Hummer Forums by Elcova

Hummer Forums by Elcova (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   General H1 Discussion (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   2000 H1 Question (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30633)

audiofetish 10-31-2007 03:10 PM

2000 H1 Question

Hey guys I am sneaking over from the H2 forums. I am looking to bite the bullet and purchasing a 2000 H1. Any thoughts on this year? I know this is close to the years with motor issues. It looks immaculate. The only issue that the dealership says it has is that the coolant light comes on intermittently. They have assured me that no coolant is in the oil but that still makes me a little bit nervous. Any advice would be great. Thanks....

ssgharkness020147 10-31-2007 04:44 PM

Re: 2000 H1 Question

2000 is a good year. TT4 does not have the best off road prowess if thats what your after, but that can be cured with a set of lockers. As far as the coolant goes, make the pressure test the system in front of you. Dont give them a heads up about it, just wander in there and tell them you want to see the system pressure tested, in front of you. If you give them a heads up they could do a quick fix to disguise a larger problem.

A couple of things it could be: Heater control valve, a very common problem. If they cant figure that one out, I would probably steer clear of that dealer just due to the simplicity of the problem.

Thermostats can cause leaks too, along with the housing. My truck is doing that a bit right now.

Hoses.

Heater core. This would be bad.

And finally it could be a cracked radiator mount, I've heard of a number of trucks having this problem over the years.

Out of curiosity, why does the dealer not fix this? Personally, I would be weary of any dealer that does not put a truck in to tip top mechanical condition before sale. Just my 0.02

Alan06SUT 10-31-2007 04:54 PM

Cool. Hopefully you figure out the issue and get it!:perfect10s:

audiofetish 10-31-2007 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan06SUT
Cool. Hopefully you figure out the issue and get it!:perfect10s:

I should have got it yesterday. It sold.... Well back to looking.:twak:

Alan06SUT 10-31-2007 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by audiofetish
I should have got it yesterday. It sold.... Well back to looking.:twak:

Sucks. There will be another one.

audiofetish 11-01-2007 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ssgharkness020147
2000 is a good year. TT4 does not have the best off road prowess if thats what your after, but that can be cured with a set of lockers. As far as the coolant goes, make the pressure test the system in front of you. Dont give them a heads up about it, just wander in there and tell them you want to see the system pressure tested, in front of you. If you give them a heads up they could do a quick fix to disguise a larger problem.

A couple of things it could be: Heater control valve, a very common problem. If they cant figure that one out, I would probably steer clear of that dealer just due to the simplicity of the problem.

Thermostats can cause leaks too, along with the housing. My truck is doing that a bit right now.

Hoses.

Heater core. This would be bad.

And finally it could be a cracked radiator mount, I've heard of a number of trucks having this problem over the years.

Out of curiosity, why does the dealer not fix this? Personally, I would be weary of any dealer that does not put a truck in to tip top mechanical condition before sale. Just my 0.02

ssgharkness,

Thanks for the response! That was some great info. I was wondering the same thing about the dealer not fixing the coolant leak. That was the only reason I was hesitating on the purchase. Well everything happens for a reason. I am going to keep my eye out for another one. Thanks again for your time!