Hummer Forums by Elcova

Hummer Forums by Elcova (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   General H2 Discussion (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   leaky pig (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39822)

vandy0090 07-07-2010 11:14 PM

leaky pig

so we has some flooding here yesterday. the wife came to get me in the middle of a 3 mile run when it hit. (thankfully i think i might have drown lol)
anyhow when we were driving back home i noticed some water dripping in the truck around where the inside of both of the sun visors attach (little clip deal) and also a little where the front of the roof console is. im guessing the lights across the roof are leaking? well at least the center on is. i jumped up there and looked at it and it looks like it could be the culprit. anyone have any issues with this if so how did you fix it. its gonna be raining cats and dogs here the next week or so and i would like to get this fixed before her H smells as bad as my leaky ass K5. anythoughs?

thanks in advance

Olfart 07-07-2010 11:34 PM

Re: leaky pig

Could be the sunroof...if you have one. If not then do a search for "leaks" in this forum. Plenty of good info already posted. Requires removing the lights and using RTV sealant. Common H2 problem:grouphug:

vandy0090 07-08-2010 12:15 AM

no sunroof. will try the search function when i get to a comp and off my crackberry thanks:)

H2illBilly 07-08-2010 01:28 AM

I had the same problem last year at first I tried using double sided tape. I ended up just using black silicone or gasket maker. Some advice, if one is leaking go ahead and fix them all, including the rear. Remove the old double sided foam tape and clean all contact areas real good before use the silicone.

ROUSHDEMON 07-08-2010 02:13 AM

Its the marker lights for sure, use silicone and problem solved, search the forum for more info tho.

vandy0090 07-08-2010 02:21 AM

Anyone have advice on gettin the lights off? I saw one post about twisting them off? Not sure how to get them off. I will prob be doing it when I get off. Tonight. I've had one almost come off and I had to pop it back on. Hmmmm

H2illBilly 07-08-2010 03:11 PM

On the right side of the light you can see a small notch in the bottom of the plastic. Use a flat head screwdriver and carefully push it into the notch, releasing the clip and gently pull up about an inch and then slide the light to the right.

vandy0090 07-09-2010 01:40 AM

Well I pulled them off gooped the crap outta them and slapped um back on. Pouring its a$$ off as no leaking. Wish I could say the same for the k5

Big.Z.hummin 07-09-2010 05:24 AM

had the same problem not to long ago... leaking in overhead console. i just checked all the marker lights and checked they were pushed in and no more leaking so far. hope you find the problem

vandy0090 07-11-2010 01:14 AM

so far so good. took them all off sealed the hell outta them and slapped them back on. no leaks so far. lets keep our fingers crossed. thanks for the help guys