Hummer Forums by Elcova

Hummer Forums by Elcova (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Off Topic (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   New Iphone? (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34743)

BKLYNH2 07-12-2008 01:44 PM

New Iphone?

So did anyone get a new iphone?

I'm enjoying the new software upgrade on the original phone. The ability to delete several messages in email at once is by far the best new function .

I downloaded a few apps off of itunes this morning to try out.

Anyone have any favorites yet?

trashguy 07-13-2008 10:42 PM

Re: New Iphone?

only one person i know actually got one, two of my friends hit every att and apple store in manhattan and si , too long of lines.i drove back from myrtle beach yesterday and every gas stop i did a search for apple and att stores they were all sold out and one apple store in va said they had them but there was more people in line than phones.it was easier last year i had mine by 8pm that friday nite.

3Hummer 07-13-2008 11:41 PM

new one has a plastic back yuck, i prefer my aluminum back....ya downloaded some sweet apps, mokey ball is by far the best...and some just for kicks app like an old school rotary dialer, thers a bunch of cool apps

RubHer Yellow Ducky 07-14-2008 12:42 AM

I GOT MINE ...

Adam in CO 07-14-2008 03:24 PM

The line outside the apple store in Cherry Creek yesterday was AMAZING. Hours long, according to the idiots willing to wait for it.

BlueTJCO 07-14-2008 03:59 PM

still happy with the BB

BKLYNH2 07-14-2008 04:38 PM

They sold 1 mil over the weekend. I'm suprised people have the patience for the long lines. Started with some free apps for the moment to try out.

I want a 32gig min Iphone before I upgrade. Also the plastic back on the new one could also be a big problem for me. The puppy seems to eat/ chew anything he can including the gf's cell phone. Since the iphone 1st gen is glass and metal he's got no interest, but apparently plastic is very tasty to dogs. :giggling:

jdrew 07-15-2008 02:58 PM

I got 2 of them. One for me and and wife.. Sold my 1st gen iPhones on ebay...

The battery life is considerably shorter, but 3g in this area is wonderful. (See screen shot for speed.)

GPS feature is pretty cool too and seems to work very good too..

(This one is from Sunday)

This one is from 2 min ago...

www.testmy.net

ssgharkness020147 07-15-2008 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3Hummer
new one has a plastic back yuck,

As much as I agree with you it was done to enhance reception.

jdrew 07-15-2008 03:28 PM

Just for giggles, here are the 2 other options...

EDGE Network.. (SLOW!!!)

And finally, wifi.

jdrew 07-15-2008 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ssgharkness020147

I have a rubber case protector on mine.. I don't even see the plastic.. (That's one option if you don't like the new design.)

3Hummer 07-15-2008 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ssgharkness020147

really?! i think it was just to bring the cost down !?! i have been to Germany, Austria, Switzerland, New Zealand, and Australia with my iPhone and I yet to have been in a spot with no reception (Besides my chemistry classroom)

ssgharkness020147 07-16-2008 05:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3Hummer
really?! i think it was just to bring the cost down !?! i have been to Germany, Austria, Switzerland, New Zealand, and Australia with my iPhone and I yet to have been in a spot with no reception (Besides my chemistry classroom)

I know in my area AT&T doesn't work for ****. I'd love to have one, but being that it would be my only phone its not gonna cut it.

CO Hummer 07-16-2008 02:16 PM

I'll be getting the 3G version before too long. But I did do the 2.0 upgrade on my old one. I like it but the upgrade delivered WAY too little new functionality for the user.

Agriv8r 07-16-2008 02:33 PM

whats a Iphone.....

CO Hummer 07-16-2008 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Agriv8r
whats a Iphone.....

You need to first focus on getting a touch-tone phone and lose your rotary. Small steps, man.

Agriv8r 07-16-2008 06:55 PM

touch-tone......your making that stuff up....

BKLYNH2 07-16-2008 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Agriv8r
touch-tone......your making that stuff up....

no really....
you could do a search for it on Compuserve :giggling:

brad_p 07-16-2008 07:19 PM

Bag Phone?

Agriv8r 07-16-2008 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BKLYNH2
no really....
you could do a search for it on Compuserve :giggling:

com pu surv....whats that.....bag phone....i have one in my car....great invention, only weighs about 9 lbs and you can make calls without telephone lines.....battery will give you about 20 minutes of talking.... leading edge kind of stuff....