Hummer Forums by Elcova

Hummer Forums by Elcova (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   General H2 Discussion (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   It has been fun (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44680)

Easy Ed 03-02-2014 07:17 AM

It has been fun

But I sold the truck today and have moved on to something wayyyy different.

For the record, DRTYFN, please go set in the corner and lick you nuts like a good little pup ;-) You are and have been a great wealth of info. And your wit and banter has been fun, just watch shooting the mirrors on your truck ;-)

It has been fun, interesting and at times really crazy but well worth it. Thanks folks for your help, input, and in times that I could help, glad I was able to help in some way.

HUMTECH, Please continue to help, your info has been very helpful bud and out of anyone here, s!it, you should charge for your info ;-).

I will check in (if anything to see what DRTYFN has to say to my comment) and see what is going on.

Have fun, take care, Ed (Easy Ed)

HUMTECH 03-02-2014 08:39 AM

Re: It has been fun

Cheers and thanks, so ya gonna let us in on what ya bought???

Easy Ed 03-02-2014 01:23 PM

2011 Kia Optima LX with 2.4 liter four cylinder and six speed auto with 13784 miles on it. 34 MPG versus 11 MPG. Far cry from a high end car but will work for what I need it for ;)

Edit: With 106,000 miles on the truck I got $12,500 for trade, no spare tire, wheels and frame that looked like sh!t due to Ohio winters, drivers side folding mirror that would not fold anymore (go figure) I was okay with that price because I got my use out of it over the 11 years of having it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by HUMTECH
Cheers and thanks, so ya gonna let us in on what ya bought???

jsbihn 03-02-2014 02:04 PM

Oh man.... I am saddened
There are few on here that really are top notch and you sir were one of them.

Hopefully you do check in more often then not

(hopefully with all that money you save in gas... you will be able to buy another H2 to play with and be back on the forums shortly)

hmer 03-02-2014 02:47 PM

You will be back in a 2 at some point ;-) .the hummer fever never goes away . i stoped driving the H3 for some time and H2s kept driving by slaping me in the face so i finaly got a 04 last month ;-) ..... you will be back ;-) .....

Easy Ed 03-02-2014 03:12 PM

jsbihn, Thanks for the compliment, I will be lurking around and help if I can. Kinda hard to stop doing something that I have been doing here for around ten years now ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by jsbihn
Oh man.... I am saddened
There are few on here that really are top notch and you sir were one of them.

Hopefully you do check in more often then not

(hopefully with all that money you save in gas... you will be able to buy another H2 to play with and be back on the forums shortly)

Easy Ed 03-02-2014 03:20 PM

I may be already missing it with the snow that is coming down now ;)

Our next plan is to get the wife a "newer" 4 X 4 in a price range of around $15,000 to $20,000. We are trying to keep cost down as we do buy because I want to retire at 62 (3.5 years to go) with very little debt and a couple vehicles that will carry us into our "golden years" :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by hmer
You will be back in a 2 at some point ;-) .the hummer fever never goes away . i stoped driving the H3 for some time and H2s kept driving by slaping me in the face so i finaly got a 04 last month ;-) ..... you will be back ;-) .....

LoJac963 03-03-2014 02:01 AM

My wife recently traded in her Saturn Sky Redline for a Jeep Liberty 4x4 Limited Jet Edition. Much much safer than the Sky and she loves the hell out of it. Thing is built solid as a rock!

Easy Ed 03-03-2014 02:15 AM

Wife has been looking for the "just right" Jeep Liberty, it has to be blue ;)

Really though, she has been looking for something in her price range and decent miles and in the Jeep line up. She just likes the security of knowing she has four wheel drive during the winter months, no off roading. Myself, getting the car and if it snows too much, that is what personal days are for ;-)

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoJac963
My wife recently traded in her Saturn Sky Redline for a Jeep Liberty 4x4 Limited Jet Edition. Much much safer than the Sky and she loves the hell out of it. Thing is built solid as a rock!

PaHumBug 03-03-2014 03:38 PM

Sad to see you go, you've been more than helpful several times! Take care!

LoJac963 03-03-2014 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy Ed

Really though, she has been looking for something in her price range and decent miles and in the Jeep line up. She just likes the security of knowing she has four wheel drive during the winter months, no off roading. Myself, getting the car and if it snows too much, that is what personal days are for ;-)

That was mine too, had to be a liberty 4x4. We looked at so many but either had a huge amount of miles or was tore up either inside or out. Finally just stopped into a dealership not knowing what they had and found the one she just had to have! The limited 4x4's are definitely nice, try to track down either a Jet or Arctic edition.

Easy Ed 03-04-2014 01:11 AM

Thanks PaHumBug. I will still check in, hard not to since I have been doing so for 10 or so years ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaHumBug
Sad to see you go, you've been more than helpful several times! Take care!

Easy Ed 03-04-2014 01:12 AM

Will do LoJac963, Thanks, Ed

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoJac963
That was mine too, had to be a liberty 4x4. We looked at so many but either had a huge amount of miles or was tore up either inside or out. Finally just stopped into a dealership not knowing what they had and found the one she just had to have! The limited 4x4's are definitely nice, try to track down either a Jet or Arctic edition.

twenty2 03-04-2014 08:27 PM

You'll def be back at some point. I just helped pull out a few people in the snow ditch over the weekend, and much surprised they're reaction was " WOWWW, your H2 didn't even flinch trying to pull our car/trucks out!"
Satisfaction guaranteed!! Maybe you can LIFT the 2011 Kia Optima? :beerchug:

Easy Ed 03-05-2014 12:25 AM

Lift he!!, got to check into lowering it and put a fart can on the exhaust ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by twenty2
Maybe you can LIFT the 2011 Kia Optima? :beerchug:

H2duramax 03-05-2014 05:15 AM

Sad to see you go, I always waited to see you weigh in on technical issues... your input will be missed. Happy trails to you.

Easy Ed 03-25-2014 12:59 AM

She ended up with a new 2014 Jeep Patriot Latitude 4X4....oh yeah, blue ;) She likes it so that it is what counts I guess :giggling:

Quote:

DRTYFN 04-25-2014 08:10 PM

Quote:

But I sold the truck today and have moved on to something wayyyy different.

For the record, DRTYFN, please go set in the corner and lick you nuts like a good little pup ;-) You are and have been a great wealth of info. And your wit and banter has been fun, just watch shooting the mirrors on your truck ;-)

It has been fun, interesting and at times really crazy but well worth it. Thanks folks for your help, input, and in times that I could help, glad I was able to help in some way.

HUMTECH, Please continue to help, your info has been very helpful bud and out of anyone here, s!it, you should charge for your info ;-).

I will check in (if anything to see what DRTYFN has to say to my comment) and see what is going on.

Have fun, take care, Ed (Easy Ed)

You can never leave.
And FYI it was only one mirror, butthole. :dancingbanana:

Easy Ed 04-26-2014 02:09 AM

Who changed my sig at the bottom of my post, I know the Hummer Messiah :fdance: :fdance: ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRTYFN
You can never leave.
And FYI it was only one mirror, butthole. :dancingbanana:

DRTYFN 04-29-2014 05:26 AM

I'm sure that I don't know what you're talking about. :shhh: