Hummer Forums by Elcova

Hummer Forums by Elcova (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   General H3 Discussion (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Rocker Panel Rock Rails (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19558)

ChasH3 08-16-2006 07:29 PM

Rocker Panel Rock Rails

Went to the dealer for an Oil Change and walked out with a oil change and rock rails for $415.00.... Someone bought an H3 with the rock rails and didn't want them... Hummm maybe next oil change I'll get the UPC underbody protection....:D :D :D

usetosellhummer 08-16-2006 07:41 PM

Re: Rocker Panel Rock Rails

lucky bish

HummerNewbie 08-16-2006 07:44 PM

Way to go! :cool:

raptorman53 08-16-2006 08:27 PM

What lame a$$ didn't want rock rails:eek:

DarthKarl 08-16-2006 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raptorman53
What lame a$$ didn't want rock rails:eek:

maybe it was that dude who was posting about lowering his H3 :rolleyes:

HummerHippy 08-17-2006 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarthKarl
maybe it was that dude who was posting about lowering his H3 :rolleyes:

Ha!!! :)

Mine came with side steps. Taking them off today. Not ready to pull the trigger on rock rails yet. Seems a little expensive. What are they? Like $650+?

deserth3 08-17-2006 04:46 PM

I'm trying to wait for AMstar. They show nerf bar, rock rail all in one setup.

usetosellhummer 08-17-2006 05:31 PM

got manik rails for 200

HummerNewbie 08-17-2006 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HummerHippy
Ha!!! :)

Mine came with side steps. Taking them off today. Not ready to pull the trigger on rock rails yet. Seems a little expensive. What are they? Like $650+?

$400 plus shipping is a decent price, can find them cheaper though.

Careful taking the steps off, just noticed yesterday I still have a scar on my hand from taking mine off 6 months ago. They put mine on so tight when I was finally able to break the bolt loose I bashed my hand on the bracket :mad:

yzergod 08-17-2006 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChasH3
Went to the dealer for an Oil Change and walked out with a oil change and rock rails for $415.00....

HIHUMMER 08-17-2006 06:21 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by usetosellhummer
got manik rails for 200

If you are gonna wheel...Manik's suck. I thought they were great for a while there until I hit them in just the wrong spot, then crrruuuunnncccchhh! BABHUMV's did the same. Like BAB, I contacted Manik and they confirmed that their rock rails are for display use only. They were "suppose" to come out w/ true off roading rock rails but I have yet to seet them. Anyone?

I'd be interested in AMstar's set up...otherwise, I might be having some fabricated.

HummerHippy 08-17-2006 06:23 PM

Real nice! :confused:
Here's some rocker protection for ya. Oh, but it's for display only. It's not meant to protect anything.

HummerNewbie 08-17-2006 06:45 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by HIHUMMER
If you are gonna wheel...Manik's suck. I thought they were great for a while there until I hit them in just the wrong spot, then crrruuuunnncccchhh!

And you didn't even "hit" them. It was more of a just slide over the rock on them, not come down hard on them.

HIHUMMER 08-17-2006 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HummerNewbie
And you didn't even "hit" them. It was more of a just slide over the rock on them, not come down hard on them.

Tis true. :mad:
BTW: What made it even worse was when the rail crushed in, it somehow threw the alignment of my passenger side front door off. Kinda like it was sticking when you tried to open it. We had to take the rail completely off to get the door right again.
STAY AWAY FROM MANIK (rock rails).

usetosellhummer 08-17-2006 07:09 PM

point taken, they sould be more clear about that on the representation.
Wish me luck

HummerNewbie 08-17-2006 07:13 PM

They did hold up in Tellico last time but I guess two trips there was just too much for them :mad:

ChasH3 08-17-2006 07:34 PM

I looked all over the web for rock rails and it was either buy them from the dealer or from Manik.. I was just lucky and for the price I couldn't resist... But I am selling my side steps, since I need to buy the ones that fit onto the rock rails.. So anyone in So cal looking for side steps let me know... $350 and they are yours.... PM me if interested... Also, the parts gentleman at the dealership said he has take off's evey once in a while... So call, you never know... Weseloh Hummer San Juan Capistrano, Ca....

fourfourto 08-17-2006 11:56 PM

Hi
Do you drive your GTO as hard as you do the H3 ? :eek: :D :rolleyes: :cool:

HIHUMMER 08-18-2006 01:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fourfourto
Hi
Do you drive your GTO as hard as you do the H3 ? :eek: :D :rolleyes:

Hahaaa! You better believe it!:cool: :D

Sewie 08-18-2006 07:11 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Here's a couple shots of Babhumv's prototype rails from Rocky Road Outfitters. We didn't test them too hard this week but they feel pretty solid and I like how they stick out farther than the OEM ones. Only a couple design issues that I personally would like to see fixed before they hit market.

Attachment 27910

Attachment 27911