Hummer Forums by Elcova

Hummer Forums by Elcova (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2 (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   New Updated v4.1 NAV DVD? (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2974)

Klaus 08-04-2005 08:37 PM

Looks like there may be a new, updated GM NAV DVD disc out. Folks are advertising them for sale on eBay:

Quote:

United States/Canada DVD-ROM Map Disc

Version 4.1, 04R4

GM Part Number #: 15792651

Maybe Partsman can verify this works with our NAV units and give us a price.

Klaus 08-04-2005 08:37 PM

Looks like there may be a new, updated GM NAV DVD disc out. Folks are advertising them for sale on eBay:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">United States/Canada DVD-ROM Map Disc

Version 4.1, 04R4

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Maybe Partsman can verify this works with our NAV units and give us a price.

Boss Hoss 08-05-2005 01:05 AM

An updated CD would be sweet....especially if i could figure out how to use my nav while moving.

LasVegas 08-05-2005 01:21 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Boss Hoss:
An updated CD would be sweet....especially if i could figure out how to use my nav while moving. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>See nav override this link http://elcova.com/groupee/forums/a/t...1/m/9891088431

Bill Kervaski 08-05-2005 01:43 AM

Eh? You can't use it while moving? What's the point then?

rodster 08-05-2005 02:01 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bill Kervaski:
Eh? You can't use it while moving? What's the point then? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's funny, Bill!

Of course you can use it while moving. What you can't do is change your destination or perform other in-flight functions while moving. That's the purpose of the override -- to get around that built-in safety feature.

RJD 08-05-2005 02:46 AM

Klaus

I purchased this same updated DVD
Version 4.1, 04R4 - GM Part Number #: 15792651
about three weeks ago and it works fine with the TSN radio.

I paid $200.00 for it on e-bay and got a $75.00 trade in for my V3.0 Nav DVD.

RJD

partsguy 08-05-2005 01:57 PM

I just talked to Gm and they said the 3rd
edition(15792651) will not be ready for sale untill the 1st edition is out of stock.
Where is the 2nd?It got scraped because of
problems in the middle east.
I didn't go any further with that.
They are compatable with your units.
When they are avalible retail $261.05 with
a cost of maybe low 160's.

DrG 08-05-2005 02:54 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">TSN radio. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

OK, I'm new here but I do have a NAV unit on my H2. What is a TSN Radio?

Boss Hoss 08-05-2005 07:09 PM

im going to go out on a limb and say TSN is "touch screen navigation".

partsguy 08-05-2005 11:32 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Klaus:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">United States/Canada DVD-ROM Map Disc

Version 4.1, 04R4

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Maybe Partsman can verify this works with our NAV units and give us a price. </div></BLOCKQUOTE><BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> I have matured to partsman </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Klaus 08-06-2005 02:13 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by partsguy:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Klaus:

Maybe Partsman can verify this works with our NAV units and give us a price. </div></BLOCKQUOTE><BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> I have matured to partsman </div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry about that, Partsguy!

GeorgeSSSS 08-06-2005 04:16 PM

You're Partsgod as far as I'm concerned. Thanks for the constant stream of accurate, clear info.

George SSSS

md_sailor 08-06-2005 05:56 PM

Does anyone know if the new disc includes information for the Outer Banks of NC? I cannot get any route info out there.

DrG 08-07-2005 04:11 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Boss Hoss:
im going to go out on a limb and say TSN is "touch screen navigation". </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks Boss, sounds logical to me.
David

md_sailor 08-07-2005 11:45 AM

What is different about the new disc? Info on the Outer Banks would be helpful? Does anyone know what has changed?

Hummertech 08-08-2005 12:47 PM

This info may be helpfull, some of you can get thi Document ID# 1536916

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Information on Obtaining Upgraded/Updated Navigation Disc #04-08-126-001 - (Jul 2, 2004)
Information on Obtaining Upgraded/Updated Navigation Disc
2005 Buick Rainier, Rendezvous

2005 Cadillac Escalade, Escalade ESV, Escalade EXT

2005 Chevrolet Avalanche, Suburban, Tahoe, TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer EXT

2005 GMC Denali, Envoy, Envoy XL, Envoy XUV, Yukon

2005 HUMMER H2

with Navigation System (RPO UM8)

and Built Prior to the Following VIN Breakpoints:

Vehicle
VIN Breakpoint

Rendezvous
5S500141

Escalade, Escalade ESV, Escalade EXT, Avalanche, Suburban, Tahoe, Denali, Yukon
Silao: 5G100034

Arlington: 5R100030

Janesville: 5J100030

TrailBlazer, Envoy, Rainier

TrailBlazer EXT, Envoy XL, Envoy XUV

HUMMER H2
5H101767

The purpose of this bulletin is to provide information regarding obtaining an updated Navigation Disc. The current disc, P/N 15119856, that was included with the vehicle has map coverage of Canada that does not match the coverage shown in the Owner's Manual.

A navigation disc update request postcard was packaged with the first version Navigation Disc that was delivered with the vehicle. It can be used for one free update for the vehicle. (It should be noted that only one free upgrade request per vehicle is allowed. Additional map data discs are available for a charge to customers.)

If the postcard is missing or has been lost/misplaced, the customer may call 1-888-NAV MAPS (1-888-628-6277)*. By supplying the vehicle VIN and shipping name and address, the customer will be able to order their free updated disc.

*English language spoken at the order desk. Dealers are encouraged to provide assistance with the phone order transaction for customers speaking other languages.

GM bulletins are intended for use by professional technicians, NOT a "do-it-yourselfer". They are written to inform these technicians of conditions that may occur on some vehicles, or to provide information that could assist in the proper service of a vehicle. Properly trained technicians have the equipment, tools, safety instructions, and know-how to do a job properly and safely. If a condition is described, DO NOT assume that the bulletin applies to your vehicle, or that your vehicle will have that condition. See your GM dealer for information on whether your vehicle may benefit from the information.
WE SUPPORT VOLUNTARY TECHNICIAN CERTIFICATION

© Copyright General Motors Corporation. All Rights Reserved.

s new disc for free.

Dead Ringer 08-15-2005 01:14 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hummertech:
If the postcard is missing or has been lost/misplaced, the customer may call 1-888-NAV MAPS (1-888-628-6277)*. By supplying the vehicle VIN and shipping name and address, the customer will be able to order their free updated disc.
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I tried calling this #, and the operator told me that while they make discs for lots of cars (ford, bmw, porsche, etc...) they do not make them for GM.

Has anyone had any luck obtaining a disc replacement from phone number above?

DrG 08-15-2005 07:46 PM

I have not had any luck with this coupon deal. I have searched the owners manual and Nav book and have not found it. I asked my dealer guys about this also and they haven't heard of this either. I believe someone may have their information mixed up.
I just noticed that service bulletin is dated Jul 2, 2004. It is not a recent bulletin!!
David

greenhummer 08-16-2005 03:50 PM

gmpartsdirect.com has the new DVD for $149. I'm gonna order it today or tomorrow. Just have to verify the current version on my new-ish H2.

Greenhummer.