Hummer Forums by Elcova

Hummer Forums by Elcova (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   Photos of YOUR H3 (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   GOBI Racks Rock!! (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34257)

PA-H3 05-28-2008 06:13 PM

GOBI Racks Rock!!

5 Attachment(s)
Finally took some pics of it... enjoy!

Attachment 48347

Attachment 48348

Attachment 48349

Attachment 48350

Attachment 48351

Sorry no action shots... girlfriend doesn't like to get muddy when we're going out for the night... and she wouldn't take any of me jumping up and down on the roof... Clay bird throwre is getting mounted as soon as I get my extension on my garage... The truck fits in now but with the thrower on it's 3 inches too high...

timgco 05-28-2008 06:34 PM

Re: GOBI Racks Rock!!

LOOKS GOOD!!!!!!

Ryan Graham 05-29-2008 04:32 AM

I know that usually gobi is a no drill install but I can see the foot that is farthest forward rests on the plastic and not on the rails. Do you have to drill any of the vehicle to mount the rack or ladder?

ChiHummer3 05-29-2008 01:23 PM

Nice rack! :clapping:

timgco 05-29-2008 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryan Graham
I know that usually gobi is a no drill install but I can see the foot that is farthest forward rests on the plastic and not on the rails. Do you have to drill any of the vehicle to mount the rack or ladder?

No drilling.

In front of the rail, there is a whole with a fctory bolt that hold the plastic roof chanel in place. There's a welded in nut to the frame. GOBI uses a nylon spacer and than the bracket to attch to the rack. WORKS GREAT!!!!

PA-H3 05-29-2008 05:58 PM

no drilling but I would recommend more than 2 people to lift the rack... My brother and I lifted it and it was a bit scary... I had to put scaffolding across the hood so that we could get it up on the roof... I would say 4 people would be the optimal number but 2 normal size guys can handle it... and I know it says 500lbs is the max weight but it can handle allot more... The rack is a bit pricey but it's worth IT!!! If any body has any contacts for off-roading lights I'm all ears... I just don't want to drop 600+ dollars on lights...

timgco 05-29-2008 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PA-H3
no drilling but I would recommend more than 2 people to lift the rack... My brother and I lifted it and it was a bit scary... I had to put scaffolding across the hood so that we could get it up on the roof... I would say 4 people would be the optimal number but 2 normal size guys can handle it... and I know it says 500lbs is the max weight but it can handle allot more... The rack is a bit pricey but it's worth IT!!! If any body has any contacts for off-roading lights I'm all ears... I just don't want to drop 600+ dollars on lights...

You could always use the HELLA FF75 lights. THey fit and are cheap vs the $700 for PIAA lights. IMO, the PIAA are a higher quality light, but if you are just wanting them for occasional use, the Hella's are just fine.

H3less 05-30-2008 08:57 PM

Quote:

I bought some Hella 75's for my gobi rack, driving for the front, floods for the back. They are much more affordable than the PIAA'S and unless you really need the light all the time...
I still need to install mine.

Bro 06-08-2008 04:56 PM

That looks awesome! Is that the stealth rack?

PA-H3 06-09-2008 05:39 PM

Yup... I am also looking at lights for it but I think I decided I'll just make a temporary mount for my 15million candle power spot light... Off road lights are really expensive...

frenzy1 06-17-2008 06:48 AM

great ! I'm very happy with my gobi set up too !! :perfect10s:

brad_p 06-17-2008 02:55 PM

Looks good. I completely agree with putting it on being a bit scary. When we put mine on the h2 i felt that way. Hardest part to me was getting the tire on the roof. Lights will make it look great, Doesnt look like you have room to fit circle lights.

algy 07-19-2008 08:25 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Yeah, I like my GOBI too.

Attachment 49012

Attachment 49013

Texas Red 08-12-2008 02:29 PM

PA-H3,
Is that a rubber seal at the base of the wind deflector at the very front edge? Is that custom or part of the Gobi install?

DRTYFN 08-12-2008 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by algy
Yeah, I like my GOBI too.

Yeah, it's nice you found the filters in your photoshop, but could you just post the regular pictures and leave the artsy-fartsy out of it? kthnx

PA-H3 08-12-2008 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texas Red
PA-H3,
Is that a rubber seal at the base of the wind deflector at the very front edge? Is that custom or part of the Gobi install?

Yes it is... It is a GOBI install... when you mount the rack you need to push on the plastic piece so that it contours your roof... and when I say plastic it's not flimsey one bit... it is about a 1/8'' or thicker and takes a bit to flex it...

timgco 08-12-2008 10:56 PM

Quote:

Yes it is... It is a GOBI install... when you mount the rack you need to push on the plastic piece so that it contours your roof... and when I say plastic it's not flimsey one bit... it is about a 1/8'' or thicker and takes a bit to flex it...

ummm, that's metal...not plastic. :popcorn: Stick a magnet on it.

RuggedH2 08-13-2008 06:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by timgco
ummm, that's metal...not plastic. :popcorn: Stick a magnet on it.

:D ;) :clapping:

Dave92270 08-13-2008 07:28 PM

nice rack - I don't want one since I have no need for rack, but if I would this would probably be the one to go with. Looks sturdy - perfect match for H3!