Hummer Forums by Elcova

Hummer Forums by Elcova (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   Technical Discussion and Customizing your H3 (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   CANCELED MARKER LIGHTS (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7704)

boulderhummer 08-12-2005 11:39 AM

Spoke to service manager again at my dealer here in PA. Asked him if I have them install the lights and there is a problem like JERSEY GUY had at the same dealership can something be done. He said NO, nothing can be done until Hummer comes out with a fix. At least he is being straight up with me, but read on here that other dealers are customizing the installationg to cut out the noise. H3LADY one of them. Good thing is he said my truck is on its way to Ohio then a 10 hour ride to eastern PA!!! I have my digital already to shoot some pics Just really bummed about the whole marker light problem. I"ll wait till they know whats going on and can fix em. Seems like i'm only reading the problems that people have with the lights. Anyone that has them and no problems, please post....thanks guys
bret

boulderhummer 08-12-2005 11:39 AM

Spoke to service manager again at my dealer here in PA. Asked him if I have them install the lights and there is a problem like JERSEY GUY had at the same dealership can something be done. He said NO, nothing can be done until Hummer comes out with a fix. At least he is being straight up with me, but read on here that other dealers are customizing the installationg to cut out the noise. H3LADY one of them. Good thing is he said my truck is on its way to Ohio then a 10 hour ride to eastern PA!!! I have my digital already to shoot some pics Just really bummed about the whole marker light problem. I"ll wait till they know whats going on and can fix em. Seems like i'm only reading the problems that people have with the lights. Anyone that has them and no problems, please post....thanks guys
bret

Georgemarc 08-12-2005 11:48 AM

Hey Bret
Sorry to hear that. I got mine put on two weeks ago and have no problem. I don't really know wehat they did or didn't do. Had it done at Sewell Dallas, if that helps.

H3Lady 08-12-2005 11:59 AM

News

They have issued a new part number...

So it is revised already. If you can't get it yet, not in the system yet

Ask you parts person to check for the new part number and use it, not the old one.

Got this from a parts person at GM

partsguy 08-12-2005 12:19 PM

The new part number just means the instuctions
have changed and not the parts it's self.
The new number is only being shipped to dealers
for ordered vehicles only.
If you walk into your dealer to buy them they
will sell you a 12499109(old) not a 17803066(new).
The change is just how to run the wire harness.

boulderhummer 08-12-2005 01:41 PM

thanks guys and girls,,,,thats great information. don't you think the dealer would use the new instructions if the marker lights themmselves are the same...they better...
i'll call back..they are probably getting sick of me!!! oh well

boulderhummer 08-12-2005 01:49 PM

hey, anyone have a number at Hummer i can call and talk to customer service or someone that could fax me the new instructions for these lights?? because obviously my dealership is out of the loop or something...least then i could show them the right way...
thanks,,,,
what do you think partsguy

partsguy 08-12-2005 02:12 PM

Check your PM

DeLeon 08-12-2005 02:35 PM

Hey partsguy, do you happen to have those instructions available? I'd also like to give that info to my dealer, they are going to check my truck on monday and I'd like to give them as many info as I can, they don't seem to have a clue about this problem.

partsguy 08-12-2005 02:37 PM

PM your fax number but again it is only a wiring
route difference in the instructions.NOT a wind
noise fix!

boulderhummer 08-12-2005 04:13 PM

PM'd ya guy,,,thanks again
bret

Jersey Guy 08-12-2005 09:53 PM

Sorry to hear that Bret Im going to my dealer on tuesday to have my rig checked out I know they are not going to fix anything because everything is already tight so after wasting my time over there I will try and get a phone number to GM or Hummer and put together a complaint list and what other dealers did to try and help the customers out if they helped why the F@@@ cant Scotts I am losing my patience any info guys would be great

partsguy 08-12-2005 10:07 PM

Your Allentown people?

Hummertech 08-13-2005 01:05 PM

Correcting the wind noise problem is not a tough thing to do. I'm amazed that there are dealers out there who can't seem to put them on without getting any wind noise. If you like the lights get them, I just suggesst going to a dealership that already has several installs under their belt. If you're still concerned, buy the truck, wait 6 months and then go back and pay and get them installed. I have figured out many simple things to do to cut down on wind noise potential. If it is really a problem for some dealers then Hummer will probably come out with a bulletin to teach the moronic dealers how to do it without noise.

partsguy 08-13-2005 02:28 PM

I didn't want to say anything like that,but you are correct we have done 18 so far and only the first one came back with wind noise.

If your dealer can"t get this one they more then likly were a pep boys store before becomming a Hummer dealership.

Well put,Tech

boulderhummer 08-13-2005 04:11 PM

Emaus PA Jeff, next to Allentown. I hear you Paul!! Scotts needs to do something. Anyone know of a dealer near Philly PA where I can get these things put on...

partsguy 08-13-2005 04:22 PM

I will call you Monday, Your not that far from me.
Mechanicsburg is 8 miles from Three mile Island!

partsguy 08-13-2005 04:28 PM

Boulder<
Check your PM .....Again

Jersey Guy 08-14-2005 10:37 PM

parts guy I go by Jersey Guy because I have lived there all my life just bought a house in Nazareth PA I am keeping in touch with Boulderhummer so It wouldnt be a problem to meet you or both of you on a weekend I cant make the dealer tuesday have to work late if we cant hook up I'll try and see if the dealer can look at these Saturday 8/20