Hummer Forums by Elcova

Hummer Forums by Elcova (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   Technical Discussion and Customizing your H3 (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Rocker panel protection (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1394)

H3 Hummer 06-30-2005 02:43 AM

I got the OEM rocker panel protection for my new H3. Very sturdy and protectects the undercarriage and steps are easy to take off for off roading.

H3 Hummer 06-30-2005 02:43 AM

I got the OEM rocker panel protection for my new H3. Very sturdy and protectects the undercarriage and steps are easy to take off for off roading.

NoMoGMPG 06-30-2005 02:47 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by H3 Hummer:
I got the OEM rocker panel protection for my new H3. Very sturdy and protectects the undercarriage and steps are easy to take off for off roading. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They are nearly as heavy as the ones from Rubberduck4x4.

Dave

timgco 07-01-2005 02:56 AM

Well, put on the UC protection tonight.

The ladder frame (2 parts) were easy for the most part.

the rock rails are a bitch though! The PS side one went on but you have no room to use a ratchet in there.

the DR SD holes did not line up well and I got half the bolts in only. I am off to 4 Wheel Parts Friday some time to have them finish what I couldn't do.

I cannot say enough though about how tough they are VS my SUT UC's and rock rails. I think the H3 protection picked up where the H2 stuff left off. The diameter of the rock rails are larger than the SUT's and the UC protection seems to be thicker too.

H3 Hummer 07-01-2005 08:16 PM

Something isn't right if the holes are not lining up. Maybe a bad part?

timgco 07-01-2005 08:32 PM

The holes all were in line except for the DR SD. They were off by a very small bit, but were off enough where you had to put a couple of the bolts in on an angle. 4 Wheel Parts Denver hooked me up though! Only took them a couple of minutes to do it!

They are solid!!!!

NoMoGMPG 07-01-2005 08:54 PM

Post some pics Tim. I'd like to see how they look.

Dave

MotorsportsAuthority aka Dragon 07-05-2005 11:43 AM

your links asks for a password.

H3 Hummer 08-31-2005 01:43 AM

try new link with reviews

ODAMO 10-31-2005 03:40 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by H3 Hummer:
I got the OEM rocker panel protection for my new H3. Very sturdy and protectects the undercarriage and steps are easy to take off for off roading. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Do the steps come off without tools?

H3 Hummer 10-31-2005 09:43 PM

Nope.

You need a 3/4 inch. socket. I think the same size as the lug nuts but that big thing would be hard to get in there.