Hummer Forums by Elcova

Hummer Forums by Elcova (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Off Topic (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   wife finally turned pro-gun, and shoots great too (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37456)

Dave92270 05-08-2009 12:07 AM

wife finally turned pro-gun, and shoots great too

..OK, took my wife to our outdoor range today for her first time gun shooting; she did great (first seven rounds went all way high, but second load she placed nicely and only 1 round missed the target - but what's more important, she loved it, and now she even wants her own handgun . She was shooting .38 Special 130 grain ammo from S&W .357 Magnum 4" (she didn't manage well the .357 Magnum 158 grain rounds because couldn't control the recoil). Well, I'm very happy today, but I'll still lock HER future gun in MY safe :) Oh, the target was at about 13 yards (see 2nd pic). We fired some 75 rounds, and had great time. Going out again when my latest ammo order arrives (backordered off course :crying: ), if I had some left on hand, we'd go tomorrow...I think I need to stock up now.

I'm thinking to buy her S&W Model 60, small frame (J), 3" barrel lenght, all stainless steel revolver (.357Magnum/.38 Special +P) ; about 24.5oz/695g, guess the smaller size would be a better match for her, but perhaps at the expense of some accuracy. Any thoughts?

Ed G. 05-08-2009 12:28 AM

Re: wife finally turned pro-gun, and shoots great too

I'd say get a Glock 9mm and use hydra-shock ammo. Way less recoil and more accurate.

Dave92270 05-08-2009 03:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ed G.
I'd say get a Glock 9mm and use hydra-shock ammo. Way less recoil and more accurate.

well I wanted simple handgun for her, that's why S&W revolver...btw I use hydra-shok .357 for occasional practice and I love them. a member from this forum recommended them - they rock.

frenzy1 05-08-2009 08:06 AM

:perfect10s: Congrats !!!! Gotta love babes with guns !!

Dave92270 05-08-2009 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frenzy1
:perfect10s: Congrats !!!! Gotta love babes with guns !!

I agree frenzy; babes with guns are cool; wife's girlfriend going with us next time as well, hot girl actually, and she's not a first time shooter :)

Dave92270 05-09-2009 02:46 AM

bitch now wants quick divorce..jees you never know with women guess shooting was the right trigger

H3slate 05-09-2009 04:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave92270
bitch now wants quick divorce..jees you never know with women guess shooting was the right trigger

:confused: :drama:

KenP 05-09-2009 05:46 PM

Are you kidding?

FWIW, my mom just took up shooting. I never knew she was interested, go figure.

I swung by her place last week and she showed me her new toy, a S&W .40. She's also applied for her carry permit. Mom's gone crazy.:)

Hummer Guy 05-09-2009 06:45 PM

Take her with you off-roading!

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/30650051/

Dave92270 05-09-2009 08:51 PM

things got sorted out, she mellowed down. I guess the ego gained at the range went over the top

Marcmedic 05-11-2009 11:56 PM

My wife came from a family that hated guns. All it took were a couple carjackings/kidnappings of women in the KC area that led to murder to get her to change her mind. She asked me to take her shooting, she liked it so we got her a pistol. She took her CCW class, basic marksmanship class, advanced marksmanship class, and a close quartes combat class. She carries just about everywhere she goes now. Carries around a sub-compact 45 Glock. My friends get pissed because she can out shoot a few of them. I work 24 hours shifts and feel much better knowing she can hold her own at home if something ever happened.

Dave92270 05-12-2009 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcmedic
My wife came from a family that hated guns. All it took were a couple carjackings/kidnappings of women in the KC area that led to murder to get her to change her mind. She asked me to take her shooting, she liked it so we got her a pistol. She took her CCW class, basic marksmanship class, advanced marksmanship class, and a close quartes combat class. She carries just about everywhere she goes now. Carries around a sub-compact 45 Glock. My friends get pissed because she can out shoot a few of them. I work 24 hours shifts and feel much better knowing she can hold her own at home if something ever happened.

yes, these days there is just too much crime. I travel several times a year for a couple of weeks (work), and I would prefer wife to be protected when left alone at home for these longer periods. well we're probably going to check a few handguns later this week together with her girlfriend who wants to get something too. Wife's girlfriend used to have 9mm S&W years ago but doesn't have that gun anymore (she has all the accessories left though such as good holster etc plus ammo). She lives alone - one more good reason to get another one. I'm hoping to take both of them to range again this week...as long as the ammo arrives. If not, we can go offroading instead, it's not too hot weather yet but temps are getting high gradually.