Hummer Forums by Elcova

Hummer Forums by Elcova (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off-Roading (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   tested her out (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33375)

timberwolf 03-23-2008 01:34 AM

tested her out

i hit up the local mudhole on friday, i ended up hydrolockin the motor, but i took it to a buddies shop and he took it and manually pumped the waterout, i got really lucky that it didnt bend a rod, its now back up and running, i just need to add a snorkel before i go back out
it was really dry out there except for a couple spots one spot just ended up being too deep

with this last one is where i hydrolocked. i was following the way the guy b4 me went but i must have been to the right too much because thats were the front tire started going down, as soon as it went that low it just shut off so i had to be pulled backwards to get out, the interior went right up to the limit on the drivers side and a little on the passengers side

Metallic Red 03-23-2008 04:19 AM

Re: tested her out

Man that sucks!!:crying:

Maybe you should install a bilge pump?;)

ssgharkness020147 03-24-2008 01:29 AM

Glad to hear nothing serious happened. You do need a snorkel before doing any real fording. As per usual Travis @ www.rubberduck4x4.com is the man to talk to for all of your H1 parts/accessories.

timberwolf 03-24-2008 04:18 AM

so i was wonderin how do people cover up the duck bill on it so it just takes the water from the snorkel. do yall just take a piece of metal and replace it over the duckbill or what

3Hummer 03-24-2008 05:08 AM

when going through water dont stop. I had my h3 over the hood today also as soon as it went up, down on the pedal a bit to keep the momentum and it went through no problem nothign in the engine.

montecarlo31 03-25-2008 01:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3Hummer
when going through water dont stop. I had my h3 over the hood today also as soon as it went up, down on the pedal a bit to keep the momentum and it went through no problem nothign in the engine.

Bow wave. Yes, about 5 to 10 mph and you can go thru a good bit of water, that is until your diff, trans or transfer case starts taking on water.

Nice H1

3Hummer 03-25-2008 04:49 AM

I've used my share of bow waves to get me through stuff before, but due to the MASSIVE amount of rainfall the night before and that day it was REDICULOUS, i defintly got through on luck that time.

frenzy1 03-25-2008 06:57 PM

Wow !

ssgharkness020147 03-28-2008 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by timberwolf
so i was wonderin how do people cover up the duck bill on it so it just takes the water from the snorkel. do yall just take a piece of metal and replace it over the duckbill or what

What most people do is buy the "Mil-Spec" Duckbill, which does close off the snorkel. This is another item that Mr. Duck should be able to track down for you.