Hummer Forums by Elcova

Hummer Forums by Elcova (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   General H3 Discussion (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   I'm back (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24620)

HummerJim 02-10-2007 08:41 PM

I'm back

After a long, but successful battle with cancer, I'm back as old, as mean and as onry as ever. The '06 Green Shadow Metallic (in the first 125 build) that trecked from here to Alaska, is now in the possession of my son in Colorado with 71,283 miles on it. It ran flawlessly, no cylinder head or engine problems, never burnt oil, and just the crack in the roof plastic trim, a burnt out window lift motor and averaged 13 to 15 mpg. It was a vehicle I loved to drive and looking forward to what I want on a new H3 got me through some dark days at the hospital. My wife put on several thousand miles going back and forth from the lake to the hospital in St. Louis in the H3 and was sorry to see it go last week, but it's still in the family! It was a vehicle I ALWAYS enjoyed driving. My Hummer Tshirt was a welcome relief to hose atrocious blue hospital gowns too!
Now I look forward to getting an '07 as soon as I am stronger and back to my old self - but ALAS, no more Shadow Green Metallic. I know the exact equipment I want on it and have already test driven an '07 at Lynch. I found the added power in the '07 very welcome & very noticeable to those of us who have spent a long time in the cockpit of the '06 . Am I getting old and loosing my hearing, or is the '07 quieter than the '06?
Good to see Fstop and some of the old gang. This has taught me, to enjoy every day, not put off till tomorrow the things you really want to do, and drive a HUMMER!

h2co-pilot 02-10-2007 08:58 PM

Re: I'm back

A heartfelt Congratulations.:beerchug:

Welcome Back.:grouphug:

Interleukin 02-10-2007 09:16 PM

welcome back and congrats on getting through your ordeal. :beerchug:

cancer got :OWNED:

3Hummer 02-10-2007 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by h2co-pilot

:iagree: :iagree: Welcome Back and congratulations!!! :beerchug:

And what did you have in mind for your new H3 when you get around to buying it?

HummBebe 02-10-2007 09:28 PM

Congratulations Jim. Welcome back:grouphug:

Khoolhandz 02-10-2007 09:38 PM

Congrats on your successful win against cancer...may you stay in remission forever...

Eugene (Fellow cancer survivor, Synovial Sarcoma left knee).

The Green Lantern 02-10-2007 09:57 PM

:clapping: Welcome back Jim!!

RubHer Yellow Ducky 02-10-2007 10:02 PM

Jim,

Though we have never met, WELCOME BACK AND GOOD LUCK.....

RYD

Hey Jim, I just looked at your profile and your older then me and Zoomie. You may just be the oldest H-3 driver on the site. I guess us older guys are still "GIVEN EM HELL" Stay well.....

Sewie 02-10-2007 10:29 PM

Welcome back HJ. :beerchug:

Steve - SanJose 02-11-2007 12:31 AM

Welcome back and glad to hear about your recovery!

NEOCON1 02-11-2007 02:47 AM

great news welcome back :beerchug:

DennisAJC 02-11-2007 02:48 AM

Way to win the battle Jim.:perfect10s:

Welcome back.

usetosellhummer 02-11-2007 02:56 AM

Keep Pushin! keep moving on

K9sH3 02-11-2007 05:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by h2co-pilot

I Agree!!!!

Hi Jim,
We never met, but now that I read your thread and what you had to say. Welcome back my friend. I wish you a great recovery and a speedy return to a 07 H3.
Its stories like yours that make me live the way I do. I take each day as a gift and that gift I give to others so that they will do the same. Today you gave all of us a gift, that is to remind us life is short and to enjoy the people around you.
Heres to ya! :beerchug:

Wayne

Ken06H3 02-11-2007 05:25 AM

May you have a long cancer free life from a fellow survivor ? 9 years here.

deserth3 02-11-2007 06:28 AM

Glad to hear they let you out and you're doing well.

So which was worse... Being stuck in a hospital or being stuck in St. Louis.:jump:

I drove an 07 base model and thought it was louder than my 06. I think the undercoating on my 06 makes a big difference.

lamric 02-11-2007 06:53 AM

Welcome back and we all pray that this is a victory that you'll savor for many years.

Demo 02-11-2007 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by K9sH3
I Agree!!!!

Hi Jim,
We never met, but now that I read your thread and what you had to say. Welcome back my friend. I wish you a great recovery and a speedy return to a 07 H3.
Its stories like yours that make me live the way I do. I take each day as a gift and that gift I give to others so that they will do the same. Today you gave all of us a gift, that is to remind us life is short and to enjoy the people around you.

Wayne

Can't say that any better.

Awesome, nice to have the "old" peolple around to teach us "young" guys a few things.

Demo

Hmmm2 02-11-2007 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by K9sH3
I Agree!!!!

Hi Jim,

Wayne

X2! What a heartwarming success story. Welcome back!

startin\' young 02-11-2007 11:32 AM

he man it is great to hear that u r doing better, i have a grandpa with picks disease(a form of alzheimers) so good 4 u hope ur out wheeling in no time