Hummer Forums by Elcova

Hummer Forums by Elcova (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2 (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   AHH My 2 is finally awake!!!! (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43096)

markkiemark 01-12-2013 10:56 PM

AHH My 2 is finally awake!!!!

Well I decide recently to take my stock H2 to my Corvette tuner for a custom tune. He's been bugging me for a while so I finally gave in. Truck is stock except for 20" rims with M/T. WOW! What a difference!. Throttle response is awesome. Truck gets up and goes way better than before. We adjusted for the tire size, tuned it for premium gas and adjusted all the shift points. Shifts are now spaced out better and firm. I know many have probably done this already but I figured I'd share my experience with you. BTW it's Corvette's of Westchester in Ossining NY. Thanks!!

wallyyachts 01-13-2013 03:11 AM

Re: AHH My 2 is finally awake!!!!

What did they do to improve throttle responsive?

markkiemark 01-13-2013 11:17 PM

I'm not sure but it is something with the tune. Feel free to give him a call to discuss further. Thanks

pdxrealtor 01-14-2013 05:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by markkiemark
I'm not sure but it is something with the tune. Feel free to give him a call to discuss further. Thanks

I got a program that was almost the same a dyno tune and I report the same! A night and day difference!

I'd be real curious to see if you noticed any difference between my tune and yours.

Badace 01-26-2013 02:22 AM

What do I do to do this? Im in tx

pdxrealtor 01-26-2013 02:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Badace
What do I do to do this? Im in tx

Buy a programmer and contact diablew or go visit a dyno shop.

Actually just go to diablews website and buy the programmer from him, you'll save some money.

USMC_Buckaroo 02-03-2013 06:27 PM

Howdy markkiemark,

If I may ask, how much did your new and improved dyno tune cost you at your corvette guys shop?.....cuz, that DiabLew place is asking $685.00 sheckles for theirs...in a box....at my front door!

TIA.

Buck.

pdxrealtor 02-03-2013 10:32 PM

The diab lew is 485, not 685.

USMC_Buckaroo 02-04-2013 01:26 AM

Oops, sorry....I was just going by this....

....my bad.

Buck.

USMC_Buckaroo 02-04-2013 01:28 AM

....What IS it with the image posting here??.....I post images the same way on a plethora of other sites with nary a problem. :rolleyes:

Buck.

pdxrealtor 02-04-2013 01:42 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by USMC_Buckaroo
Oops, sorry....I was just going by this....

....my bad.

Buck.

Attachment 54162

pdxrealtor 02-04-2013 01:43 AM

Not sure, images aren't working for me either.

Easy Ed 02-04-2013 01:52 AM

Copied the first line of BB-Code from link below and it shows pic.

http://www.imagebam.com/image/ea0631235559447

Quote:

Originally Posted by USMC_Buckaroo
....What IS it with the image posting here??.....I post images the same way on a plethora of other sites with nary a problem. :rolleyes:

Buck.

pdxrealtor 02-04-2013 01:56 AM

Ah I see. He was looking at the trinity.

Buck do you need the trinity for some reason?

markkiemark 02-17-2013 04:39 AM

Contact Corvettes of Westchester in Ossining NY. Chuck does mail order tunes on C6's but I am not sure if he can with Hummers. Now that I added a cat back exhaust I will go for a re-tune to further enhance my driving experience... The in shop tune is $500 I believe but I had the oil changed and at his recommendation added a 160 stat. Truck runs cool as can be. Well it is winter but the needle reads so much lower! His mail tunes are a little cheaper I believe.Throttle response is awesome. Shifts are now longer in between gears and harder too and overall feels great!!