Hummer Forums by Elcova

Hummer Forums by Elcova (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   Technical Discussion and Customizing your H3 (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   07 runs bad when at red light (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36625)

Webster1 02-01-2009 10:36 PM

07 runs bad when at red light

My 07 w/ 65,000 miles on it has be getting worse with time. When I pull up to a red light i feel a vibration in the whole truck. The steering wheel and brake pedal are what I feel and see the most.
I have had it in the shop several times and they say it is normal. Seem like it idles about 150 RPM's too low. Anyone else have that problem?

RubHer Yellow Ducky 02-02-2009 12:30 AM

Re: 07 runs bad when at red light

A rough Idol is NEVER normal...!

easist way to solve that is avoid RED LIGHTS...

Next way is take it to a shop that cares...the one your going to right now doesn't seem to care....

Webster1 02-02-2009 09:08 PM

Next way is take it to a shop that cares...the one your going to right now doesn't seem to care....[/quote]

I have had it in all three shops in the Dallas Fort Worth area. I even called GM about the problem. They all say with out a code or warning light their hands are tied.

fourfourto 02-02-2009 11:24 PM

Maybe you got some bad gas ?or someone put something in your gas tank

Put in some dry gas/fuel injector cleaner run it low and fill up at
at a different station and see what happens.

Cloged fuel filter/injector or air cleaner

Bometimes the throtle body flap om the intake gets a carbon build up(theres a pin hole that gives air at idle when flap is closed,sqwert some spray fuel injector cleaner in and around the area.

Bad plug or wire(i would think they would cause a code to come up))

All cheap maintenance type things to check and do they couldnt hurt:beerchug:

HummBebe 02-03-2009 05:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RubHer Yellow Ducky

easist way to solve that is avoid RED LIGHTS...

You are such a goofball :giggling:

Try some injector cleaner?

Mine has always idled low/little rough....but I like it that way

RubHer Yellow Ducky 02-03-2009 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HummBebe
You are such a goofball :giggling:

Try some injector cleaner?

Mine has always idled low/little rough....but I like it that way

Doesn't look anything like me...!!! and I have a question BEBE, why do you like it rough ?!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RubHer Yellow Ducky 02-03-2009 04:25 PM

as i was saying earlier...both of mine idol correctly...you can try a fuel additive or injection cleaner, change the fuel filter, check for loose connections to the plugs, burn a tank of premium and if all of that fails go to the dealer and have the mechcanic take a ride with you...first off go to StarBucks and buy Him a large latte and a muffin then hit a bunch of red lights...take a mechcanic, not the service writer...and by the way, settle on only one dealers and make sure you bring your REGULAR Service Writer (always use the same one) a bottle of WINE every June and just before Christmas...

Webster1 02-04-2009 06:55 PM

Thanks for the info, I do keep up with good mantanance on the truck but this has me stumped. The rough running seems to be after warmup and has progressivly gotten wrose over time. I know the I5 has a little vibration but not this much. I'll keep posting what I find.
What is the correct RPM at idle?

RubHer Yellow Ducky 02-05-2009 02:18 AM

it should be in the book...

mine's lost !

HUMTECH 02-06-2009 12:54 AM

I would check the camshaft position solenoid. If you can rotate it without removing the hold down bolt it needs to be replaced. Also if you remove it and any of the screens are missing where the oil feed holes are, again it needs to be replaced. These two problems can cause idle issues without setting codes but usually do set a code

pdsq99f4 02-06-2009 05:05 PM

If it only runs rough at idle after it warms up it probably is going to need a head. Even a few 07's have had bad heads. Not nearly as bad as early 06's though. Has your check engine light came on?

Webster1 02-08-2009 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pdsq99f4
If it only runs rough at idle after it warms up it probably is going to need a head. Even a few 07's have had bad heads. Not nearly as bad as early 06's though. Has your check engine light came on?

Never had the light come on. From what I read about the head, my first thought would be to change it. I am going to try and get it back in the shop next week. Buy this time I am taking it to a different shop and see what they come up with.

RubHer Yellow Ducky 02-08-2009 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Webster1
Thanks for the info, I do keep up with good mantanance on the truck but this has me stumped. The rough running seems to be after warmup and has progressivly gotten wrose over time. I know the I5 has a little vibration but not this much. I'll keep posting what I find.
What is the correct RPM at idle?

Checking the TACK mine seems to be in the 600 range

fourfourto 02-08-2009 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RubHer Yellow Ducky
Checking the TACK mine seems to be in the 600 range

X2 since new its been around 600 nice and steady:beerchug: