Hummer Forums by Elcova

Hummer Forums by Elcova (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   Photos of YOUR H3 (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   New '09 in the driveway (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37804)

HumbleAg 07-02-2009 01:04 AM

New '09 in the driveway

1 Attachment(s)
Ok, I know driveway shots aren't the best, but I was anxious to get something posted. Traded the '07 adventure for a new '09 Championship Series. Ultra Silver, V8, offroad package, and very little bling. Probably stick with a black/silver scheme with this one.

I don't know how "limited" the Championship Series actually is, the dealer where I got this one had 3. There is a "Silver" color slated for the '10, so the uniqueness of this color might not last.

Attachment 51263

Needless to say, I'm a proud owner of my third H3.

Gholan 07-02-2009 05:22 AM

Re: New '09 in the driveway

Very nice, I like the all the little details done to it. I have been thinking about getting fender flares for my truck. I ediited this post after I did some research on what comes on this edition.

Standard equipment:
5.3L V8 w/ auto trans (Previously only in Alpha models)
Off-Road suspension package
Red brake calipers
Exclusive ultra silver metallic exterior color
Body colored grille
Exclusive hood decal
Fender Flare Extensions
16 x 17.5-in aluminum wheels
Cloth interior
Rocker panel protection
Under-body shield
Black Brush guard

Optional equipment shown:
Wide-spoke chrome wheels
Sunroof
Roof marker lamps
Chrome fuel door
Chrome appearance package

Texas Red 07-02-2009 03:53 PM

Very nice!!! I like the color and the "no chrome" features. The body color seems to go well with the lower front underbumper (or whatever it's called).

Congrats. :beerchug:

H3slate 07-02-2009 06:20 PM

Looks good! Enjoy the v-8! :jump:

HumbleAg 07-03-2009 02:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texas Red
The body color seems to go well with the lower front underbumper (or whatever it's called).

Yes, it does match reasonably well. If the truck was any other color, I'd probably have to have that part painted black (like on the '06 and '07). It just looks a bit odd to me on other color trucks.

312 miles and counting....

:excited:

Dave92270 07-03-2009 03:52 PM

nice truck!! - V8 and no chrome? do they call it still Alpha (because V8), or not?

..never mind; I found the truck on the Hummer site ...H3 Limited..nice

Rob 4092xx 07-05-2009 07:37 PM

What brand fender flares are those? I like them!

Were they easy to install?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave92270
nice truck!! - V8 and no chrome? do they call it still Alpha (because V8), or not?

..never mind; I found the truck on the Hummer site ...H3 Limited..nice

Gholan 07-05-2009 10:31 PM

The Championship edition comes form the factory that way. Here is a couple links to some aftermarket companies that make them.

http://www.egclassicsinc.com/invento...php?itemid=740

http://www.bushwacker.com/fender.asp...&search=Search

I think the CE could have bushwhackers since they are same color dunno tho.

HumbleAg 07-06-2009 12:15 AM

Yes, it came that way. Odd, since it isn't even an option on other models, I guess that does make it a bit special.

I'm not sure if it is one of the options from the aftermarket guys. Does look more like the bushwackers, but the webpage says those are paintable matte black, these are textured more like the bumpers.

I do like the EG models with the splash guards, had OEM splash guards on both of my previous trucks. They really help keep the sides clean. Haven't had this one out in mud or rain, so I don't know if the flares help out.

HummerJim 07-19-2009 11:13 PM

Congratulations! VERY NICE!:D

HumbleAg 07-21-2009 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HummerJim
Congratulations! VERY NICE!:D

Thanks Jim!

680 miles and still grinning. I've had to fill it up twice so far, 14mpg first tank and 15mpg second. I was getting 17mpg with the I5, so I'm not too disappointed with this. Probably get better when it loosens up some (and synthetic oil put in).

Sold the carpet floor mats on ebay, just ordered the Vinyl ones.

Now if I could just find time to do all the stuff I want to do:

1) Put navigation system in that came out of previous.
2) Buy and install black nerf bars.
3) Paint bars on wheel center caps black (like original 2006 had).
4) Explain to my wife why all this is necessary.

:)

Airman84 07-27-2009 05:25 PM

Looks great, thinking of painting my calipers... i'll wait till the pads are worn to get new ones. Is that a limited edition?

fourfourto 07-27-2009 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Airman84
Looks great, thinking of painting my calipers... i'll wait till the pads are worn to get new ones. Is that a limited edition?

Paint them now:D
I just did front pads at 58,000 miles(still had some left 1/4 + or -)
About 8,000 miles towing 4000 lbs w trailer brake

Rars are still good not even 1/2 worn.

The front pads slide in like toast in a toaster no need to remove caliper.
Quickest brake job I have ever done.

HumbleAg 07-28-2009 01:32 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Airman84

It is a "special" edition, I don't know how limited. If production numbers are published anywhere I haven't found them. Calipers and shocks painted bright red.

Got the navigation system and backup camera put in this weekend, very time consuming since I'm a bit meticulous (some might say anal). Put on the roof rack crossbars I took off the previous truck (silver, although on this one I'd prefer black).

About to pull the trigger on factory nerf bars. No one else seems to make them in a gray or flat black finish (like the brush guard). I think the gloss black will stand out just a bit much.

Also got the bars on the wheel caps painted, I just like the way this looks.

Attachment 51335

Intercooled 07-28-2009 02:04 AM

very nice!! :perfect10s:

Spuds 08-10-2009 09:08 PM

There were several of the Championship Editions at a dealer in the Houston area. I went to look at them and they are pretty nice.

HumbleAg 08-12-2009 01:20 AM

Re: New '09 in the driveway - Getting there

3 Attachment(s)
Ok, working on the mods. Now have black step bars, navigation system in (with backup camera), tinted front windows.

Attachment 51361

Attachment 51362

Attachment 51363

Next, maybe roof marker lights.

BANDITZ777 12-03-2010 10:03 PM

I would of liked to have seen grill & wheels chrome. still a very cool color combination looks good man

3Hummer 12-11-2010 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BANDITZ777
I would of liked to have seen grill & wheels chrome. still a very cool color combination looks good man

an old thread comes alive! the main reason it does not have those is it was a series made to honor the hummer racing heritage, giving it the chrome would have taken away from the ruggedness and the body color grill was done to add to the overall appearance. also they wanted to create an H3 with a V8 without the chrome or leather, a more rugged and capable car with only the necessities (besides the H3T). Chrome however was still an option on this model for the rims, door handles, and mirror caps. But regardless the brush guard would still remain in the Ultra Silver.