Hummer Forums by Elcova

Hummer Forums by Elcova (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   General H2 Discussion (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   37x12.5x17 on stock rims (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41610)

guruerror 03-01-2012 09:45 PM

Re: 37x12.5x17 on stock rims

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2010_5thgen
looks good. you need some for that trailer now.

Thanks.

Yeah...almost pulled the trigger on that when I did the spring over conversion, but just had them painted black for the time being.

Indy 03-01-2012 09:58 PM

37's should have been on the H2 from the factory. They would only have needed to mod the frame a little bit to make them work without any rubbing on full lock....the stock size is just a bit too small for the big dimensions of the H2.

jsbihn 03-02-2012 02:45 PM

I had a feeling guruerror would have a pic

:excited:

Definitely the way to go
I know when I finally get ready for new tires on mine, I will be doing the 37s

I am curious if a small spacer would eliminate the rubbing (if you have that) on full lock

guruerror 03-02-2012 02:50 PM

I had a slight rub at full lock with the stock rims. A small spacer would more than likely eliminate the rub. I have no rub at all with my RSs...but the back spacing is an inch less, so there's less wheel under the truck.

jsbihn 03-02-2012 02:57 PM

Yeah I am not a fan of big spacers or generic spacers.
BUT I do think that if you want to get the look without reworking the wheels (stock or otherwise), then it is ok.
Given I am not saying you are saying to do it, I wouldnt put a 1 inch spacer on my wheels.

With that said, truck is bad ass........................ as usual :D

KT2T 03-02-2012 05:00 PM

Ok, what's hanging off your spare in this pic? It's just far enough away to see but not know... and now I must know! :D

I noticed in a previous front/driver-side pic what looked like a bit of a bike tire peeking around the corner, so perhaps a spare-mounted bike rack? If so, which rack?

Thank you sir!

Quote:

Originally Posted by guruerror

guruerror 03-02-2012 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KT2T
Ok, what's hanging off your spare in this pic? It's just far enough away to see but not know... and now I must know! :D

I noticed in a previous front/driver-side pic what looked like a bit of a bike tire peeking around the corner, so perhaps a spare-mounted bike rack? If so, which rack?

Thank you sir!

Yep...it's a bike rack. I started with a Hollywood SR1 spare tire rack that I picked up at the a local bike shop.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...SIN=B000QJDFMK

The problem was that it would BARELY fit over a 37x12.5 and it wasn't tall enough for the bottom of the U to rest against the tire for support. It worked, but I was constantly worried about it, especially when carrying two bikes; and I never would have taken it out on the trail with a bike loaded up.

SO, I went to Home Depot and and hit the plumbing section up for some 3/4" pipe, couplers, and elbows and built my own 'TRAIL RATED' rack. I kept the square crossbar from the Hollywood rack because I liked the collapsible arms and rubber tie-downs. I simply mimicked the overall design of the Hollywood rack, but on a larger scale. It's designed to snug right on a 37x12.5...perfect...solid as rock.

Once I had it assembled I dropped it off a Rudy's Welding and Cold Beer (Middletown, MD) to have all the joints welded, the rack powder coated, and pick-up a six pack.

...and that's how that got done.

...and here's Rudy's...LOL...:beerchug:

jsbihn 03-04-2012 06:26 AM

What the heck. I thought we had some weird combo businesses in the south (ie. pool hall and chicken, or used tires and bbq)

But this wins in my opinion