Hummer Forums by Elcova

Hummer Forums by Elcova (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   General H3 Discussion (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   GM to offer 72 months 0% on everything (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17818)

Hummerman 5150 06-23-2006 01:21 PM

GM to offer 72 months 0% on everything

Thought I would drop you all a line about a upcoming promo. I worked with a dealer that told me GM is going to be coming out in the very near future with 72 mo. 0% deal for all GM products. He said GM is trying to get some units moving as there is a glut of autos out there and sales have dropped off to a snails pace. This is supposeldy including the Hummers as well as vettes. Take it for what it is worth thought I would give you all a heads up.

Hummer Guy 06-23-2006 04:51 PM

Re: GM to offer 72 months 0% on everything

I've heard rumblings..but nothing official..and not on 72month. we'll see I guess..

Adam in CO 06-23-2006 06:57 PM

Car financing vs. rebate

You're at an auto dealership, about to sign for the $30,000 SUV of your dreams. You saw it advertised with a $2,000 rebate. Now the salesperson is dangling 0 percent financing instead. Deal?

DEAL IF...you plan to keep the car for a while, generally at least four years. Only at that point will the interest savings top the amount of money you could have gotten back in the rebate, says Jesse Toprak of Edmunds.com.

In this instance, with 0 percent interest over five years, you'll pay only the $30,000. The same car with the rebate, no down payment and 7 percent financing over five years would cost $33,266. (To weigh other offers, check the Decision Calculator: Low APR vs. Cash Back at Edmunds.com.)

Manufacturers and dealers usually extend these incentives when they're having a hard time unloading inventory; with SUVs right now, fuel prices have made the vehicles unfashionable. So be aware that you may give back some of your savings in the form of a lower resale value down the road.

evldave 06-23-2006 09:25 PM

If this ends up being true, might be time for me to go down and get an H2SUT...:D

Michael1 06-23-2006 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NASCAR17
THE THING ABOUT 0 PERCENT IS YOU THEN GET NO DISCOUNTS OR REBATES. THE WAY I LOOK AT IS YOU SAVE 5 YEARS ON O PERCENT OR SAVE NOW ON REBATES AND DISCOUNTS NOW.IT USALLY BALANCES OUT TO THE SAME. I GET GM SUPPLIER DISCOUNT.

By the way, no need to SHOUT.

I know the manufacturers usually have you select the incentive program of your choice, but I don't see why you can negotiate a good price, and use the 0% financing. I guess we'll see when the incentive is announced.

Michael

TheArchiTexan 06-24-2006 02:13 AM

that aint sh*t compared to my five finger discount

timgco 06-24-2006 05:09 AM

Supplier + ZERO percent on 72 months for an H3.

I'd sell the H2!
and.....
I'd have another H3 in the driveway for sure!

Q: Has GM ever offered ZERO PERCENT for 72 months?

At that price you could have an extra front and rear Diff. in the garage just in case.;) :D

westhillsat 06-24-2006 05:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by timgco
Supplier + ZERO percent on 72 months for an H3.

I'd sell the H2!
and.....
I'd have another H3 in the driveway for sure!

Q: Has GM ever offered ZERO PERCENT for 72 months?

At that price you could have an extra front and rear Diff. in the garage just in case.;) :D

The dogs Tim, think of the dogs and space ;)
Me thinks you are going for the world record of most Hummers owned and traded;) :D

Steve - SanJose 06-24-2006 09:31 PM

If true and across the board, this would probably be one of the more effective marketing tools. Certainly better than the $1.99/gallon promo on some models in some states.

S.

timgco 06-25-2006 01:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by westhillsat
The dogs Tim, think of the dogs and space ;)
Me thinks you are going for the world record of most Hummers owned and traded;) :D

The GOBi rack hold most everything.;)

BTW- I have not traded one HUMMER in so far.:D

ketcat 06-25-2006 05:16 AM

http://www.autonews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/frontpage?ws=uf

Scroll down and there is a story on GM's new incentive....

Most of you probably don't have access to the whole story but the 1st paragraph appears to tell the story.

Steve - SanJose 06-25-2006 05:57 AM

K. - I see it's for clearing out the 2006's.

S.

JWSchmidt3 06-26-2006 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael1
I know the manufacturers usually have you select the incentive program of your choice, but I don't see why you can negotiate a good price, and use the 0% financing. I guess we'll see when the incentive is announced.

Michael

I am currently about to complete year 4 of 5 years at 1.9% on my Z06, which I got at GM Supplier discount. GMS guarantees you the price, but does not prevent you from any additional rebates or financing incentives being offered. Trying to get GMS on a Z06 Vette is another story, luckily I had a friend at a dealer.

Seems every year around this time, all 3 of the big car manufacturers wholesale everything to start next model year production.