Hummer Forums by Elcova

Hummer Forums by Elcova (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   Other Off-Roading Vehicles (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   FJ > H2 (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14921)

ShaggyX 02-03-2006 12:50 PM

Not that any of you care...but I am putting some serious thought into picking up a new FJ Cruiser when they come out this spring. $25k is the edge of what I can afford...but I bet I could still make Moab and the Rubicon this year. After all...what's the point of buying a new truck if I can't use it to put you all in your place?

ShaggyX 02-03-2006 12:50 PM

Not that any of you care...but I am putting some serious thought into picking up a new FJ Cruiser when they come out this spring. $25k is the edge of what I can afford...but I bet I could still make Moab and the Rubicon this year. After all...what's the point of buying a new truck if I can't use it to put you all in your place?

Ipedog 02-03-2006 01:27 PM

I don't know if I'd use >, but theres a real good chance that it will be a great truck. When I got my H3 I was coming from a 4Runner, which was a great truck for what it was.

My short list was the H3 and the FJ. The things that killed the FJ were:

Only 2 primary doors (no good for an adult w/kids)
and
Not Available yet...

You're young and don't have kids (AFAIK) so 2 doors won't be an issue, and you've got the time to wait, which I didn't.

My guess is that if you want one you better get in line soon, there may be a wait list.

h2co-pilot 02-03-2006 01:36 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ipedog:

Only 2 primary doors (no good for an adult w/kids)
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Shaggy just needs a 3 inch crack to slide in.

Very Cool Shaggy, if not the FJ anything to get you up LB.

ShaggyX 02-03-2006 01:40 PM

I went down to the stealership last night. They said they have 17 people on the list, but that they expect to get a lot more than that. Also, I am not really looking to grab one from the first shipment. If I have to wait a month or 2...oh well.

Probably won't have it in time for Moab. I really need to sell my 240sx first for the down payment, but I don't want to do that until I see one in person to make sure I really want it. Which would leave about 2 weeks to sell the car, and buy the FJ in order to get it to Moab.

h2co-pilot 02-03-2006 01:45 PM

A used CJ, YJ, Rubi would be cool 2.

ShaggyX 02-03-2006 01:47 PM

Don't want a Jeep. Jeepers are weird. Would rather keep the s10 then get a Jeep.

ShaggyX 02-03-2006 02:01 PM

Stock should be 32" BFG AT's I thought...right?

GLBLWARMR 02-03-2006 02:03 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I have owned many yotas and have liked them all. The only problem I have with the new FJ is that it looks like an blown up version of the minicooper.

I think that the FJ would make one hell of a dive vehicle though.

Dan 02-03-2006 02:16 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by h2co-pilot:
Shaggy just needs a 3 inch crack to slide in.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lets keep Shaggy's lack of female interaction out of this.

Adam in CO 02-03-2006 02:17 PM

Since when is Shaggy allowed to start threads?

ShaggyX 02-03-2006 02:21 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Adam in CO:
Since when is Shaggy allowed to start threads? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I am just wondering how long it takes before my thread gets moved or deleted by the the little punk ass moderator (not Jason...the other one).

Fubar 02-03-2006 02:36 PM

Shaggy will finally have his own fourm to belong to
http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/

And Wooho it comes with a built in "Inclinometer"
http://www.carbuyersnotebook.com/arc...usier_--_w.htm

I can see it now this bubble of a car with a 6 inch lift & 37 inch tires, quite a sight

best of luck with the purchase shaggster

ShaggyX 02-03-2006 03:05 PM

265/70/17 is 31.6 inches. Most 32's are about the same from what I remember. Also, I will be going from open diff's with 31's, to 1 locker and 1 limited slip with 32's (about). I think I should be good for a while.

DRTYFN 02-03-2006 03:10 PM

1 Attachment(s)
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ShaggyZr2:
After all...what's the point of buying a new truck if I can't use it to put you all in your place? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

With the HUGE overhangs front & back, you're going to have your work cut out for you trying to put us in our places.

ShaggyX 02-03-2006 03:14 PM

Aww, come on. I was compairing it to an H2...why'd it have to get moved?

Has a better approach angle then my s10 (33 or so degrees I believe). I am pretty sure I will be alright.