 09-30-2005 04:01 PM

Yup, she's a beauty.

Will you be upgrading to bigger tires?

Rubiconman 09-30-2005 05:49 PM

Um..uh...yup at least 33's, mebbe 35's, depends on if I can stuff em.
But me being a blue collar type dude, I need to save up for them. I am not independently wealthy, and am in the middle of alot of honey doo's , putting in a pool... building a block wall.. and refinishing my scored concrete floors. My tires will probably be racing slicks by the time i'm ready to buy.

Rubiconman 11-04-2005 02:42 AM

Oooookay! got some serious flex/articulation now... WoooHoo!

PARAGON 11-04-2005 11:26 AM

Hey, you have a little droop there.

Rubiconman 11-21-2005 05:21 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by MR Tool:
Just thought I'd pass along some info you prolly won't find from many here.

Your t-case seal is leaking. You probably have a Rubicon built before may of 2004. Notice the "stripe" on your underbody above your muffler??? The output shaft seal in front of the balancer was prone to leaks. There is a TSB (technical service bulitin) on this that your dealer can repair under warranty. Check rubiconownersforum.com for details of TSB and such.

Um...thanks for the info on the tsb, but you are mistaken on the seal leaking. That is grease fling from the ujoints.

Rubiconman 01-26-2006 10:36 PM

Oooo la la , got me som "tars" now Iyam as high .

h2co-pilot 01-26-2006 10:52 PM

Nice Rubi!!!!!!!

Love the black rims. It really looks sweet now.

KenP 01-27-2006 03:42 AM

Wow! Is that GM Desert Sand?

Jeep looks great!

Rubiconman 01-31-2006 06:46 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by KenP:
Wow! Is that GM Desert Sand?

Jeep looks great!
Khaki

Rubiconman 03-13-2006 01:12 PM

Went out playin in my backyard again.... it snowed yesterday.

furblog 11-10-2009 02:14 AM

Re: Almost as high as a H2 now

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rubiconman
Started at 7:30 Am yesterday, and finished at 7:00 Pm. I found that the front drive shaft rubs on the oem tranny skid.. so I removed it. Didnt have time to install the CV or the front swaybar disco's (too tired and sore) so I went home for some sleep(30 mile drive from my buds house). It was kinda like those beds at cheap motels with the quarter massages....vibration city.
Next day I went back and installed CV... at first when I opened the box I thought they sent me the wrong shaft. I didnt realise that the harmonic balancer had to come off. I installed it and the vibes are all gone now. Still haven't put on the swaybar disco's, the kit was missing the part that bolts to the front diff to attach the links. I called Chris @ 4wheel customs, he said he'd send them right out.
I came real close to losing my life this morning when I went to the shop to get it aligned (the local good year shop), there was a real nice set of 15x8 teflon 5 on 4.5 coated alloys, with 33x12.50 MTR's already mounted and balanced... just begging to be put on my rubi, but then I remembered....even if I charged it I would only be postponing the linching till the Visa bill came in.

Old shaft

New CV with fixed yoke

Still need to buy a new skid

Awesome images. Just can't help replying on it. I am now looking for some 15x8 teflon 5 on 4.5 coated alloys too just can't find a real nice offer,