Hummer Forums by Elcova

Hummer Forums by Elcova (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2 (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Why carry a spare tire? (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6851)

DelawareH2 12-31-2002 08:08 PM

I just picked up my H2 last night. My business partner bought his last week and after one hour of driving his, I had to have one.

I had a spare tire carrier mounted on the back, to free up room inside. However, I got the compressor with the H2, so I am wondering if I need a spare at all for around town driving. I can't remember the last time I had sidewall damage to a tire.

With the compressor and a tire repair kit, I don't see why I would need a spare. Maybe I'm too used to being on a motorcyle in the middle of nowhere, having to repair a punctured inner tube.

DelawareH2 12-31-2002 08:08 PM

I just picked up my H2 last night. My business partner bought his last week and after one hour of driving his, I had to have one.

I had a spare tire carrier mounted on the back, to free up room inside. However, I got the compressor with the H2, so I am wondering if I need a spare at all for around town driving. I can't remember the last time I had sidewall damage to a tire.

With the compressor and a tire repair kit, I don't see why I would need a spare. Maybe I'm too used to being on a motorcyle in the middle of nowhere, having to repair a punctured inner tube.

bklynh2srock 12-31-2002 08:29 PM

Welcome-

See the thread that Steve R started in the general discussion section for all of the discourse you need on that subject. All 82 posts.

DelawareH2 01-02-2003 01:53 AM

Thanks for the info on the previous posts.

The next time I'm up to Flatbush Ave I'll honk.

Adam in CO 01-05-2003 01:11 PM

Um, isn't that what Onstar is for? I've never used it, except to finally hear an adult call me "Mr. Smith". If oyu're in town, won't they send someone to you?

Want to be a Model, Actor or Professional Musician? E-mail aps101374@yahoo.com for more info!

DelawareH2 01-05-2003 02:11 PM

Since I carry a cell phone (who doesn't) and I live on the East Coast with pretty good cell coverage, I don't see a lot of use for the OnStar system.

I turned a corner too close with the 740 and wrecked the tire (and rim and suspension and ....). Help was just a cell phone call away, so OnStar wasn't and isn't necessary.

I guess if I am in an accident and the airbags deploy, it's a nice feature to have the emergency service call me. Also, we did have our Volvo wagon stolen (what idiot would steal a Volvo) so the location service would have been nice. Even so, I don't see a lot of use for it.

If they had negotiated rates with multiple cell carriers and provided a detachable phone with a decent rate plan, I would have used it. Have you seen the rates they charge for cell calls? Outrageous!