Hummer Forums by Elcova

Hummer Forums by Elcova (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2 (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Lighted door sills (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13083)

Skylo5 10-10-2005 09:18 PM

I just purchased the lighted door sills and of course they came with only a wiring diagram (which I dont understand). Any one know/have instructions on installing these things?

Thanks

Skylo5 10-10-2005 09:18 PM

I just purchased the lighted door sills and of course they came with only a wiring diagram (which I dont understand). Any one know/have instructions on installing these things?

Thanks

rodster 10-11-2005 02:46 AM

Skylo5, welcome to the forum.

I don't know squat about lighted sills but since no one else has jumped in here...

I suggest you send a PM to Taz and ask him for guidance. Best I can see from a site search, he's the only one that's indicated he's done the job.

Skylo5 10-11-2005 07:14 PM

Thanks Rodster,

Sounds good. I was able to wire the drl's mod but this is more confusing. I'll pm Taz and see what he has to say. Thanks again!

rodster 10-11-2005 07:52 PM

Taz will likely answer but if he doesn't and you want to scan and post the schematic, I'm sure any one of a number of people can help.

4churchill 10-11-2005 11:13 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Skylo5:
I'll pm Taz and see what he has to say. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Whatever he says, all I can guarantee you is it will be long....very long....

*but Im sure it will be helpful too!!!

Skylo5 10-17-2005 10:02 PM

Well nothing yet but I am going to contact my dealer and see if they give me guidance. Taz tried (and thanks) but his rig is going through some awesome mods and he is on that timeline. I will post when I get new info. Thanks to all so far. We will overcome!

HummBob 10-17-2005 10:13 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Skylo5:
Well nothing yet but I am going to contact my dealer and see if they give me guidance. Taz tried (and thanks) but his rig is going through some awesome mods and he is on that timeline. I will post when I get new info. Thanks to all so far. We will overcome! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks Shilo!

HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ 10-18-2005 11:38 PM

Sorry Skylo that I could not do more at the moment. I helped an Acc. guy do My install and He did most as I told You in PM. My rig is covered and taped off gtting paint and I figured if nothing else I would just pull the cover and kick panels and write down as I could not remember enough of the install not being the main person doing it. Stay in touch with Me because We are going to pull the plates and put them under a polisher to shine them more and I will make a drawing then incase You have not gotten an answer.
Sorry

TAZ

rodster 10-19-2005 01:08 AM

Skylo -- How many wires does each unit have coming of it?

Skylo5 10-19-2005 02:06 PM

Thanks again Taz. I know you are busy so any help is appreciated. Well my dealer was no help even though they are nice. They said they have only installed one set of these and they were not sure which tech/or place did them.

I am going to post the wiring schematic and see what you guys can figure out. One thing that would help me is if I could know where the door micro switch is. If I knew that I could find the wires I need to tap into, but I can't find the micro switch.

How do I post the schematic on this site?

Thanks

HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ 10-19-2005 04:22 PM

Skylo I absolutely shocked that the dealer cannot pull up on there computer the schematic or part list and find the micros. That is how We did was the dealer service manager went to computer looked it up and said here and here etc. I'm going to call My service guy now.

Skylo here is what He and I seem to remember, We did not use micro switch but wired to the floor lights power on the b pillars on each side fo the rig beside the front sets. We are fairly sure but, not 100% since it has been a good while. All your doing is wanting them to come on and off when door is opened so wiring to those B pillar light should take care of that.
I would ask service at your dealer but, that is the direction I would lean unless You can come up with something more concrete.

TAZ

Skylo5 10-20-2005 03:20 PM

Taz,

That sounds like a good idea, since the pillar lights are right there. I am going to check into it today and see. Thanks again.

Skylo

JamesT 10-20-2005 03:35 PM

What are these. Anyone have pics?

TootsSUT 10-20-2005 04:35 PM

Pics now please! I'm curious also!

HummBob 10-20-2005 05:36 PM

These are what we are talking about

http://www.apsisusa.com/Door%20Sill%...ll%20plate.htm

TootsSUT 10-20-2005 06:06 PM

Thanks Bob! Those are nice!!!!

Skylo, were you able to get them installed?? I may have to look in to these!!

Skylo5 10-20-2005 07:45 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I am working on it now, but looking at the schematic....Does anyone know which wires go to which of the two wires on the light (I opened up the light and there are 2 wires ..BLK w/white stripe and all BLK).

Thanks,

Skylo

TootsSUT 10-22-2005 03:30 AM

Hey Skylo! Did you get them installed?? If so, can you post pics?? I'd love to see what they look like lit up!

MotorsportsAuthority aka Dragon 10-22-2005 04:40 AM

wow. that doesn't make much sense. once we get taz's unwrapped from being in the booth, i'll get you setup on better directions. until then, i won't be hurt if someone here comes up with an excellent writeup.