Hummer Forums by Elcova

Hummer Forums by Elcova (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Off Topic (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   It was hell yesterday (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27272)

bparker 05-28-2007 07:55 PM

It was hell yesterday

1 Attachment(s)
Yesterday I had to put my best friend of 14 yrs to sleep. He was old and had a condition that made him retain water. At the end he was so swollen and full of water that his weight had doubled.

I made him a bed in the back of the H3, loaded him up as he could barely get around and certianly couldnt jump into the Hummer any more and slowly drove to the hospital.

I went in and explained to them that he couldnt move much and it was too hard on him to carry him in so they came out to the parking lot.

I jumped in the back and put his head on my shoulder as they put the neddle in his arm and within 3 secs he collapsed all of his weight on me as I hugged him for about 5 mins till I was sure he was gone.

We took him out to my parents property and dug him a nice spot under a huge tree with the front end loader and put him to rest.

I will miss him,

R.I.P. Bud :(

Attachment 40243

h2co-pilot 05-28-2007 08:09 PM

Re: It was hell yesterday

Oh B, I am so sorry. :(

I wish there was something I could type that would make you feel better. I know I can't and won't try. The place on your parents property sounds really nice and it's good to know he is there.

Hang in there, friend. I will be thinking of you.

DennisAJC 05-28-2007 08:17 PM

X2

Hard thing to go through b.

dеiтайожни 05-28-2007 08:50 PM

:(

tanklizard 05-28-2007 09:37 PM

I'm sorry your pup passed on.

mln2963 05-28-2007 10:40 PM

I know what you're going through. I had to do the same thing in September. I cried like a baby. Hang in there.

RubHer Yellow Ducky 05-28-2007 11:29 PM

My HEART IS WITH YOU !

My Great Dane "HERMAN" just passed away 2 hours ago...

SELWA 05-28-2007 11:37 PM

I feel for ya as well. We had to put ours down a month ago. She was 9 years old and could have lived double that since she was a small dog. We still have the other one and you can really see how she misses her.

h2co-pilot 05-29-2007 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RubHer Yellow Ducky
My HEART IS WITH YOU !

Oh no!:( What happened?

Agriv8r 05-29-2007 12:33 AM

:o

GreateWhite 05-29-2007 12:45 AM

Very sorry to hear that. Focus on all the good times you had together, as those will be the memories you cherish!

GLBLWARMR 05-29-2007 12:53 AM

It is never easy to bury a close friend. Sorry to hear about your loss.

GLBLWARMR 05-29-2007 12:55 AM

Quote:

My HEART IS WITH YOU !

That royally sucks. Sorry to hear about it.

deserth3 05-29-2007 12:55 AM

Sorry to hear that. I had to put my Golden down a few years ago because of cancer.
He was a great hiking dog. We could take kids and he'd patrol the whole line making sure no one was missing.
Still miss him.

DRTYFN 05-29-2007 03:06 AM

:( Major condolences over your loss.
Great, now I'm going to be bummed over this. I hate the idea of losing a pet/buddy/friend.:( Xinfinity

RubHer Yellow Ducky 05-29-2007 03:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by h2co-pilot
Oh no!:( What happened?

He was getting on in age, was a little over 9, which for a Dane is starting to get up there.

Anyway, he had a heart condition and one of his medications was Lasix. It seemed to help him most of the time but I think his heart just overworked. Best I can tell he died in his sleep. It didn't seem that he was thrashing around. I pray he didn't suffer.

Its like losing a child.............:crying:

bparker 05-29-2007 05:22 AM

omg I am so sorry to hear it.

Man its hard to let them go.

:crying:

Quote:

My HEART IS WITH YOU !

DRTYFN 05-29-2007 06:00 AM

Quote:

He was getting on in age, was a little over 9, which for a Dane is starting to get up there.

Anyway, he had a heart condition and one of his medications was Lasix. It seemed to help him most of the time but I think his heart just overworked. Best I can tell he died in his sleep. It didn't seem that he was thrashing around. I pray he didn't suffer.

Its like losing a child.............:crying:

Was that that beautiful Black, grey & white GD?

frenzy1 05-29-2007 06:26 AM

Sorry to hear this bro ! We got 3 dogs ourselves and I 'd hate to see one go. But, we al know it's gonna happen some day.
I'm sure your dog had a great life and a great boss !!!
take care !

Frenzy

ssgharkness020147 05-29-2007 06:45 AM

Sorry to hear everyone's losses. I got the dreaded call about my buddy last october, he was only six so it was real shock.