Hummer Forums by Elcova

Hummer Forums by Elcova (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   General H3 Discussion (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Tactical Black H3 Wheel or Chrome? (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35007)

Lex_Ordo 08-08-2008 05:40 PM

Tactical Black H3 Wheel or Chrome?

Does anyone have these wheels?
Or the Tactical Ltd edition H3?

Curious as to the wear of the Black paint? Is it a powder coat matte, or Clear coated finish?

Polished or dull?

I have the Chromed 7 solid spoke wheel now and am seeing some bubbling and flaking of the chrome in and around the center hub hole. The wheels are 4 months old, and I am not very happy.
I am considering a new wheel of the black tactical design, since the wheel is the same. Or a warranty replacement of the chrome again.

Anyone have any insight as to the quality of thre H3 chrome wheel and/or the black version.

I certainly don't want the same thing to happen again. Heck, I haven't even been through a salted road winter yet!

6pack 08-08-2008 09:30 PM

Re: Tactical Black H3 Wheel or Chrome?

I had the aluminium rims stock and picked up a set of tactical rims last winter. They are holding up just fine. They're gloss but I never wash my truck, so they're matte on mine. :) I'll try and get you a closer shot of them.

timgco 08-09-2008 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 6pack

I had the aluminium rims stock and picked up a set of tactical rims last winter. They are holding up just fine. They're gloss but I never wash my truck, so they're matte on mine. :) I'll try and get you a closer shot of them.

When you post up the pics, please poost a pic of your rig too. Thanks.

6pack 08-09-2008 06:05 PM

Here ya go. Like I said, I don't wash her very often, so it's dirty. These are thumbnails, too. Click on it for the bigger pic. :) And that will take you to the album where there are a couple of other shots.

timgco 08-10-2008 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 6pack
Here ya go. Like I said, I don't wash her very often, so it's dirty. These are thumbnails, too. Click on it for the bigger pic. :) And that will take you to the album where there are a couple of other shots.

That is one nice looking 3!!!!!!!:perfect10s:

H3slate 08-10-2008 06:37 PM

:iagree::perfect10s:

Lex_Ordo 08-10-2008 09:24 PM

Truck looks good. ?Thanks for the pics.
I might just get a new set of chrome wheels/rims through the dealer, hopefully on warranty.

I don't like alot of bling but I do like to accent a few pieces.

6pack 08-10-2008 11:57 PM

:clapping: Thanks! :beerchug:

BACKNBLACK 08-11-2008 02:57 AM

X Model With a TActical Twist :-)