Hummer Forums by Elcova

Hummer Forums by Elcova (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   Other Off-Roading Vehicles (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Jeep Commander on the Rubicon (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11797)

BlueTJCO 07-19-2005 01:35 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Thought all you Humm Bugs might like to see this. I thought it was kinda interesting... From what I've read this was after it's virgin voyage of the Rubicon. I think I've found myself a new job

BlueTJCO 07-19-2005 01:35 PM

Thought all you Humm Bugs might like to see this. I thought it was kinda interesting... From what I've read this was after it's virgin voyage of the Rubicon. I think I've found myself a new job

BlueTJCO 07-19-2005 01:36 PM

1 Attachment(s)
another...

Beastmaster 07-20-2005 01:01 AM

Hmmm...somehow this doesn't seem to be as trail rated as it should be.

dochummer 07-20-2005 01:25 AM

Holy cow! My wife would kill me if I did that to a vehicle.... They sure did beat the crap out of it!

Harley 07-20-2005 01:27 AM

damn... makes me think my scrapes are minor...

K

RasterMaster 07-20-2005 01:30 AM

I think you call that ROADKILL!

Beastmaster 07-20-2005 02:03 AM

I don't think H2 or H3 vehicles that were owned by private owners would look like that.

IIRC - the actual H3 test mules didn't look like that after the Rubicon.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sfox:
Thanks for sharing Mooncricket....

they really beat the holy SH*t out of that poor truck didn't they....wow, did the H2 or H3 mules look that bad coming off of the Rubicon???

S </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Beastmaster 07-20-2005 02:04 AM

On a side note - it looks like the driver took the wrong line and in turn, took out the flare and parts of the rocker panel.

KenP 07-20-2005 04:16 AM

It didn't lose the rear bumper.
Poor truck didn't know what hit it.
Check out the guy laughing in the background.
And the "trail guide" shirt.
What a POS.

BlueTJCO 07-20-2005 01:19 PM

I'm sure the Rubicon was the final testing grounds for this vehicle....hell, I'd be laughing it up and having a good time also if I was running that test run

There was a group of them here in Colorado running Jenny Creek about 3 weeks ago with the same lic. plates. My guess is they started in michigan and made their way out west...too much fun

HummerNewbie 07-20-2005 05:07 PM

Doesn't look anymore trail ready than the GC to me

Thanks for sharing Mooncricket.

usetosellhummer 07-22-2005 09:02 PM

poor jeep, and they say the hummer has too much plastic? come on man

DennisAJC 07-23-2005 04:19 PM

I pretty sure the Jeep guys are just as disappointed as us. That departure angle is painful to look at.

DRTYFN 07-23-2005 04:54 PM

1 Attachment(s)
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Beastmaster:
I don't think H2 or H3 vehicles that were owned by private owners would look like that.

IIRC - the actual H3 test mules didn't look like that after the Rubicon.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ahhh.... the Rubicon. I've got a score to settle with that trail. With my new bumper & rock rails I'm ready this time.

MUH_HUM 07-24-2005 03:16 AM

While watching the Tour, I noticed a segment on whatever show where jeep was doing a joint venture to demonstrate the trail ready concept. All the "gyp" exes were cooing and strutin around their product. The other "vested party" was none other than Disney....

Anybody else catch this or had I just finished a big <span class="ev_code_RED">Dennis special</span> BC homegrown spleef?

Frame Machine 07-27-2005 05:13 PM

i hope that guys got alot of money.. sheesh.. what kind of idiot takes a fully factory jeep rig on the Rubicon.....*shakes head*

and i agree with whoever said it earlier.. he prolly did take the wrong line.. sh!t.. give me that damn thing i can take a better line than that.. ooo... im in auto body and that hurts for me to look at it...