Hummer Forums by Elcova

Hummer Forums by Elcova (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   Technical Discussion and Customizing your H3 (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Got Warrior Products Shackles On... Nice! (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33408)

wpage 03-25-2008 12:12 AM

Got Warrior Products Shackles On... Nice!

After some good info from Sewie and other research decided on www.warriorproducts.com for stock lift. Chose the WP150 product. They sell these for Jeeps but like Sewie and others have pointed out they have a superior product that priced right. This shackle measures up as follows. I wanted a stock lift for the back of my H3...

Stock Shackle Warrior Products Difference
overall length 6" 6 3/4 " +3/4"
center hole to
center hole 3.5" 5" +1.5"

Lift in back when done ON MY RIG W/35" TIRES
36 3/4 to 37 " 371/2 to 37 3/4" +1/2 to 3/4"

Im going to attach some pictures behind this...

wpage 03-25-2008 12:16 AM

Re: Got Warrior Products Shackles On... Nice!

1 Attachment(s)
Heres a comparison of shackles

wpage 03-25-2008 12:18 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Used 2 jacks to do it...

wpage 03-25-2008 12:20 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Wound up using small jack to help spring extend. Rather than move differential...

wpage 03-25-2008 12:22 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Stock Shock showing + measurement exposure other elements are happy...

wpage 03-25-2008 12:25 AM

1 Attachment(s)
New & better profile...

Thats all Folks!!

wpage 03-25-2008 12:36 AM

Just a final note. There are other ways to install the shackles that are probably safer than what I showed here.
I will say that the quality of the warrior product was great. All the hardware was included and directions. The bolts fit well and the nuts were the locking type so they wont shake off. I recomend them highly.

WWW.WarriorProducts.com

Thanks for all the other usefull posts from other on shackles that were a big help when questions arose! Sewie and HumBebe to name a few...:grouphug:

tomp 03-25-2008 03:13 AM

I am finding your numbers above hard to understand. So how much did it raise the rear total?

wpage 03-25-2008 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomp
I am finding your numbers above hard to understand. So how much did it raise the rear total?

Settled in Little better than 1/2" after a few.

Jason @ Warrior 03-26-2008 04:51 PM

Woody,

Thank you for your kind words and very helpful information.

We've decided to go ahead and add part numbers to our product line specifically for the H3. We have two shackles available, in two finishes, totaling 4 part numbers. Note that these part #'s rate these heights, but they may vary slightly, just because of the uncontrollable factors like spring wear.

1. Part #154 - Hummer H3 0.5" Lift Shackle - Powder Coated Hammertone Grey
2. Part #354 - Hummer H3 0.5" Lift Shackle - Gold Zinc Plated
3. Part #128 - Hummer H3 1.25" Lift Shackle - Powder Coated Hammertone Grey
4. Part #328 - Hummer H3 1.25" Lift Shackle - Gold Zinc Plated

If you could, can you send me in email some larger versions of the pictures you posted? We'd like to get a press release out and get some of our dealers to start listing these parts so they're more accessible to you guys.

Two more questions: What models years has the H3 run so far, so that I can get that information out too? Also, what rear axle is in this SUV?

wpage 03-27-2008 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jason @ Warrior
Woody,

We've decided to go ahead and add part numbers to our product line specifically for the H3. We have two shackles available, in two finishes, totaling 4 part numbers. Note that these part #'s rate these heights, but they may vary slightly, just because of the uncontrollable factors like spring wear.

Jason,
Your welcome.
Glad to hear that warrior products is taking the initiative to offer products to the Hummer H3 community.
We H3 owners find it frustrating at times looking at all the aftermarket products out there. Then wondering if they adapt to our needs

If you could, can you send me in email some larger versions of the pictures you posted? We'd like to get a press release out and get some of our dealers to start listing these parts so they're more accessible to you guys.

Two more questions: What models years has the H3 run so far, so that I can get that information out too? Also, what rear axle is in this SUV?

Sending you a PM

J

If you could there are some other items/products that we would like to see offerd. Maybe your design folks could develop a rack that sits over the spare tire in the back!

Thanks for looking

evldave 03-27-2008 06:42 PM

Quote:

Woody,

Hey I see you guys are in Tualitin. I live in Vancouver and have an '06, and would be happy to use my H3 as a test mule if you plan on fabbing anything up. Other than a dent in the p/s front door, a trashed rear plastic piece, cracked windshield and tons of trail rash, it would make a great truck for advertising pictures when you fab me up some rock rails, UCP, and a rear tire rack ;)

Jason @ Warrior 03-27-2008 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evldave
Hey I see you guys are in Tualitin. I live in Vancouver and have an '06, and would be happy to use my H3 as a test mule if you plan on fabbing anything up. Other than a dent in the p/s front door, a trashed rear plastic piece, cracked windshield and tons of trail rash, it would make a great truck for advertising pictures when you fab me up some rock rails, UCP, and a rear tire rack ;)

Email me your contact information, there may be some stuff we can work together on for those kinds of projects.

We stay mainly Jeep, but the boss may consider some truck stuff too.

jason at warriorproducts dot com

6pack 03-27-2008 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wpage
Wound up using small jack to help spring extend. Rather than move differential...

Damn, wish I would have thought of that. I just muscled it down with a breaker bar. Your way looks easier. :cool:

wpage 03-29-2008 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 6pack
Damn, wish I would have thought of that. I just muscled it down with a breaker bar. Your way looks easier. :cool:

Started trying the same way with a bar. The bottle jack fit in nicely and with just a little hand work easily moved out the leaf spring and held it in place. Without knuckle busting. Especially on the driver side where the exhaust pipe left little room for slack...

Goonsqd 03-30-2008 01:50 AM

Quote:

Email me your contact information, there may be some stuff we can work together on for those kinds of projects.

We stay mainly Jeep, but the boss may consider some truck stuff too.

jason at warriorproducts dot com

Hey!!! I'm in Vancouver too....:clapping:

Mine doesn't have all the damage evl's does. Sorry! LOL....oh and it's an 07'

Sewie 04-01-2008 01:13 AM

Quote:

We've decided to go ahead and add part numbers to our product line specifically for the H3.

Jason,

Great news. I put your shackles on a couple months ago and I just received a set of your shock conversion mounts. Hopefully you guys will come up with some new stuff for us, or at least cross-reference some of your existing products that will fit.

H3slate 04-01-2008 04:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sewie
Jason,

Great news. I put your shackles on a couple months ago and I just received a set of your shock conversion mounts. Hopefully you guys will come up with some new stuff for us, or at least cross-reference some of your existing products that will fit.

I emailed Jason about being a test H3 for them, and he said it would be a ways out before they could consider making H3 accessories. Hopefully sooner than later.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sewie
I just received a set of your shock conversion mounts.

Did you get different rear shock mounts? Did the rocky road ones not work out?

Sewie 04-01-2008 07:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by H3slate
Did you get different rear shock mounts? Did the rocky road ones not work out?

I actually swapped out to the JKS ones (they arrived before the Warrior ones). They require a little filing of the mounting holes to fit though. The RR ones are okay and will work fine, but I wanted to get some of the up travel back.

Jason @ Warrior 04-01-2008 04:04 PM

You guys might also look into whether or not any of our HD cross pins work. They're a great upgrade for the bar pin end of your shock...the usual pressed tube versions rust out and break if you're in a part of the country that is rust prone.

Here are a couple links to the cross pins. RJR is a good online dealer for us. I'll shoot them an email today and tell them to make the new shackle part #'s available online.

http://www.rjroffroad.com/warrior-sh...-pr-16827.html

http://www.rjroffroad.com/warrior-sh...-pr-16828.html