Hummer Forums by Elcova

Hummer Forums by Elcova (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   General H3 Discussion (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   H3 For my wife...I tried... (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4150)

Goalkeeper 09-10-2005 08:39 PM

I've been trying to talk my wife into an H3 but to no avail. She's dead set on the Infiti Fx.

Does anyone here have an FX? If so, what do you like? Dislike? Any problems?

Thanks!

-Matt

Goalkeeper 09-10-2005 08:39 PM

I've been trying to talk my wife into an H3 but to no avail. She's dead set on the Infiti Fx.

Does anyone here have an FX? If so, what do you like? Dislike? Any problems?

Thanks!

-Matt

Timster 09-10-2005 08:44 PM

There fun cars to drive.
There is little too no space in the rear cargo area.
Rear passangers should be on the short side as not to hit there heads.
And it reminds me of the pod people movie, just to strange looking.
Just my 2 cents worth,
Tim

NJ H2 09-10-2005 08:57 PM

I don't like it X Infiniti!

VTSTOMPER 09-10-2005 09:01 PM

I do not think it is bad...stick a rod upwards on the front and you have a 3 driver *think golf*!

VTSTOMPER 09-10-2005 09:15 PM

read about it here!

http://www.nctd.com/review-intro.cfm?Vehicle=2005_Infiniti_FX&ReviewID=1694

dochummer 09-11-2005 02:13 AM

I tried the same thing. She's set on the acura mdx though...

KenP 09-11-2005 02:35 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Goalkeeper:

-Matt </div></BLOCKQUOTE>That sucks.

Goalkeeper 09-11-2005 01:52 PM

Thanks for the condolences fellas...

The FX isn't bad, we test drove it and it's pretty fun to drive. We're a little worried about the space for Chewbacca(Chewi - our Golden).

Thanks VT for the link.

-matt

ARH1956 09-11-2005 03:08 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Goalkeeper:
Thanks for the condolences fellas...

The FX isn't bad, we test drove it and it's pretty fun to drive. We're a little worried about the space for Chewbacca(Chewi - our Golden).

Thanks VT for the link.

-matt </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I had an '03 FX45. If you can deal with the styling it's a fine automobile. The back seat is very comfortable for those 5'8" and under, beyond 5'8" they'll be cramped for long hauls. The high end Techno option is interesting with the laser-guided/braking assist/ automatic cruise control but will drive anyone with a radar detector bananas. The laser emitter will set off every detector you pass & any you are following. Back up camera has excellent resolution & plays on the navigation screen whenever reverse is selected. The FX45 is very quick, handles superbly & actually has better cargo storage than my BMW X5 4.6 IS had. Overall a pleasurable vehicle, & Infiniti's service departments are spectacular.

HummBebe 09-11-2005 04:01 PM

I passed on the FX45 for the H3. The reason I liked the FX is beacause of it's unique and agressive look. The H3 wins hands down in the same category. I felt like the FX was "over-engineered" Way to many buttons gadgets and such.

I think the H3 is far more comfortable. Front and rear.

As it is, I had the entirely opposite situation my husband at the time said he preferred the FX over the H3. And we all know who won

Good luck, but if you wife is anything like me, she will buy what she wants.

signals34 09-11-2005 05:33 PM

Don't forget the Fx takes premium fuel.... not the H-3.....

H3 Hummer 09-11-2005 06:28 PM

Isn't the FX about 10 - 15 thousand more.

My 4 foot 10 inch wife just doesn't like backing up and that is understandable.

Matt5462 09-11-2005 07:00 PM

I owned a 03 fx 45 w/techno, I would compare it to a bmw540 with ground clearance. It sucked in snow but was fun driving around town. Its due for a body change soon so you might want to wait for it, or maybe let it happen and score a older one for much cheaper.

DarthKarl 09-11-2005 11:24 PM

I've been trying to talk my wife into an H3 but to no avail. She's dead set on the Infiti Fx. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The FX is a very nice ride, but its no Hummer.

By the way, it took me more than three years to talk my wife into buying a Hummer.

TrojanH3 09-12-2005 10:47 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DarthKarl:
I've been trying to talk my wife into an H3 but to no avail. She's dead set on the Infiti Fx. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The FX is a very nice ride, but its no Hummer.

By the way, it took me more than three years to talk my wife into buying a Hummer. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Man I'm feeling lucky after reading this thread. My Wife's been wanting a Hummer for a while but the H2 just wouldn't work for us. Unfortunately we have to wait a couple more months before pulling the trigger ... and I have to get rid of the 2000 Nissan Maxima that's on her side of the Garage now.