Hummer Forums by Elcova

Hummer Forums by Elcova (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Off Topic (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   My new playground (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34801)

Andy C 07-20-2008 10:16 AM

My new playground

1 Attachment(s)
Still in Korea - but whey hey - this place rocks - all pics taken within ten minutes of my apartment.

Andy C 07-20-2008 10:17 AM

Re: My new playground

1 Attachment(s)

Andy C 07-20-2008 10:18 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Andy C 07-20-2008 10:18 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Andy C 07-20-2008 10:19 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Andy C 07-20-2008 10:45 AM

1 Attachment(s)
This is the project that I am on - an oil production platform that we are building for offshore of Angola - it will be the 7th highest structure in the world when we are finished.

Andy C 07-20-2008 10:48 AM

1 Attachment(s)
The shipyard we are currently in - pic taken on top of The Goliath Crane - the second largest gantry crane in the world - the largest is on the other side of the yard.

frenzy1 07-20-2008 11:00 AM

Wow ! Interesting pics bro ! Must be a great experience ! How are the people like over there ?

:perfect10s:

Big Dad 07-20-2008 03:04 PM

Awesome pics, but that one on the wheeler looks as if there might be some evidence of SO-JU consumption aka NO FEAR!

:jump: :jump:

DRTYFN 07-20-2008 04:03 PM

Could you build a few of those for off the coast of California, Florida and wherever else the U.S. has oil.

HummerHippy 07-20-2008 04:32 PM

Very cool! thx.
I was wondering what the body armour ws for in the first pic :)

Andy C 07-20-2008 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRTYFN
Could you build a few of those for off the coast of California, Florida and wherever else the U.S. has oil.

Trust me - we are working on it.

Karsun 07-20-2008 08:27 PM

My favorite is the picture overlooking the mountains. Absolutely breathtaking! Let me know if I can snag it and play with some colors and all. :)

BigPoppa1411 07-20-2008 10:45 PM

wow great pics!

Andy C 07-21-2008 01:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karsun
My favorite is the picture overlooking the mountains. Absolutely breathtaking! Let me know if I can snag it and play with some colors and all. :)

I can send the original file if you want - 3mb JPEG or the original RAW file.

Karsun 07-21-2008 03:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andy C
I can send the original file if you want - 3mb JPEG or the original RAW file.

That'd be awesome! Just send it to my e-mail privately if you want. :) Thank you!

HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ 07-21-2008 09:39 AM

Hey Andy C!!! How long are you expecting to be on this project and living in Korea?

Awsome pics man!!!!!!!!!!!!! Keep dropping some off every so often.

Wish I had the skill needed to go off on that kind of job with you. I bet they pay well. What would be the pay just for a gopher or basic laborer. I most likely would not have the skills for anything else although coming from a large farm owner situation I have always been able to drive or run anything. It has been a good while but, I even operated those old dragline cranes building water resivoirs and clean out of little bayous. Dredging we called it opening them up for flow.

Stay safe Buddy!!!

TAZ

TXSUT 07-21-2008 02:10 PM

All that riding gear, with sandals and no helmet...:notallthere:

Cool pics....What company are you with?

BKLYNH2 07-21-2008 05:42 PM

Andy- Looks like you might get to use the Iphone over there after all.....................

Apple Getting Closer to Launching iPhone in South Korea?
posted by WildCowboy on Thursday July 17, 2008 02:54 AM

The Chosun Ilbo reports that Apple has posted a job listing for a "Korea iPhone Account Manager" based out of Seoul, suggesting that Apple may be getting closer to launching the iPhone 3G in South Korea. According to the listing, the responsibilities of the position are to "manage the day to day issues of our chosen carrier, ensure healthy relationship and help develop the market."

The Chosun Ilbo notes that negotiations between Apple and potential Korean carriers are rumored to have not been proceeding well, due at least in part to the requirement that all phones used in South Korea utilize the country's Wireless Internet Platform for Interoperability (WIPI) platform. However, this new job listing suggests that Apple may be becoming more optimistic about the prospects of an agreement being reached.

Andy C 07-22-2008 04:17 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I will keep posting random Pics of Korea - if you get bored of them then let me know.

On the ferry from Okpo to Pusan