Hummer Forums by Elcova

Hummer Forums by Elcova (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   General H2 Discussion (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Best way to disable H2???? (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30102)

mowdoc 10-01-2007 05:05 PM

Best way to disable H2????

I'm taking the wife on a cruise ship next week. I must park my H2 at the pier in San Diego and Mexico is only 10 minutes away!!!!! YIKES!!!

What is the best way (without tools) to disable an H2 so it can't be driven away!!

Pull the fuel relay?? Something else??

Thanks for your help

mowdoc :confused:

pdsq99f4 10-01-2007 05:30 PM

Re: Best way to disable H2????

Sounds like an easy way to do it. Just pull the fuel pump relay or fuse.

Ed G. 10-01-2007 09:30 PM

Get a rental. If you just disable it they'll just steal it one part at a time.

Desert Dan 10-01-2007 09:57 PM

Take a cab or get a ride to the dock?

dkhummerh2 10-01-2007 09:59 PM

I would do the fuel pump relay and the ignition fuse.
dk

KingVinnie 10-01-2007 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dkhummerh2
dk

That or take a cab ;)

tower 10-01-2007 10:31 PM

Take a cab, but here's an $8 insurance policy:

Link

mowdoc 10-01-2007 10:39 PM

Thanks for the input people.

I must take the Hummer for a few reasons:
The wife doesn't pack - she moves, and the Vette won't haul all that stuff.:shhh:
The Jeep is just not that much fun on long hiway runs.:crying:
The dock is 340 miles away and a cab would cost more than the Hummer!!:clapping:
I can drive there faster than flying with all the security and lines and transfers. (tried it once - just once):crying:

So I'll drive the Hummer and pull a few fuses and relays out and hope it is still there when we get back!

TXSUT 10-01-2007 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mowdoc
The wife doesn't pack - she moves

Never heard it put that way, but that's funny as hell! :clapping:

pugads650 10-02-2007 05:52 AM

DO NOT LEAVE IT ON THE STREET THEY WILL JACK YOU :crying:.

once near to the border there are secure pay parking lots i got to use one last week when i went to tj to check out the sights :giggling:. these pay lots are very secure the day that i went i took my brothers 94k mercedes s550 and i had zero trouble with any body messing with it i also got to park next to a h2 kept the benz shadded :lol:.

DRTYFN 10-02-2007 05:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dkhummerh2
dk

Or take off the starter and put it in the back.:jump:

3Hummer 10-02-2007 01:09 PM

just park next to a car thats more expensive than the H2

H2bill 10-02-2007 07:06 PM

You seriously do not want to leave it there. Have you looked into leaving it at a hotel with a secure lot? I have done this many times in the past. Stay at the hotel the night before your flight and ask them if you can keep it there during your trip. Many have okay'd if for no charge, others have a fee (usually equal to or less than extended pay parking). Either way, you'll have a much better chance of finding your ride there on your return.

I have friend with SDPD and car theft is HUGE in SD. They all are driven directly across the border. It wasn't that long ago that the majority of Tiajuana PD police cars were in fact stolen from SoCal.

Cesardajr 10-02-2007 08:46 PM

Mowdoc

there are a lot of secure parking lots by the San Diego airport, they charge $8-10 per day (24hrs) they are secured 24 hrs a day with security personal and shuttle drivers going thru the lots every few minutes, your could get a cab from there to the ship terminals that are 10 mins away or take the free shuttle to the airport and then catch a cab from there to the ship terminals again 10 mins away. If you loose your parking stub you need to show your id and registration to get the car out. Take your car registration with you.
I leave the h2 when I catch a 1-2 day flight and have never had a problem.
there is also under ground secured parking across the street from the Amtrak station $15 or $20 a day and they are 5 min away from the ship terminal walking, drop off your wife and then park the car and walk back.
Just my 2 cents.

just for a fact car theft is bigger in Las Vegas than in san diego, i drive my h2 in tijuana and i have never had a problem and i live in chula vista and that is only 15 mins to Tijuana and have never had a problem of attempted theft, there are about 7 hummers with in 9 blocks where i live and not one gone yet.;)

DRTYFN 10-02-2007 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cesardajr
Mowdoc
just for a fact car theft is bigger in Las Vegas than in san diego, i drive my h2 in tijuana and i have never had a problem and i live in chula vista and that is only 15 mins to Tijuana and have never had a problem of attempted theft, there are about 7 hummers with in 9 blocks where i live and not one gone yet.;)

Probably costs too many pesos for gas.:jump:

SHYANNE 10-03-2007 03:26 AM

RENT A CAR ISNT IT WORTH THE PEACE OF MIND YOU WILL GET WHLIE BEING GONE ON THE SHP ? IF THEY WANT IT THEY WILL JUST TOW IT. MOST CARS NOW ARE TOWED WHEN THEY STEAL THEM ! RENT A CAR !

dallas007 10-03-2007 04:30 AM

Where do you find this fuse???

DDWH 10-03-2007 05:18 AM

The pier in SD is secure...I have never had an issue there and have taken two cruises from there:D ......also the say hablas ain't rollin to the docks, they are in the hills!!!!;)

mowdoc 10-03-2007 03:59 PM

Thanks again for all the ideas and help. I'm going to look into the motel parking/cab idea.

We have cruised from this port three times before but never parked a "good" vehicle. We park in the huge pay lot across the street from the ship and our vehicle has been OK. Last trip though the parking lot used our credit card info (we paid for parking with it) to charge some things online with so we had to cancel the card and go through all that crap. Since that happened I figure if they will use credit card info why wouldn't they "turn thier heads" while a car theif got my Hummer - you know.

At any rate - the Hummer is insured to it's gills and I'm not going to spoil my vacation worrying about it. I plan to focus on: the wife, all those cocktails and the food!! In that exact order!!! :dancingbanana:

mowdoc ;)

pdsq99f4 10-03-2007 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dallas007
Where do you find this fuse???

In the underhood fuse block