Hummer Forums by Elcova

Hummer Forums by Elcova (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   H2 Classifieds (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   SMA Billet Door Buckets Powdercoated Gloss Black (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42503)

Humdingah 04-16-2012 12:36 AM

SMA Billet Door Buckets Powdercoated Gloss Black

I have a set of four (4) SMA billet door buckets that have the 'H2' engraved on them and these have been freshly powdercoated 'Bengal Black', which is a gloss black. This set was made for 2006+ as they don't have the hole for the door lock on the front passenger side so I had to find another set with the hole since I am using on an '05.

Powdercoat does have some 'orange peel' in it since it's never as smooth as paint and they were done by CW Elaborations in Denver, CO who used to do the racks for Gobi (they don't anymore as they wouldn't drop prices for Gobi so they no longer work together).

$200 shipped for the set of four.

LoJac963 04-16-2012 01:04 AM

Re: SMA Billet Door Buckets Powdercoated Gloss Black

hmm I've been looking to pick up a set and have them powdercoated but I don't know if I can do the gloss black-might be too shiny. I had my U-steps PC'ed in satin and even that is pretty shiny.

If you don't get any hits on them I might take them off your hands.

Humdingah 04-16-2012 01:23 AM

LoJac,

No offense taken as I'm sure the gloss isn't for everyone...my truck is black so I figured I'd try to get the buckets close to the paint color, hence the black. I had my hood handles, vents and latches done in gloss too in order to get away from the 'plastic look'.

LoJac963 04-16-2012 05:37 PM

ahh got ya, makes sense now that you mention that. Were you using the stock handles with those buckets or did you have different handles?

Humdingah 04-16-2012 07:26 PM

These were never mounted but I used SMA handles with the other buckets but the stock handles will work too.

Humdingah 04-20-2012 05:46 PM

Price drop...$150 shipped.

Humdingah 04-22-2012 07:07 PM

Let's try $125.00 shipped...

Humdingah 04-24-2012 04:18 PM

Final price...$100 which covers my cost on the buckets.

guruerror 04-24-2012 06:44 PM

PM sent.

LoJac963 04-24-2012 07:58 PM

Sending PM

Humdingah 04-24-2012 11:31 PM

PMs replied to...

zach. 04-24-2012 11:34 PM

If neither one of them take them, I will take them

guruerror 04-24-2012 11:39 PM

Payment sent.

LoJac963 04-24-2012 11:48 PM

damnit, should have listened to the Wife who said to buy them for the $125 yesterday...now they're stolen out from under me.......:twak:

guruerror 04-25-2012 12:18 AM

Sorry buddy! I wasn't even tracking these...I just happened to check in on some recent threads and thought, "can't pass that deal up!"

LoJac963 04-25-2012 12:26 AM

oh well, guess I'll be paying the $300 for chrome billet ones off fleabay then have them PC'ed black.......you got a good deal though

guruerror 05-02-2012 04:26 PM

Humdingah: The buckets just showed up...very nice...especially for the price. Thanks!

This might get added into my weekend project list. I guess this will be a 'truck and trailer' weekend instead of a 'trim and paint the spare room' weekend. LOL!

Thanks again!

EDIT: They're so shiny...I'm either going to have to wash the truck after the install or find some mud to romp in so everything matches. :)

pwrhse2k 05-02-2012 07:20 PM

Good score Brent! What projects do you have going on with the truck? I may have time to come give you a hand if not too labor intensive. You know I'm still on the mend. lol

guruerror 05-02-2012 07:34 PM

It's mostly small stuff. I've got to finish wiring in the PA system, put these door buckets in, and bolt down some new E-tracks in my trailer.

While I've got the door panels off I think I'm going to 'de-squeak' 'em and give'm a couple coats of bedliner...I'm also toying with removing the pockets from the rear doors. They're good for nothing IMO...just an accident waiting to happen. I'll prolly focus on the back panels this weekend to get a feel for how I'm going to proceed. That way if it extends past the weekend there's no worries...

I appreciate the offer...but I'll more than likely be up in western MD doing this work. My folks have a bigger garage so there's more room to spread everything out to work on. Speaking of big garages...LOL! If you'd get rid of all them damn toys you could rent yours out as a duplex!

Humdingah 05-02-2012 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by guruerror
Humdingah: The buckets just showed up...very nice...especially for the price. Thanks!

Thanks again!

EDIT: They're so shiny...I'm either going to have to wash the truck after the install or find some mud to romp in so everything matches. :)

Glad you liked them and was just happy to see them get out of my garage...I just sent you a doc that I copied off here a few years ago that someone put together on swapping the door buckets out. It might help you some.

Thanks again,

Dan