Hummer Forums by Elcova

Hummer Forums by Elcova (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   Technical Discussion and Customizing your H3 (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Cold weather and low tire pressure message (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24290)

zibby 01-31-2007 05:04 AM

Cold weather and low tire pressure message

So how many of you got low tire pressure message related to cold weather?
I got it 2 times in last 2 weeks. Error in morning, and fine afternoon.
Gotta love New England weather

:jump:

adamh3 01-31-2007 02:15 PM

Re: Cold weather and low tire pressure message

I've been getting the same thing down here in Mississippi. About 26 degrees in the morning and around 45 or so in the afternoon. Light comes on in the morning and doesn't in the afternoon.

fourfourto 01-31-2007 04:18 PM

The following morning air the tires up to 35(if you have duelers)
I find the light goes on when the psi falls below 32 in one tire. So when light goes on then goes off the tires need to be toped off following morning.
Tire psi should be checked every month or two or when light goes on.

whaaaaT 01-31-2007 05:00 PM

mine has never gone off. I got a flat once and it went off thats it. I've never had any problems with em. I think i've checked em maybe 2 times since i got the car. I have the lux tires though. Perhaps this only happens to the offroad package tires. Dealer told me if i put different tires on it I should do the calibration thing for them else it will go off a lot. I dont understand cause PSI is PSI it shouldnt matter what kind of tire it is if its the same PSI on the inside. But i supose it does somehow.

zibby 01-31-2007 08:23 PM

Well, at least I know sensor is working, LOL.
N2 sounds like next project for this spring (too cold outside). I have N2 tank with regulator (used for HVAC work)
:jump:

f5fstop 02-01-2007 01:06 AM

Larger tires contain more volume, therefore, Because of the larger volume of air in these tires, it experiences greater pressure drop overnight when the temperature gets cold. So the 33's may set off the warning faster than the 32's if everything else is equal.

As for reprogramming. The reprogramming procedure is only used to allow the BCM to recognize the electronic serial number of the sensor. Changing rubber should not affect the sensor.

H3.007 02-07-2007 03:57 PM

You may wish to manually check the tire pressure. I checked mine (33s) this weekend and they were each about a 1.5 pounds low after a 1 mile drive to the gas station. This week, we have had temps in the zero range (30 below with windchill) and I am now not receiving the warning as much. In fact, I don't think it even alerted during the past two mornings.

Slammed Vette 02-07-2007 06:22 PM

Mine goes off all the time.Wish it had sensors that would actually tell you which tire and the pressure like my vette does!!!

inkyblacks 02-09-2007 04:15 AM

Mine has gone off about everyday for the last month. It is damn cold here in NE.

flyboy350 02-12-2007 04:29 AM

Mine goes off until the tires warm up.... not all the time but if it does it is only when it is cold, cold, cold....:)

gr8hntr 02-12-2007 05:05 AM

mine went off for a week all tires were up, i even called the dealer and asked them at what psi the light came on ...
at day 8 i checked the spare and added air to it and the light didnt come on anymore
so i reckon it reads the spare also
dont know forsure but it made my light stay off

fourfourto 02-12-2007 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gr8hntr
mine went off for a week all tires were up, i even called the dealer and asked them at what psi the light came on ...
at day 8 i checked the spare and added air to it and the light didnt come on anymore
so i reckon it reads the spare also
dont know forsure but it made my light stay off

The spare is definatly not read,not part of the system.
If you use it you have to reset the system.

If light goes on then off just air up following morning.