Hummer Forums by Elcova

Hummer Forums by Elcova (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   General H1 Discussion (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   1996 Hummer HMCS (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36531)

hummeraddict 01-22-2009 12:31 AM

1996 Hummer HMCS

How much should a 1996 HMCS with 56,000 miles sell for at a dealer?

JustinOK 01-22-2009 03:30 AM

Re: 1996 Hummer HMCS

A 1996 can either be a gas or diesel (and it could be naturally aspirated or turbo). It could have CTIS or not. It could have signs of abuse or it could have been a street queen, or somewhere inbetween. You're in NH, maybe it was driven on salty roads in the winter. Did the truck spend its whole life in the northeast? Does it have documented maintenance records? How long has it been sitting on the dealer's lot?

Answer these questions and we'll let you know.

Oh, and your question asks how much will it sell for. Well, the dealer can have a high price on it and if some fool is willing to pay it, then there you go. Lots of variables.

No two HUMMERs are alike.

DRTYFN 01-22-2009 06:25 PM

Question should have been, "How much is a '96 with 56K miles worth?"

According to www.KBB.com suggested retail(if it's in excellent condition) is $35,765 That's without adding any extras. You can also figure out how much the vehicle is worth in a private party sale and its trade-in value.
Go to KBB.com and do it yourself.

BACKNBLACK 01-22-2009 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JustinOK
A 1996 can either be a gas or diesel (and it could be naturally aspirated or turbo). It could have CTIS or not. It could have signs of abuse or it could have been a street queen, or somewhere inbetween. You're in NH, maybe it was driven on salty roads in the winter. Did the truck spend its whole life in the northeast? Does it have documented maintenance records? How long has it been sitting on the dealer's lot?

Answer these questions and we'll let you know.

Oh, and your question asks how much will it sell for. Well, the dealer can have a high price on it and if some fool is willing to pay it, then there you go. Lots of variables.

No two HUMMERs are alike.

X2. Example. There is a 2002 Limited Edition Orange H1 (60K Miles) on ebay with a $40,000 Buy it now. The next closest to that cost for the same rig is $58,000

hummeraddict 01-24-2009 09:27 PM

Damn, i went to the dealer today to check out the H1 and the salesman told me that it got wholesaled. some guy traded his 1996 H1 for a 2008 H2. But on the bright side, I got my first glimpse of a 09 H3T. I also got to test drive it. It was an Black Alpha with the chrome appearance package. It was pretty sweet! I would have bought it, but the wife asked me why we need a pickup. I didn't have a snappy comeback. LOL!:jump:

Dave92270 01-25-2009 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hummeraddict
...I would have bought it, but the wife asked me why we need a pickup. I didn't have a snappy comeback. LOL!:jump:

yes, unfortunatelly wives have these nonsense questions... mine's the same -why you need this?...it's too big!... where are you going to park it?..won't fit the garage!...you have nice new truck already...etc etc etc

hummeraddict 01-25-2009 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave92270
yes, unfortunatelly wives have these nonsense questions... mine's the same -why you need this?...it's too big!... where are you going to park it?..won't fit the garage!...you have nice new truck already...etc etc etc

:D :giggling: :clapping: :clapping:
Oh well. What can we do?