Hummer Forums by Elcova

Hummer Forums by Elcova (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   Technical Discussion and Customizing your H3 (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   H3 Builder ? about off road suspension, and tires and rims (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7311)

oneworld 06-03-2005 01:32 PM

H3 Builder, will the 33 inch tires fit on the stock rims, my concern is as follows > dealer ordered mine with out the adventure pac, only lux pac, I am not sure if I will realy ever need to use the locking differential, I will go off road but probaly not extreme, and I want the larger tires, are their any other differences in the suspension other then the lockin dif, becuase I realy do not want to wait to reorder. Any advise would be greatly apprieciated my H3 is due in on monday and I want to know if I should reorder or not. Thanks

oneworld 06-03-2005 01:32 PM

H3 Builder, will the 33 inch tires fit on the stock rims, my concern is as follows > dealer ordered mine with out the adventure pac, only lux pac, I am not sure if I will realy ever need to use the locking differential, I will go off road but probaly not extreme, and I want the larger tires, are their any other differences in the suspension other then the lockin dif, becuase I realy do not want to wait to reorder. Any advise would be greatly apprieciated my H3 is due in on monday and I want to know if I should reorder or not. Thanks

HUMMER H3 4 ME 06-03-2005 01:42 PM

If you dont get what you want, then you should re-order or shop around until you find the right one. YOu are paying $30k-$40k so get your money's worth. Plus the arrival date may not be accurate. But, if you are desperate for an H3 then it should be up to you.

timgco 06-03-2005 07:14 PM

Oneworld, I still cannot get over that you are going to take this truck without the items you ordered,and they didn't. their should be no reason at all that you cannot get what you want in the same time frame.
Yes, I am postive the 33" tires will fit. But you are also not going to get the better gearing. The lux is standard with the 2.64:1 transfer case. I drove both and noticed a differnce for off the line and @ mid 40's acceleration. Once adding the 33's to the LUX standard gears, it's really going to dog.
Have you called you dealer and told him that you were disapointed with teir attention to detail. Ask them to get you theis truck with EVERYTHING you ordered on it... not half of the stuff. In anoterh few weeks, these trucks will be everywhere. Surely they have on coming in with ALL the options you want.

oneworld 06-04-2005 11:17 AM

Thanks for all the help, I guess it is a little bit my fualt to. When I went to order I was told that you could not have this and that, I was told you had to order the crome pack, to get the larger wheels, (this didnt make sense to me) anyway it is all behind now. I am just so pissed that I wont get this vehicle for another six weeks or so, i am just pissed but your all right I should not have to settle, I will reorder and wait it out. Thanks very much

wannabeH3 06-04-2005 04:12 PM

does this mean " 2.64:1 " that for every 2 spins of one gear, another spins 64 times, and turns a bigger gear only once?

Desert Dan 06-16-2005 01:22 PM

2.64:1 is the gear ratio of the transfer case reduction. This means that for every 2.64 turns of the input shaft of the t-case the output shaft turns only once.. That is why when in low range the engine is revving up and you are moving very slowly.

The Adventure package includes a 4.03:1 low-range transfer case.

As in axle gears too, the higher the number like 4.56:1 (numerically) means a lower gear ratio.

Lower gears are for power and torque and higher gears for top speed and or gas mileage