Hummer Forums by Elcova

Hummer Forums by Elcova (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   General H4 Discussion (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   H4/HX Pictures From Detroit Autoshow (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32110)

DRTYFN 01-14-2008 07:40 AM

H4/HX Pictures From Detroit Autoshow

9 Attachment(s)
I MUST HAVE!!!!! NOW!!!!!!!:excited: :excited: :excited:

Attachment 45965

Attachment 45973

Attachment 45966

Attachment 45967

Attachment 45968

Attachment 45969

Attachment 45970

Attachment 45971

Attachment 45972

DRTYFN 01-14-2008 07:41 AM

Re: H4 Pictures From Detroit Autoshow

1 Attachment(s)
Hot ass.:jump:

CO Hummer 01-14-2008 08:45 AM

Looks cool. Really cool.

But it looks like it suffers from poor visibility, just like the H3.

BKLYNH2 01-14-2008 02:36 PM

Is that really you inside on pic#2 or a chop? If it's real, then it's very small, I don't think a lot of us will fit inside. You look like you barely fit and from what I hear you're a rather petite fellow. :giggling: :giggling:

DRTYFN 01-14-2008 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BKLYNH2
Is that really you inside on pic#2 or a chop? If it's real, then it's very small, I don't think a lot of us will fit inside. You look like you barely fit and from what I hear you're a rather petite fellow. :giggling: :giggling:

:jump:

Desert Dan 01-14-2008 05:27 PM

Nice Ground Clearance!

Sewie 01-14-2008 09:07 PM

Me likes. A LOT!! :cool:

Sewie 01-14-2008 11:12 PM

More pics and reveal vid. :clapping: :clapping:

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/01/13/d...els-into-cobo/

3Hummer 01-15-2008 02:12 AM

it looks sooooooo tiny in these pictures but im lovin it! Does anyone have any idea on what pricing infor would be, and the ground clearance approach and departure and water fording clearence/capability of this Hx?!?!?

Sewie 01-15-2008 04:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3Hummer
Does anyone have any idea on what pricing infor would be, and the ground clearance approach and departure and water fording clearence/capability of this Hx?!?!?

Too lazy to read the article I linked, huh? :twak:

Minimum ground clearance front (in / mm): 13 / 320

Approach angle (degrees): 56

Departure angle (degrees): 51

Breakover angle (degrees): 25

Grade capability (percent): 60

Side slope capability (percent): 40

Water fording capability (in / mm): 24 / 610 (at 5 mph)

It's just a concept, so no price info yet. But since they're going after the Wrangler, and targeting a young demographic, I would expect it to be less than the H3. Of course, that means a lot of the cool stuff on the concept won't make it to production. :(

Hummer Aficionado_VT 01-15-2008 04:18 AM

Nice!!

hummer.dad 01-17-2008 07:03 PM

Re: H4/HX Pictures From Detroit Autoshow

Check out GMNext for the interview with the designers in the design studio. Watch everything behind them. Looks like there is a red HX in the SUV style behind them. Almost looks production ready. See what you guys think. Also there are drawings on the wall with different looks at the HX with doors off etc.... Pretty cool interview.
It's under videos, "Next Generation". Hummerguy also has a link to it.

Hummer Guy 01-17-2008 11:49 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by hummer.dad
Check out GMNext for the interview with the designers in the design studio. Watch everything behind them. Looks like there is a red HX in the SUV style behind them. Almost looks production ready. See what you guys think. Also there are drawings on the wall with different looks at the HX with doors off etc.... Pretty cool interview.

I saw some weird stuff in the background too - like a tiny H3 - similar to the photoshops in some places. Here are the different HX configurations:

Sewie 01-18-2008 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hummer.dad

Link for the lazy.

The articles already mention a squared off modular back for a "wagon look."

There's another vid on Hummer.com also.

http://www.hummer.com/hummerjsp/tv_p...spot=hummer_hx

3Hummer 01-18-2008 07:33 AM

i have a feeling if it makes it into production it wont have 35"s probably put 32" with optional 33" like the H3 thus giving it less than 13 inch ground clearance. thats would incredible though if it came like that, but then howcome the water fording is the same as the H3 if its higher? well i guess the intake isnt higher.

SteveRH 01-18-2008 07:55 AM

I like it... I like it a lot...
Would definitely trade my green H3 for a green HX...

SR1355 01-18-2008 03:33 PM

I'm heading to the autoshow this weekend for a first hand look... hopefully you can get you close and personal. Any requests for certain pics???

DRTYFN 01-18-2008 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SR1355
I'm heading to the autoshow this weekend for a first hand look... hopefully you can get you close and personal. Any requests for certain pics???

Rear suspension, transmission... pretty much the entire underside.

H3 Hummer 01-18-2008 06:35 PM

I like the Horsepower and torque numbers! :jump: Especially since it will be lighter than the H3. Take the doors, roof off and fenders and lock the front and rear and its time to rumble. :raar:

I don't know if the production version will have the low gear wheel angle indicator but that and the back up camera would be sweet as well.

CLAYDOG 01-18-2008 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRTYFN
Rear suspension, transmission... pretty much the entire underside.

Most of it is coved by a CF skid plate (I know, not the best for rocks) but the front control arms and rear swing arms (think trophy truck) are pieces of art in themselves.