Hummer Forums by Elcova

Hummer Forums by Elcova (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2 (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Aircon - not working (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34314)

Rene S. Nielsen 06-02-2008 01:59 PM

Aircon - not working

Hi all

After I fianlly got my H2 back with a new engine installed the aircon have now stoped working.

It's not makign cold air ??

So My guess would be that it needs a refill af whatever it is that they put in it.

So i called one of the few shops in the Copenhagen area thats actually services aircon, and they will gladly help me put some new fluid/gass whatever onto the system. But they don't know how much fluid to put in. Do any of you guys know how many grams or units need to be put in.

Or do you think it's something complely different. Compressor or something

Regards
Rene

Planohummer 06-03-2008 03:07 PM

Re: Aircon - not working

start with 1.4 lbs R-134A refrigerant. it's marked on top of receiver-driver(large aluminum can at firewall)

Rene S. Nielsen 06-04-2008 01:35 PM

Thanks will try to drive by the shop today. Will let you all know how it turns out

Rene

LEcustoms 06-05-2008 12:08 AM

This might sound silly but, did you check the belt that drives the compressor? Whoever put the new engine in might have forgot to put it on. The compressor is driven by a seperate belt from all of the other accessories on the truck.

SummitUp 06-05-2008 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LEcustoms
This might sound silly but, did you check the belt that drives the compressor? Whoever put the new engine in might have forgot to put it on. The compressor is driven by a seperate belt from all of the other accessories on the truck.

May not be silly at all... Rene, you can easily check this yourself. The compressor is mounted at the bottom of the engine, if I recall correctly it's on the passenger side.

LEcustoms 06-07-2008 05:51 PM

It is on the lower passengers side of the engine.

Rene S. Nielsen 06-12-2008 04:14 PM

I havn't even thought about checking this.

Thanks a million I will do that as soon as I get home tonight.

I thought it was the same belt running everything.

Rene

TedW 07-23-2008 11:42 PM

Good evening, or morning perhaps by the time you read this, H2 or H1, what year? I have an 08 H2 that I am having REAL A/C problems with, and would love to coordinate research. Service manager said "we have no problems with 08 H2 A/C's", the "tech" doing the work said (sorry this is a quote) "they suck". My truck is still in the shop after having the compressor replaced once already (only 13k miles/22km) I owned an 03 H2 prior. So if yr talking an 08 or perhaps 05+ H2, we shoul dcompare notes. Let me know what you think. Kind Regards, Ted

splne1 07-24-2008 02:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LEcustoms

Dang did not know this!!! Thanks LE!!!!:popcorn:

Rene S. Nielsen 07-24-2008 12:55 PM

Hi Guys

Planohummer - Thanks, This was excatly what the aircon guy needed.

I just had the aircon filled up about 3 days ago, and now everything is working.

I did chck the belt and that one was oki, and I also checked the magnetic thing on the flywheel that makes the compresser run.

But it was the cooleant (maybe wrong spelling)

Now just waiting to see if it's leaking anywhere

Regards and thanks
Rene