Hummer Forums by Elcova

Hummer Forums by Elcova (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   General H2 Discussion (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   air suspension - how can I keep the rear at the full 'height control' (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31229)

dna 12-03-2007 08:32 AM

air suspension - how can I keep the rear at the full 'height control'

Is there any way to keep the rear at the full height when I hit the 'height control'? Mine goes up, but at about 60kms it automatically goes back down. I like the look of it at the raised height. How can I keep the truck at this height without it going down. I do not want a permanent method, as I may want to ocassionally have it go down, but I just don't want it to go down by itself at 60+ kms.

Thanks

HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ 12-03-2007 10:01 AM

Re: air suspension - how can I keep the rear at the full 'height control'

The body control module I think is where you would have to look to hack to do what you want. You may be able to bypass by hard wiring the pump in the rear seperate so you can control pump.

The purpose of the module control is to sense when you go below 25mph it raises the back thinking offroad. It lowers above that speed to give best ride quality. When towing you can push the load leveling so that even at faster speeds the rear will raise up.

I doubt I have been any help. Hopefully some Hummer Techs will really be able to give a clear answer.

TAZ

TXSUT 12-03-2007 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ
The purpose of the module control is to sense when you go below 25mph it raises the back thinking offroad. It lowers above that speed to give best ride quality.

It's actually 40mph on my 2005, and once it lowers automatically, you have to hit the button to raise it again (i.e., it's not a continuous-on feature).

Agriv8r 12-04-2007 12:52 AM

thats all way to much work... the easy fix is....drive slower.....its actually 45mph in case anyone was wondering....

HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ 12-04-2007 08:59 AM

Sorry on the mph it is 45mph hit a typo and it will raise below and lower above automatically. At least mine does and i have made no mods.

Making it stay up as mentioned here already looks like fooling the sensors.

Good Luck

TAZ

Quote:

Originally Posted by TXSUT
It's actually 40mph on my 2005, and once it lowers automatically, you have to hit the button to raise it again (i.e., it's not a continuous-on feature).

timgco 12-04-2007 11:41 PM

40 mph, it goes back down. If you like the raised look, go for the Rancho lift. :clapping:

finall 12-06-2007 07:44 AM

FYI: 60 kph is about 40mph.

They lower at the same speed, whether it is mph (domestic) or kph (export unit). Done for safety reasons. Read your owners manual, it describes this.

Alan06SUT 12-06-2007 10:56 PM

Just break the ride height sensors and tape them at the height you like! I broke mine while off roading and had it like that for a month or so before I got them fixed.

rukus 02-16-2009 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan06SUT
Just break the ride height sensors and tape them at the height you like! I broke mine while off roading and had it like that for a month or so before I got them fixed.

Does that really work? because I am having the same problem.

lazybear 02-18-2009 03:45 PM

All you have to do is raise it....Then go to the back around the gas tank and unplug the wiring harness to the air suspension...This will then keep it up over 40 mph......In a couple of weeks it will probably go back down since air naturally slowly leaks out and you will have to reraise the suspension by plugging it back in....You may also get a rear air suspension malfunction when it is unplugged, but that will go away when plugged back in...:excited: