Hummer Forums by Elcova

Hummer Forums by Elcova (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   Technical Discussion and Customizing your H3 (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Traction and 4wd failure (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16851)

signals34 05-17-2006 03:59 PM

Traction and 4wd failure

Why does the trac failure and 4wd failure lights continue to keep coming on!!! I'm only asking you guys(and gals) because it seems the dealer can't figure it out,they tried.........

Mark805 05-17-2006 04:01 PM

Re: Traction and 4wd failure

*** I can't wait to see the replies here ***

:cool:

H3 Hummer 05-17-2006 08:07 PM

I have had it happen several times after hard off-roading but it actually went a way about 100 miles after normal driving.

JohPol 05-17-2006 08:21 PM

Had the same problem with mine. Dealer changed the encoder sensor twice, but still there. They found a wire routed above the clutch pedal was bad due to rubbing. No problem since. BTW mine is a manual.

signals34 05-17-2006 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohPol
Had the same problem with mine. Dealer changed the encoder sensor twice, but still there. They found a wire routed above the clutch pedal was bad due to rubbing. No problem since. BTW mine is a manual.

I have to check that...mine is also manual.............

HummerNewbie 05-17-2006 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by H3 Hummer
I have had it happen several times after hard off-roading but it actually went a way about 100 miles after normal driving.

You stole my old avatar :mad: ;)

f5fstop 05-17-2006 09:31 PM

From our research, usually if it is traction and stability loss, along with no lights on the buttons it is the t/case control module. However, if you have those, plus no 4WD, it is the encoder motor. But a bad wire in the right circuit, that can do it too.

NEOCON1 05-17-2006 10:15 PM

i took out my front diff & left rear axle shaft , and i didant get one damn warning light :eek: :D LMAO

ETD 05-17-2006 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NEOCON1
i took out my front diff & left rear axle shaft , and i didant get one damn warning light :eek: :D LMAO

:D :D :D

f5fstop 05-18-2006 12:12 AM

Quote:

No lights required when there are strange noises coming from the vehicle.:D

HummerNewbie 05-18-2006 01:52 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by f5fstop
No lights required when there are strange noises coming from the vehicle.:D

ROFLMAO :D :D

ChasH3 05-18-2006 03:13 PM

I had the 4wd light go off and a message display saying the Stability Track requires service while I was driving on the freeway a couple of weeks ago. But after I exited the freeway and turned the H3 off and back on the problem went away.... :cool:

Scouts Out 05-18-2006 06:57 PM

After my Encoder motor problem (properly diagnosised by F stop first try but not the dealer until the 3rd try) I blame everything on it...

JohPol 05-18-2006 07:29 PM

The wire was above the clutch rod somewhere. Good luck. Mine drove me nuts.

H3 Hummer 05-19-2006 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HummerNewbie
You stole my old avatar :mad: ;)

I couldn't find my old one after I signed back up on this new forum. Not a very good excuse! :rolleyes:

CrisB 05-19-2006 05:24 PM

I've had it happen twice...once after wheelin' through thick brush, pulled a connection near the t-case. The 2nd time (this may be your issue), it was a rubbed wire coming off the left rear brake sensor...up high, just where it goes up between trim & frame.

Cris

H3 Alaska 05-27-2006 03:04 AM

I've got the same thing going on with my black one, and will have it in for repair next week.

I'll report back on what they actually fixed.

NEOCON1 05-28-2006 05:38 AM

ok dudes i had the same thing today . i was on about a mile long shale , loose rock decent . i got the same warnings . i turned off the truck and restarted it , then everything was fine . i wheeled for 6 more hours over some real radical stuff with no more alerts . i did not get the engine light warning . only the service 4wd and traction failed .

H3 Alaska 05-29-2006 06:52 PM

Hey f5,
Check this out for us...

I got a card in the mail saying my part was in, after the 2 voice mails they left:

My special order # is 19151453 - Actuator
Dealer = Alaska Sales & Service (who I am completely happy with and still have slobber on my butt from all their ass kissing for no apparent reason)

Out of the 3 H3's in our immediate family unit....my black one is the only one that has had this problem so far.

Thanks in advance!!