Hummer Forums by Elcova

Hummer Forums by Elcova (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   Photos of YOUR H2 (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Updated Blackened Pics (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38357)

twenty2 10-21-2009 07:35 AM

Updated Blackened Pics

4 Attachment(s)
Finally put my Mud Grapplers on. All I say is they are LOUD! It makes up for the exhaust I dont have yet..

TXSUT 10-21-2009 04:49 PM

Re: Updated Blackened Pics

Quote:

Originally Posted by twenty2
All I say is they are LOUD!

Just wait until you have about 10k miles on them.

twenty2 10-21-2009 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TXSUT
Just wait until you have about 10k miles on them.

Then what happens? They quiet down??

ROUSHDEMON 10-21-2009 07:34 PM

nope, louder....:OWNED:

I had them on my excursion.... great offroad tire but man....... I couldn't even call my Grandma for to wish her Happy Birthday cuz she was like..... "WHAAATTT???" and I was like "HUHHHHH?" and yeah.... didn't work out.
nice rig tho, you need to black out your side markers.:clapping:

twenty2 10-21-2009 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ROUSHDEMON
nope, louder....:OWNED:

I had them on my excursion.... great offroad tire but man....... I couldn't even call my Grandma for to wish her Happy Birthday cuz she was like..... "WHAAATTT???" and I was like "HUHHHHH?" and yeah.... didn't work out.
nice rig tho, you need to black out your side markers.:clapping:

Thats okay! Im liking the loudness. I don't know how to black out markers without screwing them up. They are the only things that havent been blacked out yet

Big.Z.hummin 10-21-2009 11:32 PM

Quote:

Thats okay! Im liking the loudness. I don't know how to black out markers without screwing them up. They are the only things that havent been blacked out yet

Tape around them. and get vht nightshade. sand down with around 800 grit paper then just put as many coats on until you like the darkness. for me id say no more than 2 or 3 coats. stuff works great!

What did you use to paint your gas cap? and imo i would swap your black nerf bars for the le steps and rocker but thats just my opinion. other than that Rig looks great my friend! :perfect10s:

s_c5519 10-22-2009 01:36 AM

I aggree.. the first thing taht stood out for me in the first pic was the bright yellow marker. the VHT works great and you can get by without sanding too. If you want them shiny do a few clear coats at the end... I personally do 3-5 light VHT coats but I think they do recommend 2-3 as you start losing some light after 3...

by the way, other than that, the truck looks great!!

twenty2 10-22-2009 02:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big.Z.hummin
Tape around them. and get vht nightshade. sand down with around 800 grit paper then just put as many coats on until you like the darkness. for me id say no more than 2 or 3 coats. stuff works great!

What did you use to paint your gas cap? and imo i would swap your black nerf bars for the le steps and rocker but thats just my opinion. other than that Rig looks great my friend! :perfect10s:

Thanks everyone! The gas cap and both hood rails were powercoated all black.
Ill try giving it a shot this weekend blacking out the turn signals.. Ill post pics after I do them. Hopefully the weather will be nice

HummBob 10-22-2009 06:41 AM

Looks AWESOME 22.......

Like My Rigs evil Twin!!!:D

Metallic Red 10-23-2009 01:28 AM

Good Lookin' Rig!! Now go get it dirty...:perfect10s:

twenty2 10-23-2009 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HummBob
Looks AWESOME 22.......

Like My Rigs evil Twin!!!:D

Thanks HummBob!! They sure do!! I wish we could get all the blackened rigs all together from this forum and cause chaos on the highway!

Big.Z.hummin 10-24-2009 05:43 AM

Quote:

Thanks HummBob!! They sure do!! I wish we could get all the blackened rigs all together from this forum and cause chaos on the highway!

I'm Down!

SnoopFogg 12-29-2009 05:09 PM

How is the powder coating on the roof rails holding up? I use snowboard racks during the winter months and am worried that they would scratch up the paint if I went black.

twenty2 01-04-2010 04:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnoopFogg
How is the powder coating on the roof rails holding up? I use snowboard racks during the winter months and am worried that they would scratch up the paint if I went black.

so far so good.. Not too scratched up at all. When i put my boards on top, i keep them in the bag...

pdxrealtor 01-05-2010 07:43 PM

2 Attachment(s)
They also have side marker light covers... I just had mine powder coated black. They were OEM.

Here is a picture of them after I had them powder coated- They come in two pieces... I'm trying to decide whether to use both pieces or just the back trim piece... but in your case it's a clear decision.
Attachment 52063

Attachment 52064

hummeraddict 01-06-2010 03:43 AM

What a beaut. I'm not usually a fan of the blacked out look, but that looks real nice!

blockrockin 01-06-2010 10:41 PM

looks awesome ! great job :beerchug:

StockStar 01-07-2010 05:10 PM

Quote:

Then what happens? They quiet down??

honestly..... I've heard that they become quiet. Spoke to a guy locally here and those were his words. Your ride looks damn good

twenty2 01-11-2010 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StockStar
honestly..... I've heard that they become quiet. Spoke to a guy locally here and those were his words. Your ride looks damn good

Thanks! Ive gotten used to the sound. But, from what people have said on the phone, is that "what, are you in a small airplane right now?" Ha ha..

twenty2 01-27-2010 11:09 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Well, I sold my other wheels and tires to go with the black chrome. To me, I liked them at the shop...... now, I think I just lost the "murderous look" I had when I had my black rims on? Whats your guys opinion?
Do I go back to black rims again?