Hummer Forums by Elcova

Hummer Forums by Elcova (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   Photos of YOUR H2 (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   LIFTED HUMMERS THREAD!! (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41968)

ROUSHDEMON 10-11-2011 05:26 AM

Re: LIFTED HUMMERS THREAD!!

Chales06, all the difference in the world is the offset of the wheels. H2Much is running Rockstars, those are 20x12 WITH a -44mm offset, that means they stick out outwards more giving those sick 40s some room to roll, plus do the math... think of a fat chick trying to pull a Beyonce move in a skinny jeans... it ain't gonna work and definitely not gonna look good. you need to give a 15.5" wide tire some room to play, 9" is not enough (that's what she said!).:D

What you're running is only 20x9... with a -12mm offset....... Honestly my friend (IN MY OPINION!!!!) you should never run anything less then a -24mm with a 10" wide wheel with equivalent tire thickness to go with it if you want your rig to look ... like this guy >:raar:

Just my $0.02.

ROUSHDEMON 10-11-2011 05:32 AM

Anyways... here is mine...
(I know I've posted these before... I need to get new pics)

charles06 10-11-2011 01:35 PM

That's what I figured. The offset on my KMC Hoss's is pretty good, but I still need spacers to fit a 13.5" tire on the carrier. I didn't think the Rockstars' backspacing was that much more than the Hoss's. I'll have to look it up.

2010_5thgen 10-11-2011 03:22 PM

roushdemon...that thing is sick! love it. ill bet its a PITA to detail that thing though.

ROUSHDEMON 10-11-2011 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by charles06
That's what I figured. The offset on my KMC Hoss's is pretty good, but I still need spacers to fit a 13.5" tire on the carrier. I didn't think the Rockstars' backspacing was that much more than the Hoss's. I'll have to look it up.

They're 2 different size 20" Rockstars... 20x10 with -24mm and 20x12 with -44mm.... which IMO it looks way sicker..

Quote:

roushdemon...that thing is sick! love it. ill bet its a PITA to detail that thing though..

HA!!.... Thank you! well... that's why it doesnt get detailed! lol... Pressure washer here we come!:clapping:

charles06 10-11-2011 06:44 PM

The important part is the backspacing, not the offset. Offset is measured from the outside of the wheel to the hub, so a wider wheel will always have a higher offset. Backspacing is measured from the hub to the inside of the wheel.

In other words, two different wheels can have completely different offsets, but if their backspacing is the same, ideally, they should fit the same...I think.

My eyes just crossed...

2010_5thgen 10-11-2011 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ROUSHDEMON
They're 2 different size 20" Rockstars... 20x10 with -24mm and 20x12 with -44mm.... which IMO it looks way sicker..

HA!!.... Thank you! well... that's why it doesnt get detailed! lol... Pressure washer here we come!:clapping:

i detail cars, so the first thing i notice about a car is how hard or easy it is to clean it. and i must say, the hummer is by far the hardest to clean/detail of any other trucks/suv i have owned. your truck looks great though.

2010_5thgen 10-11-2011 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Indy
Here's mine :dancingbanana:

what did you do to lift your truck? torsion keys and spacers? i think it looks great and its the direction im wanting to take mine in. not too much of a lift but just enough to notice it.

Indy 10-12-2011 01:40 AM

Torsion Keys up front and some custom spacers in the rear along with 37's. I didn't want to go overboard like I did with my Jeeps...keep the Hummer a good street performer and make it a little bit better looking. I'm happy with the size it sits at right now. Looks close enough to stock but more aggressive :excited: Of course there where some other mods I had to do with the rear, like modify the trackbar to center the axle and of course shocks. Indy

OrangeCrush 10-12-2011 03:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ROUSHDEMON
Anyways... here is mine...
(I know I've posted these before... I need to get new pics)

I absolutely love your H2.... wish mine looked that good.

Mark

tyler1bo 10-12-2011 03:05 AM

Just post pics of that diesel and Roush will be saying the same thing! haha

OrangeCrush 10-12-2011 03:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tyler1bo
Just post pics of that diesel and Roush will be saying the same thing! haha

Okay, I meant on the outside....lol.

Mark

tyler1bo 10-12-2011 05:22 AM

Black yours out! Take that chrome off! :)

OrangeCrush 10-12-2011 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tyler1bo
Black yours out! Take that chrome off! :)

Damn, there?s only a few pieces of chrome on there now...

2010_5thgen 10-12-2011 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Indy
Torsion Keys up front and some custom spacers in the rear along with 37's. I didn't want to go overboard like I did with my Jeeps...keep the Hummer a good street performer and make it a little bit better looking. I'm happy with the size it sits at right now. Looks close enough to stock but more aggressive :excited: Of course there where some other mods I had to do with the rear, like modify the trackbar to center the axle and of course shocks. Indy

did you go with the green keys? how much did you lift the front? i have th green keys, but im waiting till i get my 37's before i do more of a lift. but i was wanting to do about 2-3" up front and then a 2" spacer in the rear with all new shocks all the way around. you have the perfect look with yours.

Indy 10-12-2011 02:00 PM

I don't recall the company who made the torsion keys for mine, but it sits about 2.5"-3" higher...hard to say, since all the torsion bars are adjusted a bit differently from the factory. Just make sure there is still some axle drop present...there is a metal bump stop which will limit its downward movement and you want some gap there. Rear are 3" spacers. Cheers, Indy.

ROUSHDEMON 10-13-2011 02:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OrangeCrush
Damn, there?s only a few pieces of chrome on there now...

I absolutely love your H2.... wish mine looked that good....
But only the INSIDE!!! LOL!!!! I WISH!

tyler1bo 10-13-2011 03:37 AM

hahaha..see?! Told you he'd say that!! We all are in envy!

DeLH2 10-13-2011 10:07 PM

Got to say that ROUSHDEMON's Black Beast looks damn mean!

2010_5thgen 10-14-2011 01:49 AM

nothing to do with lifted hummers......but, i think roushdemon's hummer would feel right at home parked next to my camaro......