Hummer Forums by Elcova

Hummer Forums by Elcova (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   Other Off-Roading Vehicles (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Greetings from FJCruiserForums.com (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21051)

JLam 10-04-2006 10:04 PM

Greetings from FJCruiserForums.com

Hi folks,
My name is John and I'm a moderator at FJCruiserForums.com.

In the past there's been a bit of animosity and general silliness between members of our respective forums. People from our forum have come over here and acted like asses, and we had some people from this forum come to ours to bash the FJ, etc. In my opinion, that kind of stuff is just silly and really is counterproductive. I'm here to sorta bury the hatchet.

I think all of us take a lot of pride in our vehicles, and sometimes we get a bit out of control defending ourselves. I'm guilty of it myself as well. The fact is that both the Hummers and the FJ are perfectly capable vehicles both on and off-road. Each vehicle has distinct advantages and disadvantages. For example, we can't get leather in the FJ, which would be awesome...and the H3 is by many reports, somewhat underpowered compared to the FJ, but really that doesn't make any difference. Like I said, each vehicle has advantages and disadvantages. There's no reason for any of us on either side to be hating the other...especially knowing that if any of us from either forum saw a competing vehicle stuck on the trail, I have no doubt that each and every single one of us would stop to help.

So I'd like to offer an olive branch of sorts to all the members here, and invite you to, if you'd like to, stop by our forum and say hi. Tell them I sent you, and I promise that if you're nice, I'll make sure our members stay nice as well.

Happy wheelin'
John, FJCruiserForums.com moderator.

Cal 10-04-2006 10:12 PM

Re: Greetings from FJCruiserForums.com

Classy post, your right people need to stop bashing other peoples choice of vehicle. Just because you dont like it doesnt mean you have to bash it, that goes for Hummer, FJ, Jeep, and any other 4x4 owners. I would gladly wheel with anyone no matter what vehicle they had. Thanks John :beerchug:

RubHer Yellow Ducky 10-04-2006 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cal
Classy post, your right people need to stop bashing other peoples choice of vehicle. Just because you dont like it doesnt mean you have to bash it, that goes for Hummer, FJ, Jeep, and any other 4x4 owners. I would gladly wheel with anyone no matter what vehicle they had. Thanks John :beerchug:

AND WE ALL SAY : AMEN !

RYD :beerchug:

The Green Lantern 10-04-2006 10:19 PM

We should post this also on the other section, because H3 owners are not the only one bashing the FJ.

I appreciate you coming on this forum, welcome. :clapping:

NEOCON1 10-04-2006 10:23 PM

glad to see you guys love your trucks as much as we love ours :jump:

Wisha Haddan H3 10-04-2006 10:34 PM

I appreciate what you're saying. There's room for us all on the trail :beerchug:

Lex_Ordo 10-04-2006 10:38 PM

Thanks for the kind and encouraging words. I hope the folks who like to dwell on the negative from both sides can and will be more tolerant of other folks vehicles.

I know that I don't care what others feel toward the Hummer line of vehicles. It is what I wanted and bought. With both its Pros and Cons. If everyone liked the same things, life would be boring.

RubHer Yellow Ducky 10-04-2006 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JLam
Hi folks,
My name is John and I'm a moderator at FJCruiserForums.com.

In the past there's been a bit of animosity and general silliness between members of our respective forums. People from our forum have come over here and acted like asses, and we had some people from this forum come to ours to bash the FJ, etc. In my opinion, that kind of stuff is just silly and really is counterproductive. I'm here to sorta bury the hatchet.

I think all of us take a lot of pride in our vehicles, and sometimes we get a bit out of control defending ourselves. I'm guilty of it myself as well. The fact is that both the Hummers and the FJ are perfectly capable vehicles both on and off-road. Each vehicle has distinct advantages and disadvantages. For example, we can't get leather in the FJ, which would be awesome...and the H3 is by many reports, somewhat underpowered compared to the FJ, but really that doesn't make any difference. Like I said, each vehicle has advantages and disadvantages. There's no reason for any of us on either side to be hating the other...especially knowing that if any of us from either forum saw a competing vehicle stuck on the trail, I have no doubt that each and every single one of us would stop to help.

So I'd like to offer an olive branch of sorts to all the members here, and invite you to, if you'd like to, stop by our forum and say hi. Tell them I sent you, and I promise that if you're nice, I'll make sure our members stay nice as well.

Happy wheelin'
John, FJCruiserForums.com moderator.

John, I registered at your forum and tried to thank you but your forum is set up differently then ours. It keeps telling me I must post 4 times before I can post...

Maybe you can help...

RYD

MALADJUSTED 10-04-2006 10:48 PM

Gotta love the Andy Warhol avatar.....welcome!

JLam 10-04-2006 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RubHer Yellow Ducky
John, I registered at your forum and tried to thank you but your forum is set up differently then ours. It keeps telling me I must post 4 times before I can post...

Maybe you can help...

RYD

RYD, I don't know what the problem is. I checked your registration, and you should be OK to post.

Can you copy and paste the exact text of the error message you're getting? That would go a long way to helping figure out what's wrong.

HummBebe 10-04-2006 11:05 PM

Welcome.

I do have to comment...a couple of friends and I, were out on the Deer Valley Trail on Labor Day. We ran into a group of Sponsored FJ's.

We waved, they didn't reciprocate. One gentleman in a Yellow FJ, said to me as I was waving him by, "I never thought you could wheel one of those things".

He said the exact same thing to my friend as he drove by him further down the trail.

Now I'm sure you know who they were, because the little Toyota trailers were parked at the trailhead.

We also ran into a group of sponsored FJ's on the Twin Cone trail in Colorado. They were so rude, they blocked the trail for 20 minutes while they ate their lunch. Even after we had asked them to pull off and let us pass. They told us, "well you are just going to have to wait, we are taking photos for a magazine".

I don't care what people drive, I also belong to a Toyota group.

The instances I describe here are from your Trail Team. Rude...just rude. Not the example your group should be striving for.

I'd like to wheel with the FJ's, I think it would be fun, but the example set for me in real life....not the internet, has not been very appealing thus far.

wpage 10-04-2006 11:05 PM

He is too nice to be on this site!!:grouphug:

NEOCON1 10-04-2006 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wpage
He is too nice to be on this site!!:grouphug:

X2 we gotta toughen up these cruisers ;)

BlueTJCO 10-04-2006 11:39 PM

YOU ALL HAVE A BUNCH OF PUSSY ASS WANNA BE SMALL PENIS HAVEN SUV's...........:fdance:

NEOCON1 10-04-2006 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mooncricket
YOU ALL HAVE A BUNCH OF PUSSY ASS WANNA BE SMALL PENIS HAVEN SUV's...........:fdance:

but we love em :clapping:

slummer's rule :p

HummBebe 10-04-2006 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mooncricket

Ignore him JLam, he's one of our resident Jeep trolls.....we like him:D

And we've all seen pics of his butt :giggling:

RubHer Yellow Ducky 10-05-2006 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JLam
RYD, I don't know what the problem is. I checked your registration, and you should be OK to post.

Can you copy and paste the exact text of the error message you're getting? That would go a long way to helping figure out what's wrong.

The following errors occurred when this message was submitted:
  1. You are only allowed to post URLs to other sites after you have made 4 posts or more. Posts in the OffTopic section do not count.

thats what it says

RYD

JLam 10-05-2006 12:15 AM

Quote:

1. You are only allowed to post URLs to other sites after you have made 4 posts or more. Posts in the OffTopic section do not count.

thats what it says

RYD

I see. You're trying to post a URL. You need 4 posts to do that. You can post a regular post, but it just can't include a URL. We've had some major problems with spam bots lately, so we've had to implement that rule.

Go ahead and post a regular message, then send me a PM with a link to your message and the URL you'd like to post, and I'll make sure it gets in the message.

JLam 10-05-2006 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HummBebe
Welcome.

I do have to comment...a couple of friends and I, were out on the Deer Valley Trail on Labor Day. We ran into a group of Sponsored FJ's.

We waved, they didn't reciprocate. One gentleman in a Yellow FJ, said to me as I was waving him by, "I never thought you could wheel one of those things".

He said the exact same thing to my friend as he drove by him further down the trail.

Now I'm sure you know who they were, because the little Toyota trailers were parked at the trailhead.

We also ran into a group of sponsored FJ's on the Twin Cone trail in Colorado. They were so rude, they blocked the trail for 20 minutes while they ate their lunch. Even after we had asked them to pull off and let us pass. They told us, "well you are just going to have to wait, we are taking photos for a magazine".

I don't care what people drive, I also belong to a Toyota group.

The instances I describe here are from your Trail Team. Rude...just rude. Not the example your group should be striving for.

I'd like to wheel with the FJ's, I think it would be fun, but the example set for me in real life....not the internet, has not been very appealing thus far.

Sounds like you ran into a bunch of dicks. Not sure if they were official reps of the trail team, but they may have been.

FYI, we are not officially afilliated with the Trail Teams. Some of the Team members post on our site, but we are a privately run message board, not affiliated with Toyota at all.

I certainly won't claim that there are no dickheads out there driving FJ's. I'm sorry you had a bad experience with some FJ drivers...I can assure you they're not representative of the majority of our members.

KenP 10-05-2006 12:20 AM

Quote:

thats what it says

RYD

Just make four stupid , FJ bashing posts, then post your link.:giggling: