Hummer Forums by Elcova

Hummer Forums by Elcova (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2 (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   OEM Ride Height (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42870)

pdxrealtor 09-02-2012 04:18 AM

OEM Ride Height

Can a couple of you with air ride suspension and no mods measure from LEVEL ground to top center of wheel well trim, using the center of the wheel hub as a guide?

Make sure truck is on and doors are closed so air suspension levels out.

Need both back and front measurements.

My rear is lower than my front by an inch..... in factory form. Which seems opposite since everyone is always raising the front to level things out.

Thanks in advance!

pdxrealtor 09-02-2012 07:52 PM

Re: OEM Ride Height

No one?

devilsfan 09-02-2012 10:41 PM

No one has a stock truck anymore. :)

Easy Ed 09-03-2012 01:16 AM

Removed air ride and got 37's :D

[__--MUD--__] 09-03-2012 03:28 AM

you just need to find someone to program the correct level. You dont need those blocks, they measure 5 3/16" tall.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Document ID# 1618897
2004 HUMMER H2

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Suspension Position Calibration
This procedure noted below should be performed after compressor assembly, air suspension control module, or suspension position sensor replacement. Uneven suspension position can also be corrected by performing this procedure.

Tools Required
CH-47816 Suspension Position Calibration Blocks

Important: Before proceeding with the steps below, ensure:

There are no stored diagnostic trouble codes stored in the ASCM.

The vehicle is on level ground.

There are no occupants in the vehicle.

The tire pressures are at the recommended kPa/psi.

Raise the vehicle on a hoist.

Install the CH-47816 on to the LR and RR jounce bumper mounting cups.
Lower the vehicle off the hoist.
Depressurize the air suspension system in order to allow the full rear weight of the vehicle to rest on the blocks and rear axle. Refer to Air Suspension Depressurization Procedure .
Turn ON the ignition, with the engine OFF.
Install a scan tool.
With the scan tool select Chassis.
Select Air Suspension.
Select Special Functions.
Select Trim Height Calibration and press the Enter key. The scan tool will flash Calibration In Progress, then display Calibration Complete.
Press the Exit key.
Pressurize the air suspension system until the rear weight of the vehicle is lifted of the blocks. Refer to Air Suspension Pressurization Procedure .
Remove the CH-47816 .
Cycle the ignition switch Off then start and run the engine for 2 minutes. Verify the Air Suspension system is functioning properly.

Joe 09-03-2012 06:53 PM

mine measured 41" at both the front and rear as you described. Bottom of wheel to wheel wheel trim.

This said my truck may have its air suspension "stuck" in the heightened mode as it has a nice rack from back to front. Actually looks cool and the service air is one of my to do's one of these days.

Hope it helps but factor in a +- for sure.