Hummer Forums by Elcova

Hummer Forums by Elcova (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   Technical Discussion and Customizing your H3 (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   How do you mount a winch to the H3? (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6863)

XM DUDE 06-06-2005 03:52 AM

I was looking at one today (big surprise huh)and I was wondering how that would work?

XM DUDE 06-06-2005 03:52 AM

I was looking at one today (big surprise huh)and I was wondering how that would work?

timgco 06-06-2005 05:02 PM

You take your H2 and attach it's winch to the tow hook on the H3. JOKE!

I was looking at that at the dealer last week.
A new bumper will have to made that will allow a set up like the H2 has. I have the WARN winch bumper on my SUT. The winch mounted to the frame where the front reciever was. Since the H3 doesn't have this, a new support will have to be welded up. You may want to call WARN to see if they have any plans for this.
If you use the Calss three reciever on the back you could use the WARN mullti mount winch for the rear, but that won't help you over the top of anything though. I'm sur eit won't be long until Drty, WARN, Road Armor, or someone else comes out with one.

XM DUDE 06-07-2005 04:44 AM

I wonder if the bumper can hide the winch behind it, that would be best.

DRTYFN 06-07-2005 05:06 PM

I ran down to the dealer and crawled around under the H3 trying to get some ideas for a winch bumper. It's going to be a little challenging, but do-able.

HummerNewbie 06-07-2005 06:51 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DRTYFN:
I ran down to the dealer and crawled around under the H3 trying to get some ideas for a winch bumper. It's going to be a little challenging, but do-able. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You go DRTY
We will be waiting here.

timgco 06-07-2005 07:32 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HummerNewbie:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DRTYFN:
I ran down to the dealer and crawled around under the H3 trying to get some ideas for a winch bumper. It's going to be a little challenging, but do-able. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You go DRTY
We will be waiting here. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, Yeah, Yeah, you'll make one 6 months after I find one for the H3 too.

HummerLV 06-08-2005 11:59 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HummerNewbie:
You go DRTY

we ALL will be waiting, and waiting and waiting.
well maybe by the time the H10's come out.

PARAGON 06-09-2005 01:07 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HummerLV:
You go DRTY

we ALL will be waiting, and waiting and waiting.
well maybe by the time the H10's come out. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>and waiting and waiting and waiting

I keep asking to trade in my Warn winch bumper on the drty bumper but never get any where.

primal-hunter 06-26-2005 08:57 PM

I am thinking about having a type III hitch built for the H3 and then storing the winch in the back. The firm that will build this hitch knows that I will be using a winch with it and will build it accordingly What is right and wrong about this idea?

Anybody figured out how to get more juice out of the lights?

FormerJeeper 07-22-2005 01:28 PM

Being stuck on an off-camber incline and needing to winch

First you got to ge the damn thing out of the back and then mount it.
Winches generally weigh 100LBs, so this might not be the easiest of tasks.

I'd look at Warn's H2 winch and try and get them to make an equivalent for the H3.
I already talked to Warn and they have no plans at present to make one for the H3

-C