Hummer Forums by Elcova

Hummer Forums by Elcova (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   Photos of YOUR H3 (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   picked up my H3 (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14367)

First Hummer 06-04-2005 08:36 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Picked up my H3 last night finally.Here are some pics.

First Hummer 06-04-2005 08:36 PM

Picked up my H3 last night finally.Here are some pics.

RT0870 06-04-2005 10:13 PM

BRAVO!!........congratulations!!

XM DUDE 06-05-2005 12:34 AM

Off road pics please!

skeeter 06-05-2005 01:07 AM

On behalf of Killian, and myself, Welcome to this select club.
The fortunate few with
The ears to hear,
The vision to see,
And the intelligence to comprehend!!!!

No for real, Congrats.

HummerNewbie 06-05-2005 01:44 AM

Congrats and enjoy

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by skeeter:
On behalf of Killian, and myself, Welcome to this select club.
The fortunate few with
The ears to hear,
The vision to see,
And the intelligence to comprehend!!!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Now sleeter, that was just down right cold....and funny at the same time

Mike & Rhonda 06-05-2005 01:44 PM

Does your H3 seem to have enough power ???? Any problems yet ???

First Hummer 06-06-2005 09:18 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mike & Rhonda:
Does your H3 seem to have enough power ???? Any problems yet ??? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That was my concern as well with the 220HP.After driving it around the lot I am happy with the HP.Drove it home on the highway and it was just fine for passing and getting onto the highway.I think people have to drive it for themselves and make up there own mind.My mind is made up and has enough Hp for me.

killian 06-07-2005 02:19 AM

Welcome to the Hummer H3 Club! You made a wise choice. You'll have your rockstar on: When you drive around town, people will point and stare and
you'll draw a small crowd of curious onlookers when you stop for fuel.

H2 owners won't even look in your direction,
it's a wonderful feeling.

XM DUDE 06-07-2005 04:19 AM

H2 owners will say get a real Hummer the H3 is a poser. I like it and I want one when the Alpha package comes out.

HummerNewbie 06-07-2005 10:31 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by XM DUDE:
H2 owners will say get a real Hummer the H3 is a poser. I like it and I want one when the Alpha package comes out. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Those types of H2 owners are not real Hummer owners, they are posers. They don't appreciate the Hummer name or capabilities, just got one to say they have one.

Holliday 06-07-2005 12:53 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by First Hummer:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mike & Rhonda:
Does your H3 seem to have enough power ???? Any problems yet ??? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That was my concern as well with the 220HP.After driving it around the lot I am happy with the HP.Drove it home on the highway and it was just fine for passing and getting onto the highway.I think people have to drive it for themselves and make up there own mind.My mind is made up and has enough Hp for me. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How does the I5 sound in the H3? My biggest complaint about the I5 in the Colorado is the whiney 4-bangerish engine noise on acceleration. Haven't been able to get an H3 test drive yet, so just curious. BTW congrats, H3 looks awesome.

S2KtoH3 06-07-2005 05:11 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by XM DUDE:
H2 owners will say get a real Hummer the H3 is a poser. I like it and I want one when the Alpha package comes out. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Those are called fake Hummer owners. A true H2 enthusiast would know that the H3's off-road capability is just as good as the H2. And according to some magazine articles, the H3 might even be better. A Hummer doesn't have to be the size of a school bus to be good at off-roading. It's whats on the inside that counts

S2KtoH3 06-07-2005 08:23 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sfox:
I would say that is a rather broad comment. Not having seen an H3 off-roading yet, I am neither sure it is "as capable" nor convinced of it's overall capability yet. That being said I have not discounted the fact that it may indeed do very well, but I am not willing to give it the nod just because it has Hummer Badges. When magazine writers talk of "off-road" capability, they are generally referring to ride comfort on dirt roads, not anything approaching true off-roading. I for one, whole-heartedly welcome the addition of the H3 to the Hummer line, but saying "it is just as capable if not more so" without one actually being off-roaded hard by some private owners is asking for trouble (just like H2 owners making disparaging comments about them would be/is uncalled for).

S </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I guess you missed the part when I said ACCORDING TO SOME MAGAZINE ARTICLES... I'm not claiming anything here, just going by what has been repeatedly said.

S2KtoH3 06-08-2005 04:50 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sfox:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by S2KtoH3:
Those are called fake Hummer owners. A true H2 enthusiast would know that the H3's off-road capability is just as good as the H2. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This does in fact sound like a claim and the use of "some magazine writers" is in an attempt to validate your claim. I think you'd be hard pressed to find anyone more enthused about H2's or Hummers (including the H3), but based on my observations so far, I am NOT willing to say one is "just as capable" as an H2. In the same grain, I will admit that there are things an H1 can do that an H2 cannot. It's called being realistic, the H3 is unproven and any claims at this point are just that, claims. It is possible that the H3 will be "as good if not better" but that has yet to be truly proven.

S </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Like I said, I'm not claiming anything. Please don't put words in my mouth no matter what it sounds like. I've already said Im not claiming anything, no need to figure out what it 'sounds like.'

PARAGON 06-08-2005 06:54 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by S2KtoH3:
Those are called fake Hummer owners. A true H2 enthusiast would know that the H3's off-road capability is just as good as the H2. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This does in fact sound like a claim and the use of "some magazine writers" is in an attempt to validate your claim. I think you'd be hard pressed to find anyone more enthused about H2's or Hummers (including the H3), but based on my observations so far, I am NOT willing to say one is "just as capable" as an H2. In the same grain, I will admit that there are things an H1 can do that an H2 cannot. It's called being realistic, the H3 is unproven and any claims at this point are just that, claims. It is possible that the H3 will be "as good if not better" but that has yet to be truly proven.

S </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Like I said, I'm not claiming anything. Please don't put words in my mouth no matter what it sounds like. I've already said Im not claiming anything, no need to figure out what it 'sounds like.' </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Chief, no one is putting words in your mouth. You specifically said "Those are called fake Hummer owners. A true H2 enthusiast would know that the H3's off-road capability is just as good as the H2." You got called to the mat on the statement but it's foolish to pretend that you didn't just type those words.

It's just a fact that no one knows for sure yet if the H3 is as capable or more capable. The H3 buyers have got to get in 'em and see what they can do. Your comment was just as derogatory as if an H2 or H1 owner said that the H3 is not a real Hummer.