Hummer Forums by Elcova

Hummer Forums by Elcova (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   Technical Discussion and Customizing your H3 (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   How Many Of You Guys See Spots..?? (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35868)

Viet Nam Vette 11-01-2008 06:29 PM

How Many Of You Guys See Spots..??

I've noticed over the last two years that the glass has what looks like water spots. You can see it on the tinted glass more so then on the clear.

I notice it around the outer edge of the windshield in the tinted section from the outside. On the side glass you can see it up close from the outside. The glass looks ok when your inside looking out.

Tried all kinds of glass cleaners.... but dem spots are still their. WTF..!!

What have you used to get rid of them?

H3slate 11-01-2008 10:06 PM

Re: How Many Of You Guys See Spots..??

When I wash my truck I try to squeegee them off before they dry. Otherwise I use glass cleaner to clean it up. They have expensive water ionizing solutions to get rid of those hard water stains.

Viet Nam Vette 11-02-2008 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by H3slate
When I wash my truck I try to squeegee them off before they dry. Otherwise I use glass cleaner to clean it up. They have expensive water ionizing solutions to get rid of those hard water stains.

They really piss me off...I'm about to take a Grinder to the glass. After I wheel locally... I run down to the "Spray your Paint Off" Car wash.. Then air dry the 3 at 70 MPH on the way home and then towell dry it.

There water is good ..there are no spots on the paint....I do have a good wax job on their. So WTF...?? I'll have to find a product that removes spots....

wpage 11-02-2008 11:48 AM

Try rain dance. Works good. Sold at most parts counters:)

Goes on and off like wax type treatments.

Lasts a long time.

Viet Nam Vette 11-03-2008 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wpage
Try rain dance. Works good. Sold at most parts counters:)

Goes on and off like wax type treatments.

Lasts a long time.

I'll add that to the Try and get the poop off the glass list.. Thanks

timgco 11-04-2008 12:45 AM

I get those too. I ended up using 000 steel wool. All gone. Than I put rainx on all windows. Hasn't come off since.

I recently got behind a fawking a hole driving a dump truck full of sand. No cover on it and was overloaded. now my windshield is trashed. :raar: ...son consider those "little water spots" a minor issues. :D

Viet Nam Vette 11-04-2008 12:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by timgco
I get those too. I ended up using 000 steel wool. All gone. Than I put rainx on all windows. Hasn't come off since.

I recently got behind a fawking a hole driving a dump truck full of sand. No cover on it and was overloaded. now my windshield is trashed. :raar: ...son consider those "little water spots" a minor issues. :D

Quote:

...son consider those "little water spots" a minor issues

Oh...Believe me I do... ...000 Steel wool hug......

Desert Dan 11-04-2008 01:22 AM

If they are water spots maybe some Lime-A-Way on a paper towell would take care of it?

Here in in LA where I am, the tap water has lots of calcium in it which creates water spots if not dried quickley.

Or maybe it is from "Acid Rain" and we are all doomed LOL

Viet Nam Vette 11-04-2008 03:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Desert Dan
If they are water spots maybe some Lime-A-Way on a paper towell would take care of it?

Here in in LA where I am, the tap water has lots of calcium in it which creates water spots if not dried quickley.

Or maybe it is from "Acid Rain" and we are all doomed LOL

Good Call ,
I try that too....Thanks ..DD