Hummer Forums by Elcova

Hummer Forums by Elcova (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   General H2 Discussion (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Predator Tire Carrier... Help please (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42438)

markdoddridge 03-23-2012 01:40 AM

Predator Tire Carrier... Help please

Anyone have one? i have alot of play on the hinge (the tire doesnt sit vertically anymore, it leans back a bit). The extra pressure this puts on the latch assembly has caused 2 of them to break, im now on my 3rd one.

Im hoping i can just tighten it somehow, but anyone know how to get the housing off the hinge? Is this a common problem? thanks in advance

First picture shows the hinge in question, if i can figure out how to get that sucker open i can probably tighten it or figure something out

Second picture shows the lean of the tire

slippy 03-23-2012 03:20 AM

Re: Predator Tire Carrier... Help please

I have a similar non oem drop down style tire carrier and it's also a piece a junk. I cut my losses and took it off. I didn't feel like digging a whole and taking it to a weld shop to strengthen it up. I'd recommend just picking up a used one from criagslist. If your not in a rush you can get one for 100-300 bucks.

cashville 03-23-2012 03:29 AM

How the hell can predator make a pos like this and get away with it. Lol

markdoddridge 03-23-2012 04:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashville
How the hell can predator make a pos like this and get away with it. Lol

I have no problem with predator, the thing is 8 years old and has seen some rough trails. Im assuming a little loosening just comes with the territory...

im sure its not beyond repair, if i can just tighten it up a bit im hoping it will be good for another 8 or so

H2Much 03-23-2012 07:06 AM

Predator seems to me like a company that gives a crap about what they do, and they seem pretty passionate about Hummers, so I would just pick up the phone and call them about it. For all of the stuff that they do for Hummers, I would think that they would care enough to back their product up, offer to fix it, or send you a new one...

Just my opinion.

markdoddridge 03-23-2012 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by H2Much
Predator seems to me like a company that gives a crap about what they do, and they seem pretty passionate about Hummers, so I would just pick up the phone and call them about it. For all of the stuff that they do for Hummers, I would think that they would care enough to back their product up, offer to fix it, or send you a new one...

Just my opinion.

Your right, every experience ive had with predator confirms this. Ill give them a call and see how it goes