Hummer Forums by Elcova

Hummer Forums by Elcova (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Off Topic (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Welcome to the New Elcova Forums (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16686)

Jason 05-12-2006 02:37 PM

Welcome to the New Elcova Forums

Gang,

Just some quick things to point out.

IMPORTANT:
If it is your first time here, you will NOT be able to login until you reset your password. Simply make JUST ONE attempt to login, which will fail. You will be directed to a page that will ask for your email address (be sure to use the one that you were using on the old forums), where your username and NEW password will be sent to you in separate emails.

Once you get that information, be sure to login and then visit the "User CP" area. At that point, change your password to one that you can remember.

Take the time to browse around and figure things out. I am always here to assist if anything should arise (keep in mind that this forum is new to me too!), jrosoff@sprynet.com or jason@somo.com or 954-547-8237 phone.

Some known issues:
- Your post count has dropped, I know. This is as accurate as the transfer allowed (I believe among other things that PM posts were not counted).
- Your private messages stayed private and did not transfer over. I do apologize, but I am stuck on this one. The old site will remain up for a little while, it will be your responsibility to get the information you want to keep from there.

I appreciate your patience with the transfer and hope that this solution works for ALL of us.

Regards,
Jason Rosoff

CO Hummer 05-12-2006 03:25 PM

Re: Welcome to the New Elcova Forums

Please reset my post count to 15,375. Thank you.

DRTYFN 05-12-2006 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CO Hummer
Please reset my post count to 15,375. Thank you.

After utilizing the new Pad-Detector 6000 these are the posts of yours that were determined to be non-pads. Blow it out yer ass.;) :D

KenP 05-12-2006 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRTYFN
After utilizing the new Pad-Detector 6000 these are the posts of yours that were determined to be non-pads. Blow it out yer ass.;) :D

I just realized yours dropped, too. I wonder where mine are... I'll guess 1500.:(

KenP 05-12-2006 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KenP
I just realized yours dropped, too. I wonder where mine are... I'll guess 1500.:(

I was wrong! BWUAhahahahaaaa!!!

ree 05-12-2006 04:33 PM

Any idea how to get the "New Posts" query to exclude already read threads...like a "New Unread Posts"?

KenP 05-12-2006 04:41 PM

It asks why you want to deletet/edit messages.;)

KenP 05-12-2006 05:02 PM

Why are there little circles with different colors in them next to our forum handles?

ROX 05-12-2006 06:20 PM

Quote:

Why are there little circles with different colors in them next to our forum handles?

That's what I want to know. Yours, Ken, is blue right now, mine is green.

DRTYFN 05-12-2006 06:23 PM

Quote:

Don't ask questions.;):D

ree 05-12-2006 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhilD
Put your mouse over it, online status.

I bet you have to not be anonymously on line for it to be green.

ROX 05-12-2006 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRTYFN
Don't ask questions.;):D

When I click on Add to Drtyfn's Reputation, it doesn't ask for smart ass....???

ROX 05-12-2006 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhilD
Put your mouse over it, online status.

Thank you Phil!

Aubs 05-12-2006 06:38 PM

I noticed that some posts haven't shown up on the new forums.
And you only have five minutes to edit a post. It would be nice if that could change.

Mrs.ssippi 05-12-2006 08:20 PM

Quote:

It's like a mood ring, it turns different colors depending on how e-enraged you are!:D

KenP 05-12-2006 08:26 PM

Will H2source.com send us here after you shut down the other site? I really like my sticker.;)

PARAGON 05-12-2006 08:33 PM

1 Attachment(s)
What about adding something in the footer similar to what was in the other site so that you can click to navigate. Right now it's a GO button down at the bottom or you have to scroll all the way back up to the top.

PARAGON 05-12-2006 08:36 PM

Does the images thingy not work?

You link an image and hit save and it posts a link, not the image.

HummerNewbie 05-12-2006 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PARAGON
What about adding something in the footer similar to what was in the other site so that you can click to navigate. Right now it's a GO button down at the bottom or you have to scroll all the way back up to the top.

Is the "GO" button confusing you ;)

I agree, I like the links they way they were better but one step at a time :)