Hummer Forums by Elcova

Hummer Forums by Elcova (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   General H3 Discussion (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Update On The Friggen Bike Rack.. (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34487)

Viet Nam Vette 06-16-2008 10:37 PM

Update On The Friggen Bike Rack..

Got My Allen's 303D from Acdemey Sports to day and installed it.. I change the way the botton mounted and did not use the lower straps to connect to the bumper.

Instead I added another set of straps to the included ones and raped them around the tire . This now lets me open the cargo door with out undoing any straps. I also added a Secutity palastic coated cabel with a lock to Help prevent theft....but know gauranties...
:clapping:

Now the Cargo door opens all the way.... Sweet..!!

In the photo below I add a piece of water Pipe Foam around the steel Tube to prevent it from digging into the Chrome rim under the cover... Works real well..

RubHer Yellow Ducky 06-17-2008 01:48 AM

Re: Update On The Friggen Bike Rack..

[quote=Viet Nam Vette]Got My Allen's 303D from Acdemey Sports to day and installed it.. I change the way the botton mounted and did not use the lower straps to connect to the bumper.

Instead I added another set of straps to the included ones and raped them around the tire . This now lets me open the cargo door with out undoing any straps. I also added a Secutity palastic coated cabel with a lock to Help prevent theft....but know gauranties...

do the Police know yet ????

Viet Nam Vette 06-17-2008 02:34 PM

[quote=RubHer Yellow Ducky]
Quote:

Originally Posted by Viet Nam Vette
Got My Allen's 303D from Acdemey Sports to day and installed it.. I change the way the botton mounted and did not use the lower straps to connect to the bumper.

do the Police know yet ????

You Know...That is a funny Friggen Typo....I'll leave it their since your Big Red Letters makes it jump out. It will add to the Quality of the thread. I saw the "W" In Wrapped when I was typing the word in my mind..but my eyes saw Raped....
:jump: :jump:

brad_p 06-17-2008 02:44 PM

Hahahaa glad to see you got your rack working or should i say forced your rack to work.

Viet Nam Vette 06-17-2008 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brad_p
Hahahaa glad to see you got your rack working or should i say forced your rack to work.

Thanks Dude...:perfect10s:

djaqualight 06-17-2008 03:10 PM

Glad it worked out!!

Viet Nam Vette 06-17-2008 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by djaqualight
Glad it worked out!!

Thanks..and it pop's off easy too...

phantom2 06-17-2008 11:51 PM

Forget the bike...how are you going to fit this on there???http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GWZp1U2iS4

Yetti 06-18-2008 01:53 AM

all I see is a 19" frame and cottered cranks...your bike needs an up grade to the 21th century.

wpage 06-18-2008 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yetti
all I see is a 19" frame and cottered cranks...your bike needs an up grade to the 21th century.

Its Jersey dude...
Upgrades will be gone!
:beerchug:

frenzy1 06-18-2008 12:57 PM

well done bro !

btw, love that decal ! :perfect10s:

RubHer Yellow Ducky 06-18-2008 02:22 PM

I laught with you...my spelling is WORST then yours !

Viet Nam Vette 06-18-2008 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yetti

To quote
Quote:

wpage

Quote:

It's Joisey Dude...
Rust rules... It's like driving a "Rat Rod" Or Never cleanen your H3 or H2 after you get done wheelen in the mud. You just drive down the road with the Mud on the Rig ....Cool...
:perfect10s:

Viet Nam Vette 06-18-2008 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phantom2
Forget the bike...how are you going to fit this on there???http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GWZp1U2iS4

Man....!!! I lost my Lunch Think-en about strapping them babes on the rear. In fact I'd proably have to strap a 12"-er on to service the old dogs....

:jump: :jump:

Casey 07-04-2008 08:02 AM

Just an FYI that setup will not work well with a 35" spare. I had that rack initially wanting to do the same thing but was not comfortable the rack was gonna stay put. Ended up swapping for the allen hitch mount with additional problems. The rack would not clear the spare, ended up taking off the spare to get the rack into the receiver. Ultimately ended up getting a 12" receiver extension from the local trailer place, and just leave that attached to the rack when I pull it off.

Fodder for the archives if anyone else is looking for rack options.

Viet Nam Vette 07-04-2008 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Casey
Just an FYI that setup will not work well with a 35" spare. I had that rack initially wanting to do the same thing but was not comfortable the rack was gonna stay put. Ended up swapping for the allen hitch mount with additional problems. The rack would not clear the spare, ended up taking off the spare to get the rack into the receiver. Ultimately ended up getting a 12" receiver extension from the local trailer place, and just leave that attached to the rack when I pull it off.

Fodder for the archives if anyone else is looking for rack options.

Good info to have. I have a 33'' tire with the off road package. It's a tight fit but it works well.