Hummer Forums by Elcova

Hummer Forums by Elcova (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Off Topic (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   For you diesel guys.... (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38736)

OrangeCrush 12-25-2009 11:38 PM

For you diesel guys....

Since I'll be shipping my truck off next week, I'd like to look for some tuning ideas.

For any of you that own other diesel vehicles, any suggestions on tuning applications?

I've googled it and come up with a ton of responses but would like some real experience.

I think I've narrowed it down to either a bully dog or a Banks tune.

Thanks,

Mark

splne1 12-27-2009 07:05 PM

Re: For you diesel guys....

Both excellent choices!!! I like the bully dog because of the PDA that can go anywhere with you unlike others that stay stuck to the dash plus there downloadble content seems to be pretty up to date all the time!!

OrangeCrush 12-27-2009 10:41 PM

Thanks for the reply. You bring up a good point I hadn't thought of. I'm not interested in leaving anything attached to the dash.

After much research, I think I'm going with the PPE tuner. (just gotta check to see if it has to stay on the dash or I can upload and run)

Mark

ssgharkness020147 12-28-2009 12:18 AM

TTS diesel is where its at. He doesn't do fast work, but its top notch. Banks sucks, a good friend of mine is running a PPE hot tune in his Duramax ****er flies.

OrangeCrush 01-08-2010 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ssgharkness020147
TTS diesel is where its at. He doesn't do fast work, but its top notch. Banks sucks, a good friend of mine is running a PPE hot tune in his Duramax ****er flies.

Thanks ss, ended up buying the PPE hot tuner.

The tune I'll end up using is 240HP/335TQ

Add that to the exist 360/620 and that'll leave me a hair more than 800 ft.lbs. at the wheels.

Mark

ssgharkness020147 01-08-2010 05:49 PM

A good friend of mine runs the PPE hot tune. He's also got the wastegate/EGR blocked off along with intake/exhaust. That truck SCREAMS. We're talking hangs with stock Vettes fast.

You are going to put in a built Allison right? With what you'll be putting out your trans is not going to last long at all. From what I've read about the Allison, slipping it just once or twice really shortens the life of it. I know my friend has a Suncoast in his with around 160K trouble free miles on it.

OrangeCrush 01-08-2010 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ssgharkness020147
A good friend of mine runs the PPE hot tune. He's also got the wastegate/EGR blocked off along with intake/exhaust. That truck SCREAMS. We're talking hangs with stock Vettes fast.

You are going to put in a built Allison right? With what you'll be putting out your trans is not going to last long at all. From what I've read about the Allison, slipping it just once or twice really shortens the life of it. I know my friend has a Suncoast in his with around 160K trouble free miles on it.

Yeah, you've heard the same things I have. I'm having a trans built and shipped to the guy doing the install so I've got the trans in it before I even get the truck back.

The HP/TQ is a freebie.... I'm thrilled I'll be getting over 20 mpg on the highway.

Mark