Hummer Forums by Elcova

Hummer Forums by Elcova (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   General H3 Discussion (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Hummers Vs Jeep Video (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5305)

DennisAJC 09-28-2005 07:39 PM

Just in case some of you guys missed out the fun with our rival with Jeepers, here's the video linky to some Hummer off-road footage and friendly poking at Jeepers.

Do You Have The Balls To Run These Trails?

HummerNewbie 09-28-2005 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by DennisAJC:
...friendly poking at Jeepers.

As I recall, they didn't take it as friendly poking but I loved the video and the response of those that didn't get it was a joke

KenP 09-28-2005 10:14 PM

Fantastic video, Dennis. A classic for the ages.

DennisAJC 09-29-2005 12:49 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by KenP:
Fantastic video, Dennis. A classic for the ages.

I`m gonna get my 30K if I have to take this to the POS H1 section.

crotch_rocket_pilot 09-29-2005 12:53 AM

Love it...as a former jeep owner I didnt take offense. Cant wait to see what my mini-me hummer H3 can do!

DennisAJC 09-29-2005 12:59 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by crotch_rocket_pilot:
Love it...as a former jeep owner I didnt take offense. Cant wait to see what my mini-me hummer H3 can do!

There`s nothing mini about your H3. In the general public`s eye, it`s still a monster.

SteveRH 09-29-2005 02:28 AM

DennisAJC, That was wicked man!!!
Very good job on that mate!!!
That was some steep shiznit!!

bparker 09-29-2005 08:54 AM

lol nice vid even though I am a former Jeeper myself.

DennisAJC 09-29-2005 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by bparker:
lol nice vid even though I am a former Jeeper myself.

I think most here were former Jeepers. Myself 8 years and still a loyalist in a small private way.

It's gonna be so cool seeing an H3 action video. I hear GMPartsGuy has one in the works.

ChadYJ92 03-07-2006 05:47 AM

I'm sure that this has been brought up before, but you might want to use actual Jeeps. The very first rig was indeed a Jeep, but then you showed a video of a Toyota pick up. The vehicle you showed going down Lion's Back was a Bronco (those were made by Ford).

"YJ, TJ, Liberty. Same frame, same parts. Same result."
Again, you might want to check your facts. The most obvious differences are that Wranglers use a body over frame configuration, and KJs (that's the abbreviation for a Liberty) use a unibody construction. That means the KJ frame and body are one unit. The KJ also has an IFS (Independent Front Suspension) while all Wranglers are SFA (Solid Front Axle). Your H2 also has IFS. Those are the major differences, but there are still plenty of other differences, not only between different models but different trim levels offer different equipment.

Try again?

The footage of the H2s was pretty decent though. I admit that I was impressed. But I'd still rather spend $28k on a Rubicon than $53 on an H2. The Rubicon has dual lockers, a crawl ratio of 66.4:1 an approach angle of 45.1°a breakover angle of 25.8° and departure angle of 34.4° to the H2's single locker, 33.12:1 crawl ratio approach angle of 40.8° breakover angle of 25.8° and departure angle of 39.6°. For $25k more, you get a better departure angle.

CO Hummer 03-07-2006 05:54 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by ChadYJ92:
I'm sure that this has been brought up before, but you might want to use actual Jeeps. The very first rig was indeed a Jeep, but then you showed a video of a Toyota pick up. The vehicle you showed going down Lion's Back was a Bronco (those were made by Ford).

Again, you might want to check your facts. The most obvious differences are that Wranglers use a body over frame configuration, and KJs (that's the abbreviation for a Liberty) use a unibody construction. That means the KJ frame and body are one unit. The KJ also has an IFS (Independent Front Suspension) while all Wranglers are SFA (Solid Front Axle). Your H2 also has IFS. Those are the major differences, but there are still plenty of other differences, not only between different models but different trim levels offer different equipment.

Try again?

Ummmm. Please attend the Sarcasm for Dummies workshop before posting again. Thanks.

HummerNewbie 03-07-2006 11:38 AM

Here we go with the cost again

For the extra $25K you get one hell of a lot more than departure angle. Have fun following an H2 from the east coast to Moab and back in comfort.

Sewie 03-07-2006 06:38 PM

Quote:

blah blah blah

If you're going to compare cost, then don't forget to add in all the mods for your heep.

DWPC 03-07-2006 07:00 PM

Nevermind

dochummer 03-07-2006 09:25 PM

Quote:

spend $28k on a Rubicon than $53 on an H2. The Rubicon has dual lockers, a crawl ratio of 66.4:1 an

dejavu....Please, if you are a noob/troll and would like to post a comment, please visit this thread first....

http://elcova.com/groupee/forums/a/t...1/m/7841012331

Thank you.

PackerFever 03-07-2006 09:50 PM

Love my H3 but my last two trucks were Cherokees and I have taken them down some bad ass stuff all over Utah and the west...I know they can climb and have a very good creeper gear for decent/climb.

That said, I had a great itme in the desert last week and My H3 has impressed me a lot. Funny Video though. CAn't wait to get back,

DRTYFN 03-07-2006 10:08 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Try again?

The footage of the H2s was pretty decent though. I admit that I was impressed. But I'd still rather spend $28k on a Rubicon than $53 on an H2. The Rubicon has dual lockers, a crawl ratio of 66.4:1 an approach angle of 45.1°a breakover angle of 25.8° and departure angle of 34.4° to the H2's single locker, 33.12:1 crawl ratio approach angle of 40.8° breakover angle of 25.8° and departure angle of 39.6°. For $25k more, you get a better departure angle.

Does this count as a Jeep?

HummerNewbie 03-07-2006 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by DRTYFN:
Does this count as a Jeep?

I believe so